Jason Dawe playoff scoring record may get broken

Weave

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/former-sabres-standout-jason-dawe-hopes-connor-mcdavid-breaks-his-ohl-playoff-scoring-record/

Not sure it is worthy of its own thread but I couldn't think of an apropriate catchall thread.

For 22 years, former Buffalo Sabres winger Jason Dawe had no idea he owned one of junior hockey’s most prestigious records. Then his phone rang last week. A Canadian reporter left a message informing Dawe that mega-prospect Connor McDavid was approaching his Ontario Hockey League playoff mark of 51 points. 

Dawe is just another example of a guy who had great offensive numbers in juniors and never made the leap to the NHL.  Check out Norm Milley for more mind blowing OHL numbers that didn't mean squat when it came time to turn pro...

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=25968

haha yeah. Milley was a pretty good AHLer though!

Both Dawe and Milley must have had some clear weaknesses to their games, since both players were selected in the 2nd round.

Dawe is just another example of a guy who had great offensive numbers in juniors and never made the leap to the NHL.  Check out Norm Milley for more mind blowing OHL numbers that didn't mean squat when it came time to turn pro...

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=25968

He's also a textbook example of why you don't rush guys to the NHL.

Dawe was a decent NHL'er there for a few years. Without looking, I'll say he had 3 20-goal seasons.

I just looked up the stats and you nailed it.  He just squeaked by with the last one, with 19 goals in Buffalo and then 1 after being traded to the Islanders.  It is kind of funny though to see the guy with the best OHL playoff stat line of all time wind up getting traded for Paul Kruse.

I still scored a ton of goals with him. Only goes to show how unrealistic that game was :-)

Homeboy was slowwwww and smallish. Epitome of a Darcy player (Not sure he actually was one). I remember two things about him, gold chains and a ESPN announcer stating "if you crossed Jason Doig with Jason Dawe you'd have Jason Dawg."

Edited by inkman

I still scored a ton of goals with him. Only goes to show how unrealistic that game was :-)

I used to score a ton of goals on my buddy in NHL '94 with Colin Patterson just to tick him off.

When I was working at Stereo Advantage back in the day Petr Svoboda came in once and I told him I liked him in NHL '94 because he was the fastest skater on the Sabres in the game.

Hah.  What do I remember about Jason Dawe?

He used to live across the street from my good buddy out in E. Amherst, off N.French Road.

LOL.

Dan Kelly, brother of QB Jim Kelly, lived 4 or 5 houses down.

LOL.

Dawe sucked.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.