GDT: Buffalo @ Philadelphia, 7:00 pm edt, 10/27/2015

WildCard

Well, Briere had some great years as a Sabre.  I think he'd probably prefer it this way.

Speaking of Briere:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37h7GYSAupg

Now that was an all-time RJ moment.

Heh, at 1:13, who is #15 that year, he gets a plus 1 (I think) being 10 ft onto the ice for the goal.

I'm just happy to have the colour guys actually calling the game. I'll throw on a Red Wings feed when I'm driving sometimes and it's just two bro heads discussing each other's ties and wives and life in general and oh, there's a goal! If I want to listen to a podcast about personalities and sometimes hockey, I'll sync up some MvsW. Call the damn game! 

Oh, dear Lord. This.

There are even solid broadcast talents on NBC who fall into the same nonsense. I know Emrick is not everyone's cup of tea, but he's a capable PBP guy, and yet he lapses into narrative nonsense all the time (at the insistence of his producers, I trust).

Batman - speaking of the Flyboys

:w00t:

Oh, dear Lord. This.

There are even solid broadcast talents on NBC who fall into the same nonsense. I know Emrick is not everyone's cup of tea, but he's a capable PBP guy, and yet he lapses into narrative nonsense all the time (at the insistence of his producers, I trust).

...and then there's Pierre McGuire....

I like our broadcast other than the fact that they regularly miss faceoffs in favor of a replay.

It seems like we miss at least half of the faceoffs, it's kind of ridiculous.

This is my favorite Briere memory:

I was convinced this night that we were winning the cup.

...and then there's Pierre McGuire....

I love this video.

We're definitely not getting any love from the media; it sounds like they have us positioned  as a tank team already.

There's a difference between being bad by design and being bad in a natural fashion..

I don't know how these odds are determined, but:

https://twitter.com/DTMAboutHeart/status/659015366723547136/photo/1

(That's not bad news)

It seems like we miss at least half of the faceoffs, it's kind of ridiculous.

This is my favorite Briere memory:

I was convinced this night that we were winning the cup.

I love this video.

Had to watch that game in Biloxi, Mississippi. Certainly not a hockey market. Caught the game at a sports bar. When Briere scored I went beyond nuts. Entire place looked at me as if I was on crack. That goal is also my favorite Briere memory. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.