Halloween Plans

WildCard

What's the scariest movie you guys have ever seen? I need suggestions for tonight.

Two for your consideration.

A Japanese movie called "Audition", starts off very slow, the final third of the movie will keep you up at nights.

A French movie called "High Tension", starts off fast and keeps on going. Very disturbing at points.

You should be able to find one or both on Amazon or Netflix.  

Edited by DeLuca1967

I'm a sucker for John Carpenter's Halloween. Loved Rob Zombie's version, but there's just something about the original.

Full disclosure: I only like slasher films. Any other genre of horror is a guarantee for me not liking it. I hate the supernatural aspects of horror.

Edited by ubkev

I'm a sucker for John Carpenter's Halloween. Loved Rob Zombie's version, but there's just something about the original.

Full disclosure: I only like slasher films. Any other genre of horror is a guarantee for me not liking it. I hate the supernatural aspects of horror.

Love all the Rob Zombie movies, both Halloween I & II as well as House of a 1,000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects.  

Handing out candy at my parents house in NY. Kids are f'ing rude/have no proper Halloween etiquette!

30% or less say thank you. 2% of parents correct them.

The decline in manners will be the downfall of society.

So young to be so curmudgeon-y.   :P

Pfffft, a true curmudgeon wouldn't give out candy at all!

Paranormal Activity, Exorcist, Event Horizon

...but I'm a big puss

What's the scariest movie you guys have ever seen? I need suggestions for tonight.

Definitely watch Even Horizon, it's easily one of the best sci-fi horrors I've ever seen. Can't recommend it enough

Never a big slasher film guy. I am affected way more by movies that affect the mind. Just seeing someone's head get ripped off is...good special effects.

Agreed big time. Only two movies to cause me sleep trouble were It and Blair Witch Project. Ok, just a clown. But in Tonawanda having a basement and an attic  can drive your imagination through the roof when you're less than 10. Not afraid to admit it. Movies that leave you wondering, thinking, etc.... are for more scary than slash and gash. Kept thinking about the man standing in the corner before the camera drops and credits roll in Blair Witch Product. Very difficult sleeping that night. Movies that play w/ your mind are the scary ones. Slash and gash are for entertainment and that's about it. 

My girlfriend saw Ouija and came home from the theater all sketched out. She said the movie sucked but it was still freaky.

I had already hung my Ouija board on the back of our bedroom door about an hour before she got home......

That was a fun night.

I watched Jacob's Ladder. Not a horror movie... more of a pschological thriller, but there's some ###### up ######

Beautiful movie. Incredibly well shot.

Great call.

Scariest for me was Jaws (I was only 12). Sleepless for a week after that. The Exorcist is probably #2.

Edit - parents made me watch Wizard of Oz when I was like 4. I hate that movie to this day.

Edited by BagBoy

If we are talking scariest at the time we saw them, Alien wins hands down for me.  Saw it at the theater with my dad when I was 11.  I wanted out of that theater in the worst way.  Fun flick now, but 11 yr old me was scared shitless.

Edited by We've

Maybe one of the great things of childhood is being afraid. Today nothing phases me. But when I was a kid a few movies or stories made it very difficult to sleep. Kind of miss that. The adrenaline rush and anything else experienced are missed. Any one miss days or nights like that?

Edited by Thanes16

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.