Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

I'm telling you we are trading coaching staff with the stars.  

If the expansion draft goes and we still have Ennis, Moulson, and Bogosian on the books, that'd be a catastrophic failure of GMing.

Now that is one thing none of the 30 other gm's have any say in don't you think ?

I'm telling you we are trading coaching staff with the stars.  

What's the significance of that flight track?  Is that Terry's jet?

It's mostly likely Kim going to meet with Tony Romo.

If the expansion draft goes and we still have Ennis, Moulson, and Bogosian on the books, that'd be a catastrophic failure of GMing.

Blasphemy!

To Huckleberry and Liger: I'm saying Murray should, ahem, incentivize the selection of one of our bad contracts. Frankly, I don't think someone like Bogo would take all too much persuasion.

oh kinda like a wink wink nudge nudge Las Vegas sort of thing, what is that old saying? if you're not cheating, you're not trying. 

fify

Getting Tony Romo would be the equivalent of the Lions grabbing Joe Ferguson after the Bills were done with him.  I mean... what's the point?

Because it's the Billsiest thing to do in this situation... he would join the ranks of veteran cast-offs like Ferragamo, Bledsoe, Kolb, Orton.... the only logical choice is Romo.

Because it's the Billsiest thing to do in this situation... he would join the ranks of veteran cast-offs like Ferragamo, Bledsoe, Kolb, Orton.... the only logical choice is Romo.

Please, please, please, no.

Deep down, I know it's inevitable.

Odd flight track.  Why did they feel compelled to fly around Indiana?

on who's part? Not like GMTM can tell the Las Vegas Patent Failures to take specifically only 1 of those three guys. 

I thought the new name was the Vegas Trademark Disputes.

Odd flight track.  Why did they feel compelled to fly around Indiana?

Pence.

From Friedman

7. Let’s do some game-related stuff. Ice time for Zemgus Girgensons' last seven games: 10:07, 9:08, 8:07, 8:39, 9:40, 7:23, 9:07. Buffalo is getting calls, but general manager Tim Murray is telling people the decreased usage doesn’t mean the Sabres will just give him away. I think Anaheim had some dialogue here last summer, but the asking price was one of the Ducks’ talented young defencemen — a cost they were unwilling to pay without some kind of sweetener.

And the Ducks head scout is in attendance tonight

From Friedman

7. Let’s do some game-related stuff. Ice time for Zemgus Girgensons' last seven games: 10:07, 9:08, 8:07, 8:39, 9:40, 7:23, 9:07. Buffalo is getting calls, but general manager Tim Murray is telling people the decreased usage doesn’t mean the Sabres will just give him away. I think Anaheim had some dialogue here last summer, but the asking price was one of the Ducks’ talented young defencemen — a cost they were unwilling to pay without some kind of sweetener.

And the Ducks head scout is in attendance tonight

In his last 10 games he has 1 point. He's pretty worthless right now. He's been that way for about the last 100 games or so.

Zemgus has been a little more noticeable the last few games being more physical at least.  That's the nicest thing I can say for him. He needs to continue in that mold. Maybe he his role is Larry. One of them won't be here next year I think.

In his last 10 games he has 1 point. He's pretty worthless right now. He's been that way for about the last 100 games or so.

Yeah but that point was that sick backhand goal where he drove past the defender and ducked toward the net. There's that flash of brilliance that everyone is looking for...

...it's probably similar to golf, where you play sh!tty the whole round and then make a great shot on one hole to make you think you're better than you really are. You still shot 110 and suck, but that one flash of skill keeps you coming back again and again.

Zemgus has been a little more noticeable the last few games being more physical at least. That's the nicest thing I can say for him. He needs to continue in that mold. Maybe he his role is Larry. One of them won't be here next year I think.

Larsson ain't going nowhere. He's at least our 4th most important forward. Yes he's ahead of Reino and Kane.

Zemgus has been a little more noticeable the last few games being more physical at least.  That's the nicest thing I can say for him. He needs to continue in that mold. Maybe he his role is Larry. One of them won't be here next year I think.

Larsson has taken the spot that was supposed to be for gus, and he is better at it.    I want a 3C that can win a FO.

Never saw Zemgus being that one, was hoping for grigorenko back in the day but larsson is our 3C.

Larsson ain't going nowhere. He's at least our 4th most important forward. Yes he's ahead of Reino and Kane.

Larsson has taken the spot that was supposed to be for gus, and he is better at it.    I want a 3C that can win a FO.

Never saw Zemgus being that one, was hoping for grigorenko back in the day but larsson is our 3C.

While I can agree with both of you I will offer up these two facts, Larry is still way to inconsistent and if he's looking for a lot of $ GMTM may say good luck. Furthermore if Larry sees himself as a 2nd line C still or again he's gone of his own choosing if some team offers him that role and nobody should feel bad about that. Mean while Gus played on the cheap this year to prove himself. Bad gamble so far but he is bringing it more the last few games and may be about to fill the role.

While I can agree with both of you I will offer up these two facts, Larry is still way to inconsistent and if he's looking for a lot of $ GMTM may say good luck. Furthermore if Larry sees himself as a 2nd line C still or again he's gone of his own choosing if some team offers him that role and nobody should feel bad about that. Mean while Gus played on the cheap this year to prove himself. Bad gamble so far but he is bringing it more the last few games and may be about to fill the role.

Larsson is an RFA, whats he gonna do? Ask for a trade, sit out, or take the deal he gets. Those are his options. 

Larsson is an RFA, whats he gonna do? Ask for a trade, sit out, or take the deal he gets. Those are his options. 

This will play out before the offseason I think. One of them is an add on in a deal somewhere. The add in on a Fowler deal lets say. I'm hoping Gus really starts to get it and improves. I like both guys but just see one of them moving on. Today I would say without a doubt it would be Gus. Come trade deadline that may not be the case though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.