Kim Pegula and Buffalo Sabres new goal song

LGR4GM

For me, Shout isn't tied to 1959 or 1987 so much as it's tied to 1978.

Anyhoo. It's interesting to reflect on how "Shout" became entrenched because of its timing. The Bills were just about to get really, really good. Without that success, we would not now the Shout tradition.

I know. I was just pointing out that it wasn't a marketing jingle. It was an original song with the words rewritten.

...into a marketing jingle.  I forget exactly where, but Marine Midland's (I think) tagline from that time is buried in there.  It was most definitely rewritten to be a promotional jingle.

Anyhoo. It's interesting to reflect on how "Shout" became entrenched because of its timing. The Bills were just about to get really, really good. Without that success, we would not now the Shout tradition.

Happily I can say that my time in college and this movie are forever blurred together. I can't tell movie from reality till I meet old friends. Good times by all.

Edited by Woods-Racer

:)  Been a while since I've seen that. Thanks man!  :beer:

Belushi. What a loss.

My vote to replace Sweet Caroline as the victory song.......  just the last 30 seconds  

Ill be pizzin on your grave when you're long gone children

long gone...

And I do remember when the Goos weren't a chick band... back in the day at the Continental.

The Continental! 1981 to 1983 ish, for me.

My vote to replace Sweet Caroline as the victory song.......  just the last 30 seconds  

Ill be pizzin on your grave when you're long gone children

long gone...

And I do remember when the Goos weren't a chick band... back in the day at the Continental.

Better Days to the Goos is what St. Anger is to Metallica is what the Turdburger is to Ted Black is what Black Sunday is to Tom Golisano. Bury em all extra deep.

Not sure how but I was oblivious to the "Better Days" affiliation with the Sabres. I guess I didn't go to enough games from 2005-2010? I hated the 2006-2008 Sabres so if the goo goo dolls are too closely associated with that era then so be it.

Gotcha.

Wow, this discussion reminds me that there's a huge difference between 05-06 and 06-07. You merge them at your peril. By the time the regular season ended in 06, and especially after they got rid of the Flyers, I was near-convinced that was the year. The next season, even with the fool's gold of comeback wins and a Presidents' Trophy, I never really bought in. Who could have been thinking Cup after their performance against the Isles in the first round?

Edited by pASabreFan

Wow, this discussion reminds me that there's a huge difference between 05-06 and 06-07. You merge them at your peril. By the time the regular season ended in 06, and especially after they got rid of the Flyers, I was near-convinced that was the year. The next season, even with the fool's gold of comeback wins and a Presidents' Trophy, I never really bought in. Who could have been thinking Cup after their performance against the Isles in the first round?

I assume 06-07 was the beginning of the two factions here on Sabrespace.  I know I was down on the team's outlook by then.  The mix wasn't right.

I've seen it reported(ish) in several spots that "Let Me Clear My Throat" was a submission from the players.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/buffalo-sabres--make--let-me-clear-my-throat--your-goal-song-151541618.html

I'm actually good with both choices, and, given that, would go with a song that the players wanted over one that Jeremy White has pushed.

I've seen it reported(ish) in several spots that "Let Me Clear My Throat" was a submission from the players.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/buffalo-sabres--make--let-me-clear-my-throat--your-goal-song-151541618.html

I'm actually good with both choices, and, given that, would go with a song that the players wanted over one that Jeremy White has pushed.

I've come around on Let Me Clear My Throat and I now prefer it.

I've come around on Let Me Clear My Throat and I now prefer it.

It's hard to beat, really.

White has basically acknowledged it's a push between the two. He also suggested - aptly, I think - that the organ Let's Go Buffalo could come in at the end of the goal son clip. It'd be worth a try, anyway.

For crying out loud, the survey itself states/indicates that the Clear My Throat side of the bracket came from the players (or FO?).

To up the stakes, one half of the bracket represents songs chosen by Entercom radio stations (Kiss 98.5, Alternative Buffalo, WGR 550, Star 102.5). The other half by Sabres players and front office. Someone is leaving this challenge with bragging rights.

I'd actually like to know, for a fact, whether a group of players advocated for Throat. If it came, say, from one of the Pegula kids, I'd like it a whole lot less. (Nothing against them.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.