Sabres Development Camp

Hoss

I'm planning to head down with a few co-workers for todays 1pm practice. We will see how everything looks and report back

I'm here. I'll give the play by play. Just kidding.

If you're looking for me I'm sitting in the row behind Brian Duff (behind the bench on one of the blue lines).

Notes/highlights for those of us not going would be greatly appreciated if possible

Eichel's first shot with a goalie in net was a quick wrister over the blocker side shoulder.

Everything looks effortless for him out there. Others you can tell are really digging in, but it's all smooth for Jack.

Stephens has fallen down twice. Looks like he's still adjusting to the ice.

Edited by Hoss

How's Samson?

Not out there yet. Only Group 1 out there.

On Guhle - haven't even noticed him yet. Estephan broke a stick.

Of the defense - Florentino looks VERY smooth. I am thoroughly enjoying watching him go through drills.

They've got a 78 - Josh Chapman of Sarnia who is really really working it but skating backwards is a real struggle for him.

Edited by Hoss

So they do it a bit different now and don't bring all the ELC guys anymore, huh?  I guess Ristolainen and Zemgus won't have to go the Ennis route and have to go to about 85 of these camps over the course of their careers.

Yeah it appears to be only the guys who have yet to play in the NHL. The first group (1pm-2pm) seemed to be the younger guys with most of the newly drafted guys. The second group (coming on now) look to be the second year/rochester guys like Reinhart, McCabe etc.

Eichel's first shot with a goalie in net was a quick wrister over the blocker side shoulder.

Everything looks effortless for him out there. Others you can tell are really digging in, but it's all smooth for Jack.

Stephens has fallen down twice. Looks like he's still adjusting to the ice.

Eichel's passing was another thing for me, he one touched basically every pass and had a few nice backhand saucers that really stood out. The first shot was a showcase of his skill but he probably skated at half speed just so the rest of the guys could keep up.

Buffalo Sabres@BuffaloSabres 2m2 minutes ago

Reinhart says he'd be happy to play center or wing: "I'm prepared for whatever's thrown at me & I'm ready for the challenge." #SabresDevCamp

John Vogl@BuffNewsVogl 21s21 seconds ago

Sam Reinhart and Jack Eichel are roommates during Sabres development camp.

Imagine what this board would have been like at the beginning of the 2013-14 season had we read this tweet from the future. *drools

Im interested in Sean Malone, he is one of our prospects i think can make the team in a few years.

Just remember that he will finish his full four years at Harvard.  Short of the very rare occasion, you don't pay to go to school there and not see it through.

I will provide the odd observations(not all on ice)...

- The entire 100 level was open with the exception of center ice section behind penalty box for sabres staff.

- Passed Bylsma before scrimmage started. Had a big smile on his face.

- Eichel is smooth(big surprise there).

- Hurley who was not at rookie camp last season, was listed as part of second group, but I didn't see him(I only stayed for about 30 min of second group)

- I noticed Estefan make a couple of great shots and equally bad efforts. LOL

- I know this is an awful thing to say, but when watching Fasching, all I think about is Taylor Pyatt. Sorry.

- Got wanded by security prior to being admitted. Seriously? For a rookie practice. PS Their wands suck. I had keys, coins and my phone in my pocket and no alarm.

- Had to be 20-25 staff in Sabres section. The only guys I could pick out from across the ice were Bylsma and Murray.

- 25% off a lot of Sabres gear...hats, tshirts, etc...

- Might go tomorrow or Wednesday. Can't make scrimmage or 3 on 3, so this will be my fix until September.

Edited by LabattBlue

Just remember that he will finish his full four years at Harvard.  Short of the very rare occasion, you don't pay to go to school there and not see it through.

You also don't pay to go to school there, by and large.

- Got wanded by security prior to being admitted. Seriously? For a rookie practice. PS Their wands suck. I had keys, coins and my phone in my pocket and no alarm.

Those wands ain't looking for spare change, they're they're to ensure no nutjobs bring in any guns into the arena. Could you imagine Eichel being assassinated during the prospect camp by some crazed self proclaimed #1 McDavid fanboy? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.