Fall/Winter 2015-2016 TV and Movies

Thwomp!

Leo's best performance was probably in The Departed, though he has a ton of good ones. But whether he should have won this year or not, isn't relative to how good his performance was in The Revenant compared to his others. The only thing relevant is how good it was compared to the other performances this year. His was the best of the competing performances nominated, therefore it was a deserved win. 

Did you like that movie? I thought it was pretty lousy.

Yeah I thought it was pretty good. A lot of it did feel like Martin Scorsese proving how much he can get away with. Jonah Hill was amazing, though.

Leo's best performance was probably in The Departed, though he has a ton of good ones. But whether he should have won this year or not, isn't relative to how good his performance was in The Revenant compared to his others. The only thing relevant is how good it was compared to the other performances this year. His was the best of the competing performances nominated, therefore it was a deserved win.

I hate award shows like the grammys, emmys, and oscars. It's all just too damn subjective. And the events themselves are basically just entertainment industries patting themselves on the back. (I know I brought up Leo's oscar, it was more of an "in a vacuum" type thought) Edited by qwksndmonster

Yeah I thought it was pretty good. A lot of it did feel like Martin Scorsese proving how much he can get away with. Jonah Hill was amazing, though.

I hate award shows like the grammys, emmys, and oscars. It's all just too damn subjective. And the events themselves are basically just entertainment industries patting themselves on the back. (I know I brought up Leo's oscar, it was more of an "in a vacuum" type thought)

Ya, I also know they frame their awards as "worldwide", but in reality, Best Picture for example is almost always "Best American Picture". 

Edit - It is officially stated as awards for the american film industry, to be fair. But again, they seem to be presented as otherwise sometimes. 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.