Patrick Kane: [Updated] D.A. Decides Not to Prosecute; NHL Determines Claims "Unfounded"

That Aud Smell

This is the type of socio-political bullying that is getting so damn old.  A straw man is built up from a statement, and if you don't agree that the straw-man exists, you're a monster.

Sort of :

if (!$strawman || $strawman == false) {$poster = "monster"};
It's like the "wow, just wow" response where you are supposed to feel demoralized in some way because your thinking doesn't match that of the other(s).  You're supposed to make that connection, and if you don't, you're a monster. 

if (!agreement() || agreement() == false) {$poster = "monster"};

Clearly, you just need to make sure strawman = 4 and you're set.

How do y'all think about Tinder ? Tinder is all part of the evolving relationship sexually between men and women and I have to say the womens profiles on Tinder are just as brash, in some ways twisted, bawdy, dark and upfront sexually as the mens. What does that say about todays women and specifically what part do they play in mens attitudes towards them considering the honesty of their desires in the profile section ? The ladies seem to leave themselves wide open.  

I don't understand what you mean.

(if strawman == 4) then (posterWhoShoutsTheLoudest == true). Did I get that right?

Close, == is comparison, not assignment. I think you meant posterWhoShoutsTheLoudest = true to assign true to that variable. Unfortunately, that will throw an exception and crash since posterWhoShoutsTheLoudest can never equal true.

Close, == is comparison, not assignment. I think you meant posterWhoShoutsTheLoudest = true to assign true to that variable. Unfortunately, that will throw an exception and crash since posterWhoShoutsTheLoudest can never equal true.

Cannot believe I ###### that up and I'm entering my senior year doing this stuff  :bag:

I'm gonna throw the exception before the boolean expression considering there will always be posterWhoShoutsTheLoudest   :lol: 

Edited by WildCard

So there should be an expectation of sexual contact just because somebody attends a rave? Okay.

THAT'S the BS that leads people to believe in rape culture. There is no situation in which sexual contact should be expected aside from a situation set up exclusively for that (as in "hey, want to go to my place and have sex?" "Yes, let's go).

There shouldn't even be an expectation of sexual contact with an individual attending an 0rgy. What if they just want to watch? Unless somebody gives you permission or there's a mutual initiation then just don't do it.

The gay bar example is completely different. I was at a gay bar last weekend because it was a friend's birthday and she felt like going. I got hit on as well. I just kept moving along. If somebody would've attempted physical contact without my asking then it's different. They're not the same.

An expectation of sexual contact?  I wouldn't say that.  I am saying one should not be surprised if it happens in a situation like a rave.  I should not have said "be offended if offered pot at a Dead concert".  I should have said, "not be surprised when it happens".

Your commentary about an no expectation of sexual contact at an is very off however.

What you arguing, at this point, is where is the line that allows for sexual contact.  The argument really has to be around rejecting sexual contact when it occurs and the ignoring of that rejection by a person that is the line.  Why?

Case in point.. you are out to dinner and you drive a woman back to her place.  You reach over and kiss her.  You have just made sexual contact.  In your scenario this should be considered a problem because you did not first ask "hey, want to go have sex?"  

Carrying this concept further, let's assume you never ask her if she wants to have sex, but she doesn't reject your kiss.  If you continue progression through any number of sexual contact situations that lead up to intercourse you will likely never ask the question.  You will be working on implied consent until she says otherwise. However, again, in your scenario none of this should happen.  I'm not trying to be flippant here, but the response I usually get from my wife if I just say "Hey, do you want to have sex?" is "Nice. That's romantic. Umm no."  In other words, I can't just ask... I have to find out if the scenario is right and that requires some level of sexual contact.

So, if you walk into an , you can reject contact when it happens. You can make it known you are not there to participate ahead of time.  However, until you do, there's going to be a good chance you will be put in a sexual situation.

Let me take this back to the rave scenario.  Two people are dancing, one believes that the motion of the other suggests that a closer kind of dance is acceptable. The person engages in the grind dance you refer to.  I don't think anyone is going to be able to press charges on this scenario.  Now, telling the person to get away and having that request ignored would be where the line is crossed.

Everyone's line is going to be different, but I don't think the base line can be where you are heading in your commentary.  I do think we can sit here and go back and forth on what the line is and I would agree that it's blurry.  The situation really has to define what was warranted.

(Not quoting LTS because that was long)

Good post. I don't disagree with just about anything you're saying, although I think we can both agree a kiss is different than shoving your genitals on somebody else.

There's a reason genitals are referred to as "private parts" and lips aren't. You shouldn't just go around kissing people, but it's absolutely part of dating if not explicitly said otherwise. And most of the time there will be obvious moves to say yes or no. If a woman or man says no to the kiss then fine, don't be a jerk in response.

But if a man or woman attempts to rub genitals then there's absolutely a line crossed. That's not to say you need to scream "HEY WANNA GRIND!?" But when the woman isn't even aware of your existence and/or hasn't had any eye contact or contact otherwise with you then you don't proceed to go for it. That's what I'm getting at.

However, the original point was his response to her. If he would've been like "my bad" then whatever. But the name-calling and acting like anything she did was whorish and wrong is the type of culture women face for not covering every inch of skin other than their arms and face. And it's not just a rave thing.

This seems pertinent to this thread. 

http://www.buzzfeed.com/maryanngeorgantopoulos/alleged-new-hampshire-prep-school-rape-victim-testifies#.kjoAk4EDz

"She graphically described how their sexual encounter quickly escalated. She let him take her shirt off, she said, because she didn’t want to offend him. The girl began crying when she described how Labrie allegedly ripped her bra off. She said Labrie tried removing her underwear and that she said “no” while trying to be as polite as possible. The girl was worried about causing conflict and did not want to come off as “bitchy.”

“I didn’t know how to deal with it because I’ve never been in a situation like this,” she testified in court, while crying. “I’d never been touched in that way.”

I don't have much to offer this thread, but I've been keeping up on it as time allows, and I wanted to echo others in thanking Jo, sick, X, etc. for sharing their personal experiences with all of us. And sick: I'm so sorry you've had to carry that burden for so long.

I don't have much to offer this thread, but I've been keeping up on it as time allows, and I wanted to echo others in thanking Jo, sick, X, etc. for sharing their personal experiences with all of us. And sick: I'm so sorry you've had to carry that burden for so long.

Again I want to thank you all for your support. Last night i laid in bed and wondered if i should have put my personal history out there like I did but when i saw that X and Hank also posted their experiences i was glad i did.

I don't know about you guys but I am REALLY ready for some hockey talk. :)

And here I thought he was using some crazy slang for gay bars that I have never heard before.

Speaking of this whole rape subject, the avalanche of prison rape jokes directed at Jared from Subway right now is more than a bit disturbing.  Yes he's scum, but people seem to get a little too much joy out of that thought.

Yup, and women need to know that they have the power to say no.

Five dollar footlong

Are you implying that women are not intelligent enough to understand they have the ability to say no? Surely that's not your intention?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.