GDT: The Lottery (Eichel is OURS)

Johnny DangerFace

Thanks for the congrats...but 3 kids in 6 years and I have done my part to keep humanity going and now I want to be a person again...although I don't know if that's even possible anymore. But its great fun and very rewarding, blah blah blah....

Anyways...Eichel looks amazing. I'm taking great comfort in his WJC highlights. He is phenomenal.

A playmaking center, a power forward, a difference maker. I can't believe the day has come when these labels can be applied to a Buffalo Sabre.

Who says edmonton doesn't pick eichel :P

I'd be ecstatic. It's not a stretch to say Eichel is better than McDavid in some areas of the game, but McDavid is still the overall better player. I'd rather have him than Eichel, but it's hard not to be thrilled with a guy who's getting compared to Mario and Stevy Y

How does Eichel compare to MacKinnon? Seems to me maybe less speed but better vision and playmaking?

Eichel is much stronger. He might not be as fast, but his change of direction and initial strides are as strong/quick as I can remember in any prospect.

I stopped reading at that point.  Two things wrong with that phrase.  The first is even relating such a subject to this situation.  The second is that even if the author had used a more appropriate comparison the point is that Tim Murray has the same damn expressionless intonation in everything he does.

Hey Tim, congratulation on getting married! -   "Thanks, she had the best odds to make a good life moving forward.  You never know. It's free to listen to other offers."

Hey Tim, congratulations on the birth of your first child! - "Thanks, the future is uncertain for him.  You expect he'll be successful but he could be a criminal. We'll see what happens."

Hey Tim, sorry to hear about your dog passing away. - "Thanks, at that age you have to expect something to happen. It's likely going to be a bad outcome."

Too true.

These past few days have made me realize how unexposed non-Sabre fans out here are to Murray.

No wonder some have reacted the way they have.

The entire population of Canada who can't tolerate the idea that a generational Canadian talent could in any way be second to a generational American player. Don Cherry would commit hari kari on national TV if that ever occurred (although, that would be an easier sight to behold than his normal attire).

GO SABRES!!!

Edmonton should do the hockey world a public service and draft Eichel for this very reason.

To read this board today, you would think they would be crazy not to!

..well--the 'eichel is stronger' kinda stuff may be true but everyone was stronger than the 162 LB Gretzky in the 1980s. Messier was certainly stronger;)

Edited by calti

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am quite comfortable building Jack Eichel into Mike Peca with Gorde Howe's strength and Mario Lemieux's skill set.

I'm not comfortable at all with billing him as that, that would be a top 5 player ever to play the game. 

If you think Eichel is that, what in the world are you pegging as McDavid? Gretzky-Sellane-Crosby mixed?

Thanks for the congrats...but 3 kids in 6 years and I have done my part to keep humanity going and now I want to be a person again...although I don't know if that's even possible anymore. But its great fun and very rewarding, blah blah blah....

Anyways...Eichel looks amazing. I'm taking great comfort in his WJC highlights. He is phenomenal.

A playmaking center, a power forward, a difference maker. I can't believe the day has come when these labels can be applied to a Buffalo Sabre.

Awesome news on the offspring, got a little 8 month old inkling myself. Can't believe I made a little human.

I'm not comfortable at all with billing him as that, that would be a top 5 player ever to play the game. 

If you think Eichel is that, what in the world are you pegging as McDavid? Gretzky-Sellane-Crosby mixed?

Oh, Jeez.  Here comes the big let down.....

OK, I really need to find a sarcasm emoticon when two of my favourite posters don't get me.

Was it something in my posting history? 

Maybe that time I said Jordan Samuels Thomas was the next Cam Neely?  :P

OK, I really need to find a sarcasm emoticon when two of my favourite posters don't get me.

Was it something in my posting history? 

Maybe that time I said Jordan Samuels Thomas was the next Cam Neely?  :P

:lol:   :beer:

The way this board's advertising Eichel you might think he really was all Peca+Howe+Lemiuex+Yzerman.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.