New year, tons of firepower, still cant score.

matter2003

So, are you now of the belief that this team has room for both O'Reilly and Girgensons? :nana:

I'm just funnin, of course, but you had to know it was coming eventually :P

And I think we are seeing just how different those two guys are. 

History says he'll come back to earth but i'll enjoy the flight while we are on it

He is getting so much PPT that I am not sure how much his stats will drop. His goals should but he might drop a decent season.

To the original post: The NHL is currently on pace to set a record for lowest number of goals per game.

They've gotta get this fixed. Or at least tweaked.

Shave the goalie pads and actually call hooking.

I certainly wouldn't make nets bigger however. 

I don't like the idea of bigger nets but I love the idea of reduced goalie pads. They also need to call interference. The NYI game was endemic of refs the last few years. Blatant obstructions, trippings, holding the sticks and 0 calls. That was just bull.

Edited by LGR4GM

He is getting so much PPT that I am not sure how much his stats will drop. His goals should but he might drop a decent season.

I don't like the idea of bigger nets but I love the idea of reduced goalie pads. They also need to call interference. The NYI game was endemic of refs the last few years. Blatant obstructions, trippings, holding the sticks and 0 calls. That was just bull.

At least they called it (or didn't call it) evenly. We did every bit as much of all those things as they did. I actually like the way the refs are calling games this year.

At least they called it (or didn't call it) evenly. We did every bit as much of all those things as they did. I actually like the way the refs are calling games this year.

Disagree on both counts.  They were mugging us a lot more than we mugged them.  And I hate the games the refs are calling this year.

Disagree on both counts.  They were mugging us a lot more than we mugged them.  And I hate the games the refs are calling this year.

I think you saw what you wanted to see cuz that's just not true. Right after everyone was b!tchin about Moulson getting taken down, one of our guys(I can't remember who) blatantly took someone down and there wasn't a word from anyone here about it. Eichel was all over guys in front of the net and Coliolioxenfree gave an elbow to the head of a guy entering the zone. It was pretty even.

I think you saw what you wanted to see cuz that's just not true. Right after everyone was b!tchin about Moulson getting taken down, one of our guys(I can't remember who) blatantly took someone down and there wasn't a word from anyone here about it. Eichel was all over guys in front of the net and Coliolioxenfree gave an elbow to the head of a guy entering the zone. It was pretty even.

I eagerly await Freeman's snarky Bills-related comment in response :p

Shave the goalie pads and actually call hooking.

I certainly wouldn't make nets bigger however. 

Won't that mess up all the nutscaping photos?

Oh... pads.

To the original post: The NHL is currently on pace to set a record for lowest number of goals per game.

They've gotta get this fixed. Or at least tweaked.

All time record? I didn't realize it was this bad.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.