Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

2nd in points and goals at 19 with ###### lines and he doesn't get mentioned. What a ###### joke

I'm kinda hoping for it. Snub this dude right to greatness. He absolutely will take this right to heart and will go nuts next season to prove all the booger eaters wrong.

I'm kinda hoping for it. Snub this dude right to greatness. He absolutely will take this right to heart and will go nuts next season to prove all the booger eaters wrong.

Yup. Kind of like how Sam Reinhart has been working so hard since being sent to juniors and over shadowed by Jack. Snub Jack and lets see how he responds.

He's shown flashes of this attitude in games and I totally expect his response to a Calder snub to be borderline epic.

Short version was he had panelists vote and Panarin, McDavid and Gothiesbere were the choices but Panelists could write in whoever they wanted. One panelist wrote in Larkin but Eichel was not even mentioned. General consensus was Panarin is eligible and has been the best "rookie".

Personally I think after this year they need to change the Rookie Rule to if you have played 4 years in a professional league or are over the age of 23 you can't be a calder nominee.

And if anybody else ends up top 3 it will be shocking. I could see Panarin & McClavicle (props to whichever one of you guys came up w/ that (WC?)) stealing votes from each other allowing the Phlyer to come away w/ it. Though if I had to have money on it, I'd guess Kane's linemate wins (& I don't mean Reinhart). ;)

And if anybody else ends up top 3 it will be shocking. I could see Panarin & McClavicle (props to whichever one of you guys came up w/ that (WC?)) stealing votes from each other allowing the Phlyer to come away w/ it. Though if I had to have money on it, I'd guess Kane's linemate wins (& I don't mean Reinhart). ;)

I bore McClavicle from my crepey, sagging loins, but another named Him, as was prophesied.

Same thing happened today while listening to am 1040 out of Vancouver. Bro Jake and Dave Pratt were throwing names around for the Calder and went through the list of the usual suspects that were mentioned above and Eichs name never even came up. He isn't even in the conversation. I was dumbfounded that he isn't mentioned. Is it a Buffalo thing ? Why do people not take notice of this kid ? I don't understand it but it is what it is. Second in points and goals and they spent more time talking about McDavids abreviated season and whether he should get it or not.

I bore McClavicle from my crepey, sagging loins, but another named Him, as was prophesied.

Why are there crepes on your loins?

Taro wants to know: are they sweet or savoury?

Objectively, Eichel probably should finish fourth.

Panarin has dominated stats-wise, McDavid is clearly the best player, and Ghost has his position and his contribution to the team success.

Anyone picking Larkin over Eichel stopped paying attention in November except for the all-star game.

Jack will leave all except McDavid in the dust as soon as next year.

Edited by dudacek

Objectively, Eichel probably should finish fourth.

Panarin has dominated stats-wise, McDavid is clearly the best player, and Ghost has his position and his contribution to the team success.

Anyone picking Larkin over Eichel stopped paying attention in November except for the all-star game.

Jack will leave all except McDavid in the dust as soon as next year.

This is pretty much exactly what I think. Panarin shouldn't qualify in my opinion, but since he does, he has absolutely run away with the award. As the rules are written now, he's the winner. This wouldn't be the case if McDavid played all year, because he's definitely the cream of the crop, as expected. He's showed enough in his limited time to be the runner up.

Eichel and Gostisbehere are 3A and 3B to me. Similar PPG and similar power play stats.. Eichel helped lead his team to a drastic improvement. Gostisbehere helped turn his team around and lead them to the playoffs. Advantage playoffs. That's just how it is. He'll probably get third, and Eichel will probably be excluded. That's not an indictment on Jack, but more indicative of this amazing rookie class. 

If Eichel being left out motivates him like others have mentioned above, excellent. He doesn't need the motivation to leave them all in the dust as you say, but it sure as hell won't hurt!

I love the content upthread about how a Calder snub would help catapult Eichel to the next level. Let it be so!

Also, yeah. Myers. Pffff.

Hmmm. I dunno. Wouldn't it motivate him only if he thinks he deserves it? Does he think that? Wait, are we talking snub as in not winning or not finishing second or third or whatever?

Actually I'm not sure I want my Eichel being extra-motivated by stuff like that. I think a sufficient fire already burns in the guy.

Hmmm. I dunno. Wouldn't it motivate him only if he thinks he deserves it? Does he think that? Wait, are we talking snub as in not winning or not finishing second or third or whatever?

Actually I'm not sure I want my Eichel being extra-motivated by stuff like that. I think a sufficient fire already burns in the guy.

Not winning things he thinks he could win motivate him. Is that statement true? idk, time will tell.

I like this too.

All in all, and bottom line: I know he's not the talent that McDavid is, but I could not be happier to have him be the face of the franchise for years to come. I really could not be. IMPOSSIBLE.

Not winning things he thinks he could win motivate him. Is that statement true? idk, time will tell.

I think you're saying something slightly different. If he's pissed because he didn't play well enough to win it (he agrees with the voters) that's something else. He should be pissed at himself. He had that unproductive stretch that killed his chance.

So it's meldonium.  The same stuff that Sharapova tested positive for.  It's only been banned since January 1.  Seems that Russian sports medical professionals didn't get the memo out to their clients.

Not Ruskie Dr's faults. Just now getting banning notices translated from arabic lettered alphabets to cryllic lettered alphabets. Another example of the West's anti-Putin vendetta.

I think you're saying something slightly different. If he's pissed because he didn't play well enough to win it (he agrees with the voters) that's something else. He should be pissed at himself. He had that unproductive stretch that killed his chance.

I think he will be mad at himself for not being able to play up to that level (meaning a calder contender) and that it will push him.

I love the content upthread about how a Calder snub would help catapult Eichel to the next level. Let it be so!

Also, yeah. Myers. Pffff.

Well, a $100k snub (the difference between finishing 4 & 3 in the balloting) might be motivational.

And if he falls to 5th, and off the All-Rookie team, because 3-2nds grabs the 3rd F slot, that's an additional $212.5k out of his pocket.

Looks like he'll qualify for $425k worth of bonuses w/ a 50/50 shot of the All-Rookie bonus & will miss out by a smidge (barring ~5 points in the last 2 nights) on 2-3 others. (Only did a quick look, the #'s may be off slightly.)

Well, a $100k snub (the difference between finishing 4 & 3 in the balloting) might be motivational.

And if he falls to 5th, and off the All-Rookie team, because 3-2nds grabs the 3rd F slot, that's an additional $212.5k out of his pocket.

Looks like he'll qualify for $425k worth of bonuses w/ a 50/50 shot of the All-Rookie bonus & will miss out by a smidge (barring ~5 points in the last 2 nights) on 2-3 others. (Only did a quick look, the #'s may be off slightly.)

There's no other way to put it. You, sir, are a magnificent bastard.

Or Hextall's, right?

I thought those two went without saying, so I didn't say them, just sayin'.  ;)

Something something cusp.

It never gets old. For NS, anyway.

Edited by PASabreFan