Fall/Winter 2015-2016 TV and Movies

Thwomp!

Fargo season 2 ended last night.  I was waiting for Lou to get shot in the hip.  In season 1 he said it happened at "the Massacre of Sioux Falls", but it didn't happen at all.  I don't mind little inconsistencies like this.  It keeps things interesting/makes you think.  I did find Hank's explanation of the strange symbols in his office pretty unsatisfying, however.  I was glad they didn't kill off Betsy, even though we know the cancer gets her.  Sure was a surreal return to Kansas City for Mike Milligan!

I really love this show and can't wait for season 3.  Pretty sure I'll be watching the first 2 seasons all over again before the third one gets here.

edit: I will miss the Solverson's crock pot in their kitchen.  I had the EXACT same one from 1985 until last year when it finally conked out.  Whenever they'd show it I would always fixate on it.

Edited by BagBoy

I liked the Fargo finale, but didn't love it as much as some of the other episodes this season.

Still, it was a great show.  Highly recommended.

Same. The finale was actually a bit of a letdown, but the series was great.

Didn't see season 1, might have to ask for it for Christmas as between having DTV & Amazon Prime, can't justify paying for Hulu too.

Didn't see season 1, might have to ask for it for Christmas as between having DTV & Amazon Prime, can't justify paying for Hulu too.

Use the one week free trial or just pay the eight or nine dollars for the month, watch it and cancel.

I haven't seen season 1 either.  One of the Fox cable channels showed all of the episodes over a weekend a couple of months ago and I got 'em on the DVR -- only to discover that it's a channel that is SD-only (at least on DirecTV).  This has created a free-for-all battle for my soul between my inner TV snob, my inner cheapskate and my inner couch potato that really wants to watch another season of the show.

Some of these shows make me feel really dumb. But... Fargo spoiler alert... one of the main characters this season appeared in Season One (thus, in the future) looking very different than he did in Season Two. It went right over my head. It was all revealed late in the finale this season. That's all I'll say. You can google it, of course.

I don't remember if it was this thread that we had the Bond discussion but something hit me last night:

Everybody is all like "ahhhh you can't have a gay James Bond. being PC blah blah don't ruin it." Did nobody pay attention during Skyfall? Bond very clearly indicates he's either bisexual or has at least has sexual interactions with men before... Don't make James Bond gay, but I think it'd be a fine twist if he ended up having an encounter with a male.

Concussion. Saw it this afternoon between Swedish pancakes and a magnificent turkey!

Great movie, powerful (Mike Webster, for those of my vintage), and thought provoking. I've talked about sports sanitizing themselves as kickoffs are eliminated in football and as fights and certain hits become more rare in hockey. See this film, and you'll understand why.

"Are you not entertained?"

I will now Google to see the NFL's responses to the film.

I don't remember if it was this thread that we had the Bond discussion but something hit me last night:

Everybody is all like "ahhhh you can't have a gay James Bond. ###### being PC blah blah don't ruin it." Did nobody pay attention during Skyfall? Bond very clearly indicates he's either bisexual or has at least has sexual interactions with men before... Don't make James Bond gay, but I think it'd be a fine twist if he ended up having an encounter with a male.

What?

The Big Short, the movie. See it. I watched yesterday.

I read the book. I lived it in my own corner of the world, like many of us. It's must see. Particularly interesting to those active in OT: Presidential Politics. Markets, ethics, governments and Human Beings.

Edited by N'eo

Nothing new but this random channel I've never heard of (FM) has been playing Dexter since Christmas. One season per day starting at noon.

I can't stop watching. This is my second time watching and it still blows me away... Well at least the first four seasons. But season five is today and boooooooyyyyyy does it suck. Such a let down after my favorite season in television history.

Season six returns the show to greatness. Tom Hank's son Colin plays the antagonist killer very well. Season seven has some quality plot in there (Ray Stevenson is a great temporary addition). Then season eight is just a terrible finish to a great show.

They've talked about a reboot of this... I hope they do it. Maybe give it two more seasons. End it the way it should've ended in the first place.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.