Get to Know - Disco Dan Bylsma

It came off as flippant and dismissive, which isn't at all your modus operandi.

Flippant and dismissive I would have accepted.  I just didn't think it was unnecessary nor fairly obnoxious.  The voices in my head said it necessary and yes, sometimes the voices can be obnoxious.  You should try to live with them sometime.

As an aside, I originally typed "ground" spelled as "grownd" and was initially confused at the red underline. Not my best moment.

So yu tuk hookt on fonnix too?

The thing is, many great coaches got fired and re-hired throughout history. We'll have to wait and see how Bylsma works out, but i think it's very encouraging that despite sitting out the season, he was still trying to better himself. I read an article on NHL.com, where he says he has become a student of the game. Trying to figure out new ways for not only offense but how to combat opponents. He says he would watch like 2-3 games per game. Usually would DVR games at night and watch them in the morning.

48 - 52 makes him fastest to 300.

Can he do it here?

A RW who can put up 60 pts., a surprise in net, Reinhart developing quickly, and the first 20 games of 16/17 become interesting.

Bruce Boudreau.

Did I get that right?

BRB, counting eggs and calling them chickens

Uh oh PA...looks like we may have gotten GoDD too! You may be last man standing.

Something's up with Yuri too. And Ink is all domestimicated. I will hold down the fort. At least there's still Swamp. Would be nice to land Hoss, but he's looking to be the highest paid Weekend Storm Clouder in history.

I feel like Scrooge waking up Christmas morning and exclaiming "I haven't missed it!"

Really thought more news would have come out overnight.

The thing is, many great coaches got fired and re-hired throughout history. We'll have to wait and see how Bylsma works out, but i think it's very encouraging that despite sitting out the season, he was still trying to better himself. I read an article on NHL.com, where he says he has become a student of the game. Trying to figure out new ways for not only offense but how to combat opponents. He says he would watch like 2-3 games per game. Usually would DVR games at night and watch them in the morning.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=738574

""That's why I talk about the grind factor," Bylsma said. "As a defenseman it's easiest to play you face-to-face. The hardest defense to play is when you have to turn. So if you get a shot on net, the defenseman has to turn. If you make him go back for a puck, he has to turn. If you carry it in all night and he's playing face-to-face, it's the easiest defense you can play. Even though it's the best to carry it over the line, it's easiest on the defender.

"I'm just trying to look at those aspects. I've looked at certain teams that are good at carrying it in and are good in the offensive zone.""

- 11/11/2014

Since Bylsma is still under contract w/ the Penguins, will the Sabres have to give a draft pick to Pittsburgh if he signs w/ Buffalo? As long as it's not a first rounder, it doesn't matter to me. It only cost a 3rd for Babcock. 

Since Bylsma is still under contract w/ the Penguins, will the Sabres have to give a draft pick to Pittsburgh if he signs w/ Buffalo? As long as it's not a first rounder, it doesn't matter to me. It only cost a 3rd for Babcock.

It depends on what conditions the Pens placed the ability of GMTM to speak with him. Since he was out of work last season he probably wouldn't cost more than a fifth, but that is pure speculation on my part

Am I the only one who doesn't understand how you can fire a coach and then because they still have time on their contract you can ask other teams for compensation.  I feel like if you fired him, he should be free to pursue other options.  Anyways, I don't think Bylsma would cost us more than a late round pick. 

Okay, the boys at WGR have suggested a press conference is coming.  Basically they just subtlety said before 1pm today there will be a press conference.  Don't know which guy it was but he indicated it was coming sooner rather than later.

Something's up with Yuri too. And Ink is all domestimicated. I will hold down the fort. At least there's still Swamp. Would be nice to land Hoss, but he's looking to be the highest paid Weekend Storm Clouder in history.

Blame yourself for Hoss; if you were more aggressive down the stretch you surely could have nabbed him.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand how you can fire a coach and then because they still have time on their contract you can ask other teams for compensation.  I feel like if you fired him, he should be free to pursue other options.  Anyways, I don't think Bylsma would cost us more than a late round pick. 

Okay, the boys at WGR have suggested a press conference is coming.  Basically they just subtlety said before 1pm today there will be a press conference.  Don't know which guy it was but he indicated it was coming sooner rather than later.

I wonder what the Sabres will ask for when / if some other team hires Nolan.

I don't know what to think about Bylsma. I really wanted Todd McLellan or Babcock and I would much rather have Boucher than Disco Dan. This team put all their eggs in one basket for Babs and should have made that same effort for McLellan and now stuck on Bylsma because he's the last of proven coaches. I just don't think he's going to be the guy that gets all these young guys to fully meet their potential.

I don't know what to think about Bylsma. I really wanted Todd McLellan or Babcock and I would much rather have Boucher than Disco Dan. This team put all their eggs in one basket for Babs and should have made that same effort for McLellan and now stuck on Bylsma because he's the last of proven coaches. I just don't think he's going to be the guy that gets all these young guys to fully meet their potential.

I'd get on the bandwagon now. Not much else you can do for the next couple of years. I'm optimistic.