GDT: Buffalo @ St.Louis, 8:00 pm est, 11/19/2015

WildCard

I read the St. Louis Game Time (their version of Die by the Blade) recap of the game and the overall sense was they felt lucky to get a win against the Sabres and that Allen stole a win for them.  This line made me laugh:

Brian Gionta (who seriously still plays??!!??)

I'll just leave that there without comment.

In the summary paragraph it did say

Buffalo really impressed tonight and its clear that they have a superstar in Eichel and a good plan with Dan Bylsma leading them.

For all the early season frustration, the outside perspective is that the Sabres are heading in the right direction.

I read the St. Louis Game Time (their version of Die by the Blade) recap of the game and the overall sense was they felt lucky to get a win against the Sabres and that Allen stole a win for them.  This line made me laugh:

I'll just leave that there without comment.

In the summary paragraph it did say

For all the early season frustration, the outside perspective is that the Sabres are heading in the right direction.

Just stop it right there mister!

How dare you try and stop a perfectly good discussion born of frustration and losing. 

We'll see how lovey-dovey you are come Saturday night if they lose in a shoot out.

But in all serious, I get the same type feed back from non-Sabres fans that will talk to me.

How dare you try and stop a perfectly good discussion born of frustration and losing. 

We'll see how lovey-dovey you are come Saturday night if they lose in a shoot out.

But in all serious, I get the same type feed back from non-Sabres fans that will talk to me.

I laughed

<conspiracy_theory>

Go back and rethink the decisions on player usage with the following in mind.

1. The Sabres do not want to make the playoffs this year.

2. The goal of this season is to show they can compete.

3. The Sabres will get a lottery pick in 2016.

</conspiracy_theory>

Now.. that said.. NHL network had a stat up today on the Sabres being the 5th lowest scoring team in the league.  Anaheim and Detroit were tied or below them.  I don't feel so bad anymore.

Didn't see the game.. can't comment more than that.

Sorry Eleven, but ties suck ass. I don't wanna be indifferent at the end of a game. Just keep going 3-3 or playoff OT

Playoff OT is fine by me, and I don't care about back-to-backs.  Either sacrifice the point or deal with the fatigue the next day.

After 2 years of tanking, it's ironic how impatient we are to win now  :lol:

I agree but the reason for some of these losses are not goaltending or stupid play, it is because some guys who SHOULD be finishing plays are not putting it in the back of the net. THAT is what pisses me off

I was looking forward to seeing him at the game but if I have to worry about him getting lovey-dovey, well that's just not going to work with me :blink:

On a more serious note, I haven't heard a discouraging word about the Sabres from any outside source. Everyone's in love with Jack's upside and raving about O'Reilly's play. In fact what in the world was Colorado thinking when they ditched this guy??? What a work horse he's turned out to be.

I was looking forward to seeing him at the game but if I have to worry about him getting lovey-dovey, well that's just not going to work with me :blink:

On a more serious note, I haven't heard a discouraging word about the Sabres from any outside source. Everyone's in love with Jack's upside and raving about O'Reilly's play. In fact what in the world was Colorado thinking when they ditched this guy??? What a work horse he's turned out to be.

Colorado decided to buy into MacKinnon and Duchene, which isn't a terrible idea but ROR, and again Blue has proven me so wrong, has clearly been a force in most games this season.  That guy is just constantly working and I think his work ethic is being infused into Sam Reinhart, which is awesome.

Fine. Gionta should be in the top three in the shootout. What's that? He's not a finisher anymore? Then why's he on the power play or hogging minutes in overtime? The galling play last night was him doing his best Helen Keller impression and not seeing Eichel wide open in the high slot in the overtime and inexplicably taking the puck out of the zone.

Came here for this.  Thank you.  Eichel had a ton of space to beat his guy.  Looked like game over.

I'm kinda stoked we go 2 of 4 points from the top 2 teams in the West.

The Sabres are pretty good.

1/4 actually, Dallas beat us in regulation. (Though we probably get at least a point if that exact game happened any other year in the NHL's history, without replay)

The Sharks were our other OT game.

4-2-2 in November so far, I'll definitely take that.

1/4 actually, Dallas beat us in regulation. (Though we probably get at least a point if that exact game happened any other year in the NHL's history, without replay)

The Sharks were our other OT game.

4-2-2 in November so far, I'll definitely take that.

oops. you're right. Had a game on Tuesday and didn't see the Dallas game.

ROR . . . has clearly been a force in most games this season.  That guy is just constantly working and I think his work ethic is being infused into Sam Reinhart, which is awesome.

I still can't get over what a possession monster he is. Just watching him. So much man crush. And, yes, it's a product of work ethic and hustle. But there are other factors at play. Like talent.

I personally think ppl get too obsessed over what line someone is on. Lines don't mean that much really.

I disagree.  A lot.

Eichel looks gassed to me.  So many times he'll recover a puck in the offensive zone after a shot and blindly throw it back at the slot to no one (despite the fact that he has open space in front of him most of the time).  He's not controlling the game with his speed anymore.  I liked Kane on his line last night because he's a shining example of going hard.  Their speed combined with Reinhart for some good tries, but Kane and Jack aren't yet looking as dangerous as they will.

Gionta played pretty well, but he still doesn't have enough talent to justify the ice time he gets.  Dude is tough as nails, though.

O'Reilly, man what a beast.

Disappointing loss, fun game.  Those 5-3s hurt my soul.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.