Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Wouls cost to get him. What do you offer? Foligno, 51, both next years seconds?

Ouch, that's a lot.  Let's not leave the cupboard completely bare.  That's what got the Sabres into this mess to begin with.  They will need some prospects in the system.

Ouch, that's a lot. Let's not leave the cupboard completely bare. That's what got the Sabres into this mess to begin with. They will need some prospects in the system.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I present indisputable evidenve the rebuild has turned the corner: Eleven is hesitant to trade picks for a real player.

Sounds like the Ducks are going to land Anton Khodobin which is really strange. They moved Palmieri and will be losing Beleskey... Could they use Andersen/Gibson to land a forward? Khodobin is a solid NHL backup.

Any chance Murray double downs on goaltenders this weekend? 

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I present indisputable evidenve the rebuild has turned the corner: Eleven is hesitant to trade picks for a real player.

Amen!

Also:  Looks like Sather priced himself out of trading Talbot.

Edited by Eleven

@NHLbyMatty: Bill Scott, Oilers' cap guy, at NYR table now. If Edm gets Talbot would they trade Scrivens there and eat some of his money?#nhldraft

Maybe I spoke too soon.

Wow Hagelin to the Ducks for Emerson Etem (the dude who trashed Buffalo during the World Juniors) and a pick. 

###### that guy.  I hope he gets traded to Arizona.

Edited by Eleven

From Peirre Lebrun, FWIW

The Pittsburgh Penguins were rumored to be interested in Kessel and yes that’s true, but I think veteran general manager Jim Rutherford is going to slow play it and make the deal come to him and not the other way around. If at all. He wants a top-six winger for sure, whether that’s Kessel or Patrick Sharp or Jeff Skinner, there are lots of possibilities out there. But Rutherfrod is not going to be in a rush and force a dea

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/38701/rumblings-penguins-interested-in-phil-kessel

It's being reported Toronto is willing to retain $2 million in a Kessel trade. I know many around here hate him, and I still wouldn't give up the assets necessary to make it happen, but a career 70-80 point player is a heck of a deal at $6 million.

Even at the reduced price, I don't think Kessel fits the attitude/player type that GMTM is trying to assemble. All of his big acquisitions (Kane, Bogo, RoR) are either very physical determined players or a nuisance to play against and give full effort at both ends. Competitiveness seems to be GMTM's #1 targeted trait.

It's being reported Toronto is willing to retain $2 million in a Kessel trade. I know many around here hate him, and I still wouldn't give up the assets necessary to make it happen, but a career 70-80 point player is a heck of a deal at $6 million.

They seem to like small players... So Dan Catenacci straight up?

Just messing. I would be interested in Kessel, but I'm not sure the assets I would be willing to give up after what we just did this weekend. Nor do I know if Kessel would want to come here (although it's rumored he wouldn't want to leave Toronto while we're the next closest team).

No thanks.  I heard Pillsbury is looking for a mascot.  Kessel could definitely apply for that.  Kessel does not need to be a Buffalo sweater.  I will pass on his passive aggressive aloof attitude and piss poor defensive tendencies!  

Edited by TheCerebral1

i love phil. and i love the idea of phil in buffalo. and i love the idea of phil being in buffalo even more if toronto is paying for 25% of his 30 or so goals every year. 

6m is a steal for kessel. and we'd certainly be able to dump him on another team a few years down the road if salary becomes an issue. we could even retain another 1m of that ourselves.. kessel for 5 mil to somebody should fetch a good return, even if he's 30, 31 by then. 

i wouldn't give up reinhart because i'm too attached already. but i would trade our 2016 first no questions asked.. not sure what else we'd be able to throw in. probably not much, so yeah, it's a pipe dream haha

Kevin Shattenkirk is reportedly on the trade block...but I don't see us A.) Getting another RHD, B.) Giving up many more assets in trade.

He would have made more sense for Edmonton than Reinhart did. (Can't believe they only paid 1 less 2nd rounder for Reinhart, as Calgary did for Hamilton.)

Kevin Shattenkirk is reportedly on the trade block...but I don't see us A.) Getting another RHD, B.) Giving up many more assets in trade.

He would have made more sense for Edmonton than Reinhart did. (Can't believe they only paid 1 less 2nd rounder for Reinhart, as Calgary did for Hamilton.)

Whaaaaaaat? If Shattenkirk is available then uhhhhh what will it cost? Who reported that he's on the block?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.