Halloween Plans

WildCard

So, what are your Halloween plans this year? To be honest I'm not really a big fan of this holiday, but my friends really like it so I'll end up going out to the city for the night. Going as Fry from Futurama this year; the foolishness and appearance is close enough, plus it's cheap as hell to go as him

So, post/tell us your plans and what you're going as!

Heading up to Oswego to spend the weekend with my girlfriend.  She's going as Nancy Reagan.

That might be the most unique costume I've ever heard of. Usually girls are just a slutty version of something, I can't imagine a slutty version of Nancy Reagan  :lol:

Not young, and kids are too old to do the Halloween thing.  We're going to a party tomorrow night.  I'll be the Tom Petty version of The Mad Hatter.

Went to a Halloween store for the first time (ever) earlier this week to look for costume ideas.  Apparently there isn't a market for non sexified adult female costumes.   :doh: Heard by me over and over as the wife shopped, "I am NOT wearing that".  She ended up buying cat ears and tail set.  We get home and notice that the set comes with a collar that says "pussycat".  Cheez, they couldn't resist sexing that up too.  She's throwing that away.

Oh, and apparently there will NOT be any role play later that night.   :rolleyes:  :P

Edited by We've

I hand out candy to small children and seemingly lately, not so small children.

We probably see north of 200 kids in our hood.  We live on a oval that is 1 mile long.  As a result, it is not an uncommon site to see vans pull up and drop off a bunch of kids at a time.  They essentially enter and exit the hood at the same place allowing parents to drop and go.

The wife and I have had around 250 every halloween since we moved in here. Going on 5 years but its the old city quarter so its not surprising. This year we're taking a break, locking up and going out. No costumes for these cats though. Just wasn't feeling it this year.

We let our two year old decide this years costumes.  He's going as Dusty the airplane, his brother will be Lightening McQueen, my wife gets Sally and I'm Mater.  I'm too cheap/lazy to buy a second costume so even for our adult Halloween party on Friday, I will be dressed up as Mater.  Sigh.

RosePie is going as a panda, it's adorable. We're just walking acrosst the the street and hanging out the neighbors in the the driveway to give out candy.

We'll see at least 200, maybe 300 kids. I live in a newer neighborhood less than a mile uphill from downtown Coatesville, which is a small city with big city problems. We don't have much trouble since the cops roll through regularly and the 5-7PM window is still light out for the most part. Definitely get the drop-off effect up here though, although I suppose some of the more enterprising kids might be hiking up (it's a good 200-300 ft. elevation change, so good on them).

Having a gothy best friend is great this time of year. I had no idea what to do and she says, hey, I have horns, wanna borrow them? So I found some prosthetic ears, and I've got some realistic looking fangs, aaand I guess I'll pop on a corset, bunch of belts, skirt and boots and be a forest witch demon faun thing. 

Ears and horns sans any faun makeup. And I realize the scarf makes it very Mr. Tumnus from Lion Witch and Wardrobe. Alternative costume? 

XD3yNEL.jpg

Next year I am totally getting those black out sclera contacts that turn your whole eyeball black. Doesn't matter what I am, those'll make it cool. Didn't think trying those 2 weeks after Lasik was a smart idea... 

Black-Sclera.jpg

I'm in panic mode because I have no clue how many kids are going to come to our brand new neighborhood. I'll either run out of candy fast or have way too much left over. There is never middle ground on these things.

Just don't be the house that leaves a bowl on the porch and relies in the honor system, or the crazy house that gives kids apples

Edited by WildCard

Just don't be the house that leaves a bowl on the porch and relies in the honor system, or the crazy house that gives kids apples

Wait..

What?

I got an apple tree, actually three. I'm not suppose to hand them out? And I'm crazy?

No way I'm crazy.

I'm not the crazy one.

how dare them call me crazy

I'll show em crazy

I'll prove who's crazy and who isn't around here

crazy my azz

I'm in panic mode because I have no clue how many kids are going to come to our brand new neighborhood. I'll either run out of candy fast or have way too much left over. There is never middle ground on these things.

if yours is anything like my neighborhood you'll be swamped.  We even get gets by the mini van shipped in from surrounding neighborhoods. If you're left with a bunch you can always donate to the troops through one of the  local dentists who do a buyback program.

As for my plans...  I walk the kids around the neighborhood while my wife stays to hand out candy.  The first few stops close to my house are nice as my neighbors usually have an adult beverage for me.  Since it's a Saturday this year we will then head back to the house and let the neighborhood kids watch a Halloween movie outside at my man cave.

Edited by Claude_Verret

if yours is anything like my neighborhood you'll be swamped.  We even get gets by the mini van shipped in from surrounding neighborhoods.

If you're left with a bunch you can always donate to the troops through one of the  local dentists who do a buyback program.

We're brand new though with maybe 25 houses lived in.  Hopefully people see the construction and think it's not very lived in yet.  What could screw us though is that Holly Fest thing going on right next door.  That could draw in some early visitors.

if yours is anything like my neighborhood you'll be swamped.  We even get gets by the mini van shipped in from surrounding neighborhoods. If you're left with a bunch you can always donate to the troops through one of the  local dentists who do a buyback program.

As for my plans...  I walk the kids around the neighborhood while my wife stays to hand out candy.  The first few stops close to my house are nice as my neighbors usually have an adult beverage for me.  Since it's a Saturday this year we will then head back to the house and let the neighborhood kids watch a Halloween movie outside at my man cave.

I wish I lived in your neighborhood.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.