Let's talk about Yeichel

Stads

Oh it isnt so bad imo, esp around halloween. I dont get the aversion... pretty positively harmless. I myself prefer Jack the Ripper strikes again, but that just me...

He could break into 16th century Yiddish for all I care. Keep scoring, kid. :)

This is the way I see it.

Little things don't bother me. "Yeichel" drives me nuts.

But it *is* a little thing.  You know, if this forum hadn't pointed it out to me I'd think RJ is just yelling, "Eichel!  Jack Eichel!"  There's so much crowd noise when RJ starts the call it's hard to hear what he's saying and I would just assume he's yelling the name of the scorer.

Is it a portmanteau of yikes and Eichel? I thought it was a mistake the first time too, but now it's obvious that it's on purpose.

Yes, this is it I'm pretty sure.

#firstworldproblems

Precisely.

It needs to the way of the dodo and the dinos

Soon this is what will happen to RJ. So instead of getting all upset about it, just realize it's for a year or two more at most. 

Perhaps it's an elaborate conspiracy theory set up by RJ himself to ease the eventual passing of the torch to DD. RJ has a great call lined up and he's secretly whispered it to DD already and is intentionally "tanking" his own call of Eichel, the generational player that RJ knows is not of his generation. He knows his time is running out and how it won't be easy for DD to fill his shoes. This mis-call by RJ is a selflessly clever way to ease the burden for DD.

This is the best theory.  Probably not true, but it's my favorite.

I said it before; RJ's earned the right to play free form jazz before a festival audience.

I may not get it. I may not like it (yet). But it's RJ's call. And RJ is the man.

I would have agreed with this...before Yeichel came into existence. To me is so unbelievably bad that not even RJ gets a pass for it. Eichel should be our best forward since LaFontaine, and "well RJ is RJ" doesn't cut it here. Edited by TrueBlueGED

But it *is* a little thing. You know, if this forum hadn't pointed it out to me I'd think RJ is just yelling, "Eichel! Jack Eichel!"

For clarity - I agree with you totally. Better if I'd said "Little things don't usually bother me but this little thing does bother me... a little.

Best reply was "#firstworldproblems"

I am in total smile/chuckle/smh mode with my hero, RJ.

Edited by N'eo

I still thought it might be an accident because Rick called him Yeichel during play earlier in the week, but the goal call last night was with too much authority. I think it's funny because I imagine him just blurting it out the first time and now he's sticking to his guns and he's gonna get it over even if it doesn't make any sense.

I still thought it might be an accident because Rick called him Yeichel during play earlier in the week, but the goal call last night was with too much authority. I think it's funny because I imagine him just blurting it out the first time and now he's sticking to his guns and he's gonna get it over even if it doesn't make any sense.

I think that's it, it sounded like an accident the first time, and now it just sounds like he decided to roll with it, Zero ###### Given, right?

Has any of the local media asked RJ about it? Is it a portmanteau of yikes and Eichel? I thought it was a mistake the first time too, but now it's obvious that it's on purpose.

I agree with your premise = plus I give you props for use of the word "portmanteau" in your post which you have parlayed particularly properly ......

I would have agreed with this...before Yeichel came into existence. To me is so unbelievably bad that not even RJ gets a pass for it. Eichel should be our best forward since LaFontaine, and "well RJ is RJ" doesn't cut it here.

I think the LaFontaine goal call was my personal fave

I think the LaFontaine goal call was my personal fave

Lalalala is his career's apotheosis.

And Falalalala? That was transcendent.

Also, who dropped portmanteau? Who was it? I wanna kiss that guy.

I've had three drinks.

I looked upthread. I signed on to kiss Assquatch?

I've had three drinks.

I don't know where you kiss an Assquatch but I wouldn't recommend the ass or the quatch.

I've had three drinks.

And if you don't know what a portmanteau is, his name is a portmanteau! And it turns into a coffee table!

I think that's it, it sounded like an accident the first time, and now it just sounds like he decided to roll with it, Zero ###### Given, right?

Why, oh why has none of the local media asked RJ about it? At least we'd get some closure.

I've had three drinks.

:wub:

I don't know where you kiss an Assquatch but I wouldn't recommend the ass or the quatch.

Right between them, baby.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.