Fall/Winter 2015-2016 TV and Movies

Thwomp!

Just realized we need an updated thread for the changing of the seasons.  I watch and really enjoy The Walking Dead, Supernatural, and Gotham.  Heroes Reborn i watch when I don't have anything else in my queue (Not as good as the others I listed imo).  I also watch Survivor and Shark Tank, which are good because I can watch those with my kids.

For half hour shows I watch the Fox Sunday night shows (Bob's Burgers, Last Man on Earth, Simpsons, and Family Guy).  Still watch The Daily Show (not as good anymore imo) and Redacted Tonight.

Anyone watch any of these or have other recommendations?  Always interested in good shows that I haven't discovered yet.

Right now I'm watching:

The Blacklist (NBC on Thursday nights) - fantastic show with great characters and chemistry

Walking Dead (AMC on Sunday nights) - zombies take a backseat to human issues

Benders (IMC) - Dennis Leary's hockey comedy project has largely fallen flat but has potential

Heroes Reborn (NBC on Thursday nights) - what a glorious disappointment, TERRIBLE acting and bad storylines

Also rewatching Dexter from the beginning because that show is absolutely brilliant.

Trying to fit more Breaking Bad into my life.  Watched Fly recently.  What a sublime episode.

Mostly watching PBS News Hour and Planet Earth with my gramma.

Been watching some of the Ricky Gervais show as well.  Here's a youtube playlist with the entire series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj-sGZK2R0VkUZo6KdX761v1OLqE2_qRx

Funny stuff.  Very good smart guy/mean guy/dumb guy dynamic with Steve Merchant, Ricky Gervais, and Karl Pilkington.

Currently watching

The Blacklist - awesome

Hawaii Five-0 - fun buddy cop show

Currently anticipating

Spectre

Battle of the Five Armies extended edition

Star Wars

Hoss, I tried watching Benders. I quit on it after an episode and a half.

Fargo is intriguing. There's this whole extraterrestrial undercurrent going on. Can't wait to see how that unfolds.

Also rewatching Dexter from the beginning because that show is absolutely brilliant.

Agreed. Then, for me anyway, something happened the season after, well, the season after there was a huge development. I never did finish that season and I have only a vague idea of how the series ended.

Fargo is intriguing. There's this whole extraterrestrial undercurrent going on. Can't wait to see how that unfolds.

Agreed. Then, for me anyway, something happened the season after, well, the season after there was a huge development. I never did finish that season and I have only a vague idea of how the series ended.

Yea, I'm still undecided on whether or not I will go beyond season four this time around.

There's still talk of them reviving the show. I didn't hate the last few seasons as much as everybody else did but I HATED the finale. My hope is that they revive it and just act like the finale never happened/re-do it.

Currently watching

The Blacklist - awesome

Hawaii Five-0 - fun buddy cop show

Currently anticipating

Spectre

Battle of the Five Armies extended edition

Star Wars

Hoss, I tried watching Benders. I quit on it after an episode and a half.

Certainly can't wait for Star Wars. But I am looking forward to Battle of the Five Armies. Only 11 days to go. 

Watching:

Big Bang Theory - Excellent comedy 

NCIS - Have watched from the beginning still very good (I don't watch any of the spinoffs)

Modern Family - Another 1/2 hour comedy

Walking Dead - Yep

Blindside - New show on NBC, has a very Jason Bourne feel to it but with a Female main character. 

Waiting for Game of Thrones to return

Excited for Spectre and the new Star Wars. 

Edited by Ottosmagic13

A couple recommendations for The Blacklist and The Americans, two shows that I've thought about checking out.  For the people who watch them, why are they so good?

The Blacklist is great because of James Spader--he plays a supremely compelling character and owns each and every scene he's in. A lot of the storylines are pretty "out there" so you have to be able to suspend disbelief some, but hot damn is it a fun show.

The Blacklist is great because of James Spader--he plays a supremely compelling character and owns each and every scene he's in. A lot of the storylines are pretty "out there" so you have to be able to suspend disbelief some, but hot damn is it a fun show.

Would you say Spader's performance is MVP-worthy? :p

(PS - I agree)

Fargo has been great IMHO. The most recent episode was outstanding.

I liked Dexter but didn't love it and bailed after I think season 4. I thought the actress who played his sister was terrific.

East side -- The Americans is an excellent spy thriller with an original plot setting: the protagonists are Russian spies planted in a US suburban setting in Reagan-era DC. Highly recommended (and my wife really likes it too).

This week's Heroes featured one of the worst mistakes I've seen on network television. They have a scene where they go over the wreckage of an explosion and you VERY CLEARLY see a victim quickly lay down to make it look like they're either dead or need medical attention.

I try to stretch out Netflix shows so that the lull in between seasons is shorter, so I still have a couple left of House of Cards and Orange in the New Black.

Still have about half a season of Masters of Sex to watch. Last year I started watching Game of Thrones in my spare time so I'm going to need to find a new show to watch this winter. A new show on HBO called Vinyl looks intriguing, but that's still three months away.

Show needs more Dembe! I think he's really underutilized.

You'll probably see that. His latest story arc was compelling. And, at first I thought they were done with Tom, but my wife wanted him back. I was like: "mmmmm...". Now that he's back, I'm glad. I've grown to like his character.

This season's writing and pacing is top notch (in terms of keeping it interesting), and makes it easy to suspend disbelief. "Fun" is definitely the word for this show.

Show needs more Dembe! I think he's really underutilized.

Agreed. I like Dembe and wouldn't mind it if they had almost a whole episode dedicated to him.

Also - I find it weird that PeeWee Herman is always connected to drugs now. He was big time in Blow and was in this show. I guess that's a natural transition for him.

James Spader is an awesome villian. Been watchin Blindspot, if only because of hot women one with tatoes and a raspy voice pitter patters my heart, that and the third episode at the hospital was filmed outside the hospital I work in. Cool got to meet a few of the actors, smokin cig outside hosp ironically.

Edited by North Buffalo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.