Tyler Ennis needs to go

darksabre

Why? Because his trade value may still be high? I can understand that, but I'm still pulling for the guy. He's not pulling a Leino or Hodgson. Things will begin to play out. And when they do it'll benefit the Sabres. 

I'm looking to the playoffs. And I don't see Ennis on a Sabres team in the playoffs. 

How long ago was it that 63 was dancing through the Canucks to set up the winning goal?

He will turn it around

GO SABRES!!!

Ennis' primary problem is he isn't good enough to do that consistently, but he thinks that he is.

GMTM likes the LA Kings model right? Where does Ennis fit there? 

Does that mean it has to be a carbon copy? Ennis is a ~45 point complementary player on a good contract. I have zero issue keeping him as long as he gets to the point where he's playing a better team game.

I think you can pretty much throw the Kings model out the window with Reinhart and Eichel here and no Doughty, much more likely you're looking at Chicago with Risto-??? becoming Keith and Seabrooke. No doubt GMTM wants to play heavy like the Kings, but the Blues play heavy too, and where has that gotten them?

14k posts eh TrueBlue? Congrats

Edited by WildCard

I'm perfectly amenable to trading Ennis, but I don't think he has to go. He's clearly struggling not being the guy on a bad team where he's allowed to freewheel and do whatever, yet I think he'll come around. 

GMTM likes the LA Kings model right? Where does Ennis fit there? 

So do I need to raise my pitchfork or not? I would move him happily. I don't see him fitting in long term with so many small guys here. I agree with both of your comments here so if he's going it really does have to be something we are really looking to be better at long term. LHD? Yes, move him if the LHD fits the bill. Move him for the sake of moving him? Hell no. Let him figure it out.

Ennis' primary problem is he isn't good enough to do that consistently, but he thinks that he is.

Does that mean it has to be a carbon copy? Ennis is a ~45 point complementary player on a good contract. I have zero issue keeping him as long as he gets to the point where he's playing a better team game.

Complementary is the right word. But complementary to whom? 

I think you can pretty much throw the Kings model out the window with Reinhart and Eichel here and no Doughty, much more likely you're looking at Chicago with Risto-??? becoming Keith and Seabrooke. No doubt GMTM wants to play heavy like the Kings, but the Blues play heavy too, and where has that gotten them?

The more I hear it the more I think "playing heavy" is just code for "not talented enough." Tampa and Chicago played for the Cup last year and they're two of the smallest most finesse teams in the league. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.