GDT: Buffalo @ Florida, 7:30 pm edt, 10/15/2105

WildCard

I am coming around to TB thinking.  I cannot stand Kane and Eichel playing together.  Kane is the biggest puck hog I've ever seen.  He's got the skills to pull it off but I'd rather he be doing it on a line sans Eichel.  Something is just not clicking between those guys and it's likely because they play similar styles.  Disco seems to be mixing up everybody and their grandmother on lines but has those two stapled together.  Let's just give it a try there Dan!

(my evolving theory) I really don't think Kane is a puck hog as much as a guy that doesn't have the vision to match his skating, and shooting. He's a great athlete, but he misses some easy plays that develop at times because he simply doesn't see them. He should keep shooting and banging though. 

I'm hoping with time, he'll get a sense of his teammates and Bylsma's system. I really like what he brings. 

(okay, I hate that he's missed two tap-ins, but he has an extraordinary skill set even without the vision.) 

Edited by X. Benedict

(my evolving theory) I really don't think Kane is a puck hog as much as a guy that doesn't have the vision to match his skating, and shooting. He's a great athlete, but he misses some easy plays that develop at times because he simply doesn't see them. He should keep shooting and banging though. 

I'm hoping with time, he'll get a sense of his teammates and Bylsma's system. I really like what he brings. 

(okay, I hate that he's missed two tap-ins, but he has an extraordinary skill set even without the vision.) 

Matt Moulson weeps from the bench,

If a few of his shots would go in everything else would be no problem

I can agree with this.  But that's part of the reason I don't want him playing with our Phenom who has unreal hockey IQ.  I love Kane's skill, I'm not saying I want him off the team, but I don't want Jack playing with him.

I can agree with this.  But that's part of the reason I don't want him playing with our Phenom who has unreal hockey IQ.  I love Kane's skill, I'm not saying I want him off the team, but I don't want Jack playing with him.

It's been said a lot, but I think the main issue is that both Kane and Eichel like to carry the puck. It's why I think Reinhart and Kane are the perfect match. Reinhart has amazing hockey IQ just like Eichel, but he doesn't need to be carrying the puck all the time, which makes him a good fit with Kane. Reinhart can find the open areas, and Kane can lug it.

It's been said a lot, but I think the main issue is that both Kane and Eichel like to carry the puck. It's why I think Reinhart and Kane are the perfect match. Reinhart has amazing hockey IQ just like Eichel, but he doesn't need to be carrying the puck all the time, which makes him a good fit with Kane. Reinhart can find the open areas, and Kane can lug it.

I would like to see that.  Unfortunately it may take a top 6 injury for that to come into play but Reinhart impressed me last night.  I'm seeing him with a bit more confidence and holding the puck a little bit longer.  As liger points out, I think he will be fine and would love to see him get a few shifts with some skill.

Comparing DBs system to Nolan's is like comparing the intellect of Stephen Hawking to Donald Trump. Not even the same species. It's a ridiculous upgrade. Having 5 good to great caliber forwards added is nothing to sneeze at. They kept their 7 best forwards from last year and added 5 better ones.

Great, another "Teddy is dumb" post. I'm not going to bring up what the core of this opinion seems to be all about.

I noticed Reinhart get flattened by a defenseman in front of the Florida net after a whistle. I know he got bigger and stronger and all that, but has he learned how to use his body yet to protect himself. And does he have the awareness yet at this level to know you can't let your guard down in a situation like that? I mean, he went down like a stack of wet dishes.

I noticed Reinhart get flattened by a defenseman in front of the Florida net after a whistle. I know he got bigger and stronger and all that, but has he learned how to use his body yet to protect himself. And does he have the awareness yet at this level to know you can't let your guard down in a situation like that? I mean, he went down like a stack of wet dishes.

Yeah, I noticed that too.  I didn't see it as negatively as you did; it seemed like he was holding his own up until the whistle and wasn't sure whether he might have allowed himself to get pushed over to try to draw a penalty.  (That was my impression.)

Great, another "Teddy is dumb" post. I'm not going to bring up what the core of this opinion seems to be all about.

Oh my god, MORE  Reinhart fell down posts?  It's hockey.  You go to the net and get pushed.  And someitmes, you fall over.

Yeah, I noticed that too.  I didn't see it as negatively as you did; it seemed like he was holding his own up until the whistle and wasn't sure whether he might have allowed himself to get pushed over to try to draw a penalty.  (That was my impression.)

The play was over and I don't think Reinhart was expecting it. It was just a little reminder to a rookie to stay away from their goaltender. He held his own until the whistle blew. They replayed it a couple of times at the arena.

What does this mean?  Are you accusing TN's critics of racism?

Reynold's is on sale at Tops this week.

:w00t:

An homage to an homage.

Oh my god, MORE  Reinhart fell down posts?  It's hockey.  You go to the net and get pushed.  And someitmes, you fall over.

No, sometimes YOU fall over.

I am coming around to TB thinking.  I cannot stand Kane and Eichel playing together.  Kane is the biggest puck hog I've ever seen.  He's got the skills to pull it off but I'd rather he be doing it on a line sans Eichel.  Something is just not clicking between those guys and it's likely because they play similar styles.  Disco seems to be mixing up everybody and their grandmother on lines but has those two stapled together.  Let's just give it a try there Dan!

It looks like Bylsma's strategy is to play his two best offensive talents (Eichel and Ennis) and with his two best all-around players (O'Reilly and Kane) and lean on those pairs. Could they go Kane Ennis and O'Reilly Eichel? I can see why he is giving the current situation time to play out.

I think Ennis has been toppled more than Reinhart this year, but the narrative isn't going to go away until he starts producing.

I can't recall Jack tipping.

The play was over and I don't think Reinhart was expecting it. It was just a little reminder to a rookie to stay away from their goaltender. He held his own until the whistle blew. They replayed it a couple of times at the arena.

As an aside, was it hot in the building last night?  I saw multiple player visors fogging up and the puck took some strange hops and stops.

As an aside, was it hot in the building last night?  I saw multiple player visors fogging up and the puck took some strange hops and stops.

It was in the 80s... not bad, but the humidity was around 70%.

Yeah, it was probably the humidity it's been pretty high lately. It was cool inside, I wore a heavy jersey, undershirt and jeans and wasn't warm at all. It's tough for the first month or two of the season to handle the humidity after they open the doors.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.