2015 IIHF Championship Prague May 1-17

Brawndo

Eichel wasn't into the game today, didn't see him use his speed and got knocked off the puck easily. Coach took him off of his power play unit. Wonder if he was hurt or something happened that took his head out of it

I think the Swiss did a good job of shutting him down. The American team on the whole is not a grinding team, and I think the Swiss were happy to try to grind it out. It didn't work, but I understand their approach. 

I think the Swiss did a good job of shutting him down. The American team on the whole is not a grinding team, and I think the Swiss were happy to try to grind it out. It didn't work, but I understand their approach. 

I think Jack had to battle harder than he had earlier in the tournament and as a young kid, he didn't adjust.  It is nothing to worry about but I like seeing the limits he currently has. 

This should be in the awesome thread.

He already has screwed himself up in a tourney, and is 12 hours removed from a heartbreaker.....he can play with a 0.18 BAC as far as I'm concerned.....much respect.

In Mother Russia a BAC over 1.0 is considered Driving While Impaired

I've watched every game so far and what I've noticed is how much Eichel has had to adjust his speed to that of his line mates. He has really had to slow down his game. Everyone of his points came when he was able to use his speed, power, and vision. Which 90% of the game his line mates can't even play that way. Thats why IMO Kane and Ennis are his perfect line mates when he gets here. They will be able to play with his speed and handle his on ice vision. His assist on the Jones goal last game is what I think we will see a lot of next year between Kane and Jack.

I just hope these European nations don't put too much stock into victories in this tournament given that they can add players to their roster for the semi-finals.

So can we.  We added Coyle today.  The bigger difference is that the KHL season was over before this tournament started.

Edited by Eleven

Flat about sums it up best for Eichel today as it does for just about the entire team. Tough day at the dot, especially, for JE. Certainly no major gaffes, either. Players have days like today and I've been expecting to see just such a game. It's a great opportunity to see how he rebounds, which is perhaps THE most important aspect in a player's development.

GO SABRES!!!

Remember when we lost the draft lottery and people were jumping out windows and saying Murray hates Eichel and lamenting how wasteful the tank was...

This is why we came in last because think what it would feel like to be Phoenix. 

exactly !!!!!

What do you guys think of the goalie, Hellebuyck?

He is the Jets' goalie on the farm team.

He looks very solid in net. I think the Jets gave us the wrong goalie in the Myers/Stafford deal. It's not to late to correct that so feel free to send him our way. 

GO SABRES!!!

When news first broke on the trade I was excited when I heard there was a goalie back. Then I saw it w Kasdorf.

Hellebuyck and Comrie are both going to play in the show.

I hate that we don't have a goalie of the future.

Edited by dudacek

He looks very solid in net. I think the Jets gave us the wrong goalie in the Myers/Stafford deal. It's not to late to correct that so feel free to send him our way.

GO SABRES!!!

Hellebuyck would never have been an option. Kasdorf was probably more of a throw in. Edited by Thorny

Saturday 9:15am CAN-CZE semifinal

Saturday 1:15pm USA-RUS semifinal (ECF Game 1 at 1pm)

Sunday 10:15am Bronze medal game

Sunday 2:45pm Gold medal game (WCF Game 1 at 3pm)

All times eastern

no TV coverage?

Nelson leads the team with six goals and nine points through just six games in the tournament. He also ranks tied with several players including Jaromir Jagr, Tyler Seguin, and Filip Forsberg for the tournament lead in goals score, Nelson's nine points places in a tied with Russia's Artemi Panarin and point behind Russia's Yevgeni Dadonov for the tournament lead.

So, I was just reading how Eichel has had "instant chemistry" with his linemates, Trevor Lewis and Brock Nelson...

Does anybody think that Brock Nelson could be a trade target for Tim Murray? He is 23 years old, and had 42 points in 82 games this year.

He was drafted 30th overall...would the Islanders trade him for their 2015 1st or 2nd back? Or, maybe we can just sign him to an offer sheet, as he's an RFA this summer.

Would this not be a pretty smart idea for Murray to provide Eichel with a familiar (young) face, that he can grow and develop (and dominate) with?

Contract source: http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/new-york-islanders/brock-nelson/

Source for quote: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nhl/3360/brock-nelson

no TV coverage?

Streaming on NBC Live Extra...which is pretty stupid, if you ask me. What else is on a Saturday at 1:15PM in the middle of May?

Soccer? :sick: 

Hellebuyck would never have been an option. Kasdorf was probably more of a throw in.

Didn't GMTM say he tried for a different goalie? Winnipeg has Eric Comrie and he is their goalie of the future. (Pretty sure people thought that is who Murray was referring to.) Wouldn't surprise me if that is who he was after, but ended up having to settle for Kasdorf...and he makes another move for Hellebuyck.

Edited by Bob Malooga

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.