New year, tons of firepower, still cant score.

matter2003

Are you going to be more injured driving into a brick wall at 15 mph or at 45 mph?

You seriously think letting the Milburys of this world slow the game down a bit w/ interference is similar to reducing collision speeds 3 fold? Not a ####ing chance that's accurate, but that's the proposition the Neanderthals like Milbury sell.

They also try to tell you most of the injuries are the result of forecheckers not being slowed by the D-man's partner. Seriously? Who buys this ####?

You seriously think letting the Milburys of this world slow the game down a bit w/ interference is similar to reducing collision speeds 3 fold? Not a ####ing chance that's accurate, but that's the proposition the Neanderthals like Milbury sell.

They also try to tell you most of the injuries are the result of forecheckers not being slowed by the D-man's partner. Seriously? Who buys this ####?

What does Milbury have to do with this?

The force of a collision is a result of both players momentum. The more speed, the more momentum.

Paging I Know Physics to the red phone please.

The force of a collision is a result of both players momentum. The more speed, the more momentum.

Actually, the force of a collision is the proportional to the square of the speed.  So it's even worse than you think.

(I'm not I Know Physics, but I do happen to be a mechanical engineer.)

The hits are less likely to be direct if the puck carrier is moving faster. And this pretty much only affects open ice hits. Edited by qwksndmonster

Considering the gorillas that made a living in their careers causing concussions while not being able to skate are the ones leading the charge to slow the game, I really doubt it.

Do you want to name names? I'm just curious. I assume Coli Campbell is still working for the league.

The hits are less likely to be direct if the puck carrier is moving faster. And this pretty much only affects open ice hits.

Chris Drury, Marc Savard and a whole host of others think differently.

"Less likely" doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

F=MA. No one denies that. But as you point out, backing off on calling interferences, which had begun occurring by the time Drury got destroyed and was still ongoing when Savard got destroyed had nothing to do w/ either of those hits. It's the culture of allowing the borderline players to get an edge by allowing them to slow down their opponents that allows the idiots like McSorley and Bertuzzi to stay in the game and nearly kill their opponents.

Anything they do to allow guys w/out skill to stay in the league lowers the quality of play and increases the # of brutal hits that do get people injured.

Other sports have double-standards that benefit their stars. The NHL goes the other direction and does what it can to keep guys that can't skate employed.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if I want this team to win more games or be close to the bottom. I want to make the playoffs but part of me wants one more solid year of a top 5 pick. Just look at Edmonton right now they could be possibly in for another top pick if McDavid is out for a long time. I'm alittle disappointed in Kane as he has what a big one goal. It seems like these line combos just ain't working well.

I'm not sure if I want this team to win more games or be close to the bottom. I want to make the playoffs but part of me wants one more solid year of a top 5 pick. Just look at Edmonton right now they could be possibly in for another top pick if McDavid is out for a long time. I'm alittle disappointed in Kane as he has what a big one goal. It seems like these line combos just ain't working well.

They are missing point blank chances LAST year's team would have scored on

They are missing point blank chances LAST year's team would have scored on

You either have finishers or you don't. I can set up numerous players in my rec league but I know what players can finish better than others and maybe it's the same for Buffalo that we have a lot of players that take a lot of shots but have few goals.

Not sure who or what is to blame, but our veterans are underachieving almost across the board.

After a quarter-season, check out what their goal pace is per 82 games over the past four years compared to this year:

Kane 28, on pace for 7

Moulson 25, on pace for 16

Ennis 21, on pace for 13

O'Reilly 21, on pace for 27

McGinn 20, on pace for 12

Gionta 19, on pace for 5

Legwand 15, on pace for 5

Foligno 11, on pace for 4

Zemgus and Larsson are still puppies without real track records, but last year they were at 20 and 12 goal paces respectively.

This year its 5 and 0

After O'Reilly, Deslauriers is the only guy on the team showing improvement, up from five to 12.

Sam is at a 16 goal pace and Jack at 23

Edited by dudacek

Must be multiple threads.. so I am going to copy something I posted elsewhere 2 days ago.

We're all over the Sabres lack of scoring.

The top 17 in GA in the NHL include:

Canadiens, Predators (6), Sharks (9), Islanders (10), Lightning (8), Stars (11), Blues (15), Panthers (14), Senators (16), Devils (5), Penguins (4) (with the Sabres at 17)

The Sabres have played: 

Senators - 1

Lightning - 4

Panthers -2 

Canadiens - 1

Devils - 1

Penguins - 1

Islanders - 1

Stars - 2

Blues - 1

So, 14 of their 20 games have been against teams near the top 50% of the league in GA.   3 of their next 4 are against teams in the top 50% (Blues, Preds x 2)

When they are done with November they will have played 17 of 24 games against teams that give up less goals per game than the Sabres.  

I'm not ready to blow anything up yet.

Is this one of those chicken or egg things?

I don't see it that way.  They have been playing the majority of their games against teams that don't give up many goals.  When they have scored more than 2 goals in a game they played: CBJ, NJD, PHI, PIT, PHI, VAN, FLA.

Let's see how their scoring looks when they begin playing the teams that are in the bottom 50% for goals allowed.

After 20 games, here's how the Sabres' 2015-16 season compares to the Chicago Blackhawks' 2007-08 season;  their first season after their tank and rebuild;  

Buffalo -  8-12

Chicago -  11-8-1

So Chicago was 1 game ahead of .500, the Sabres are now 2 games behind .500.    The last few games the Sabres have really sagged.      

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.