GDT: Leafs at Sabres, 9/29/2015, 7:00 pm

nfreeman

I don't think the playoffs are out of the question. Murray will address defense and goaltending if need be and this team has a ton of new faces that can actually contribute. I like what I've seen in preseason. I can't wait for the season to start. Plus we actually have excellent coaches in Buffalo and Rochester.

I never meant to imply otherwise--I just don't see it as likely with the uncertainty around the defense and goaltending. 

Why trade for him though when you can just pick him up in the offseason, for less than his $8 million cap hit too no less?

My good sir, he's under contract through 2021. Unless you are suggesting he will be bought out, I must say between this and your apostrophe bastardization, your board performance is leaving a bit to be desired :p

Hope the rebroadcast tomorrow (only 1 hour long? How the #### do you condense 2:40 of action down to 1:00?) shows enough that I get to see stuff like that.

8 days to the opener. Not sure if I'll be there w/ my dad or my kid, but there will be 2 generations of T's in the 300's. Can't forkin' wait.

Lucky you we moved away from Buffalo in 89 and I have followed them religiously since we moved. I follow all the games on directv and listen still on wgr. The last two years was absolutely brutal to watch but it was all worth it. This team is going to be exciting to watch and I think this team can make the playoffs this year. It looks like we have 4 solid lines. Plus with Bailey, Bapiste, Rodrigues, Fasching coming up still this is going to be a great team for a long time.

My good sir, he's under contract through 2021. Unless you are suggesting he will be bought out, I must say between this and your apostrophe bastardization, your board performance is leaving a bit to be desired :p

I always struggle when reading nhlnumbers, I miss capgeek :( Edited by WildCard

Use Generalfanager. It doesn't have all of the functionality of Capgeek (and I'm not as confident in the NTC stuff) but it's very readable.

Gonna have to check that out. I'm looking forward to the midseasin player/contract debates again. The tank is over and I'm ready to discuss trades and player value again. (well almost ready, it is still the preseason)

There is some hour long "replay" on the NHL network tomorrow. No idea what that entails.

Game broadcast condensed into one hour. You get all the goals and a good portion of play, but not all 60 minutes. Think "very extended highlights ".

Edited by N'eo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siBppK2D1tU

Damn that doesn't look to good.  Hope he is alright.   Really see his neck snap back.

Also Phaneuf lifts his skates off the ice, isn't this usually something that should be reviewed.

If he didn't jump and kept his skates on the ice there wouldn't be any contact to the head. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siBppK2D1tU

Damn that doesn't look to good.  Hope he is alright.   Really see his neck snap back.

Also Phaneuf lifts his skates off the ice, isn't this usually something that should be reviewed.

If he didn't jump and kept his skates on the ice there wouldn't be any contact to the head. 

I don't think this even gets reviewed. The Godhead is now in Toronto: Shanny, Lou, and Babs. 

Woke up thinking about Babcock. This will be the longest year of his life. The Buffalo job was his if he had wanted it.

When it all went down I didn't think I was going to be bitter at all. After all, who am I to hate on a guy just because he made a move to make him (see: his wife) happy? But I'm not going to lie, the thought of kicking his teeth in for the foreseeable future with Eichel leading the charge is supremely satisfying.

Regarding Babcock, I don't see any reason to take pleasure in his unhappiness -- unless he really did jerk the Sabres around, which may have been the case.

n,

You are overlooking the elephant in the room: he is the Loafs' head coach. That alone is reason to bask in his misery. Had he gone to any of about 26 other teams, could probably agree w/ you, but he didn't. He went to the team that somehow forgets that 1967 was even further back than 1970 but yet still believes that it is and has been the premier NHL franchise for that entire time.

That franchise has broken better men than him. Will he be the one to finally tame it? Maybe. Hope not. But either way, until he does (IF he does) turn that team around, let's enjoy his misery. To paraphrase: "He knew what he was going into when he bought that ticket; I say let it crash." ;)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.