The Ryan O'Reilly super thread 2015!!!

LGR4GM

Zadarov would have been claimed by his KHL team, and would have to go there.   It was a contract thing.

Grigorenko isn't the issue, The issue is that we burned his ELC two years to fast and that he isn't waiver excempt.  

The KHL would be a welcome solution for a year or two if murray wants him here in the future.

Zemgus is our RoR, we don't need him. 

Why do we have to stop at just 1?  We don't have to cap ourselves on very good top 6 players who play excellent 2 way games.  Come the Conference finals you're dying for as many of those guys as you can get your hands on.  I don't understand the Zemgus is our RoR point.

Something for you RoR trade lovers.

Why do we have to stop at just 1?  We don't have to cap ourselves on very good top 6 players who play excellent 2 way games.  Come the Conference finals you're dying for as many of those guys as you can get your hands on.  I don't understand the Zemgus is our RoR point.

True, Eichel Reinhar Zemgus larsson Grigorenko we got enough good centers.

Edited by Heimdall

True, Eichel Reinhar Zemgus larsson Grigorenko we got enough good centers.

Maybe, but at this point Larsson and Grigo have not shown it.  Could happen but with RoR he's still young but also established.  You know what you're getting.  Guys similar in talent and age don't become available everyday.

Also, to your video I match you this :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fitSz07EFEw

Edited by Derrico

Count me among those who do not want to give up Zemgus for ROR.
I can see why you do it, and I'd not be angry if he's part of the deal.
But I will be sad. I'm one of those who has too much emotionally invested in this new crop of kids, and Zemgus in particular.

No one is beating Zadorov,  Grigorenko and #21  There are few if any teams willing or able to sign him to 7 x 7.5  Maybe toronto but they are far behind us in the rebuild.

I think the Avs will favour a deal that includes a Tyler Myers-type defenceman (all-round game, mid-20s) if there is one out there.
If we include Bogo, then we may not have to include Zemgus or Nikita.
But is it worth the hole that would create on the blue line?

Edited by dudacek

No. People have said no to this multiple times. You're the one pushing it.

It'll take more than the Zadorov, Grigs, 21 everybody likes but it won't take Zadorov and Zemgus I imagine.

I'm not pushing it.  I am asking what will it take?  What do you think it will take.

My untouchables for O'Reilly: Eichel, Reinhart, Risto. I'd do everything possible to avoid trading Zemgus, but if that's what it takes, I do it--O'Reilly is our wet dream ceiling for Zemgus.

I think Zemgus will be better than ROR. 

It'll take more than the Zadorov, Grigs, 21 everybody likes but it won't take Zadorov and Zemgus I imagine.

Agreed. Nor should it.

No one is beating Zadorov,  Grigorenko and #21  There are few if any teams willing or able to sign him to 7 x 7.5  Maybe toronto but they are far behind us in the rebuild.

I'd heard tell that ROR was seeking a contract worth $60M, though?

Agree with what you're saying re: TOR.

Points per game + points per dollar of salary using the players 3 highest years out of the next 5.

+ average corsi # over the 3 best years?

I'd have to give it more thought, but I'm not okay with points per dollar. Your argument isn't that Girgensons will be a better value (which I'll be inclined to agree with), your argument is he'll be a better player (which I disagree with). 

That's called Tuesday in TBphD world

Don't judge me.

The Hockey Chat @TheHockeyChat 2h2 hours ago

CONFIRMED: Sabres and Leafs both had discussions with the Avalanche this morning regarding O'Reily #NHL

I think the Avs know he either gets traded now or at the deadline.

The Hockey Chat @TheHockeyChat 2h2 hours ago

SOURCE: "Very likely ROR gets moved within the next 24-36 hours" #NHL #Avs

Edited by Bulge