The Next Coach of the Buffalo Sabres

IKnowPhysics

Paul MacLean was also a skill player, whom our under-performing and up-and-coming skill players could relate to. Our Murray would probably have to be convinced that MacLean learned some things by being fired from Ottawa. 

Where's Ducky?  Playing out West I only remember seeing him a few times. But Maclean was a guy who could score and beat your ass in a fight. he took on heavyweights. 

Where's Ducky?  Playing out West I only remember seeing him a few times. But Maclean was a guy who could score and beat your ass in a fight. he took on heavyweights. 

It sounds like he has the makings for a great coach that may not play nice with GM's. Maybe GMTM and him get along, doubtful but one never knows.

How does being at best half right make you look smart? It has clearly NOT been Richardson all along ;)

Seriously though....every reporter in the world has $50 million on the table for your 1st choice, and he turned it down. Now you are going to sign an AHL guy for $4 million over 3??????

I actually think Maclean as coach would be a blast. Big Event hockey. He knows Babcocks system, he knows when to mug it up. The real knock on him was the players turned on him. For some reason Bryan Murray felt his hands were tied. Maclean knows the game. He's not a perfect coach, but I think he'd work here. 

What happened to DeBoer? I thought that was your guy if Babcock was a no go?

FWIW, GoDD, good call on saying Babcock was a potential sell-out.  If everything coming out since 11:35am this morning is true, that's exactly what Babcock did: sell out.

Edited by SiZzlEmeIsTEr

Seriously though....every reporter in the world has $50 million on the table for your 1st choice, and he turned it down. Now you are going to sign an AHL guy for $4 million over 3??????

Yea, I just don't see it happening. Talk about a PR nightmare (I also think the Murray-Richardson supposition is based wholly on the Ottawa connection with nary a nugget of real information that Murray wants Richardson as the Sabres head coach).

I find myself hoping the Bruins fire Julien...in fact, if the Sabres make a move before Julien's fate is known, I'll be pretty annoyed. Of course, I'm also annoyed at myself wanting Julien here, so there's that.

Nope.  The big, flashy move was attempted.  Murray wins this round, and it was Pegula's move. Now it's Murray's turn, and he won't lose.  If he wants Richardson like it was rumoured, then ZFG Murray will take whomever he damn pleases.

Seriously, is this the narrative now?  They're on WGR with it.  Why can't you go from Babcock to Richardson?  That's like saying if the answer is choice B on this question, it certainly can't be choice B on the next question. 

How does being at best half right make you look smart? It has clearly NOT been Richardson all along ;)

Says you...  Who says we haven't been played all along?

Nope.  The big, flashy move was attempted.  Murray wins this round, and it was Pegula's move. Now it's Murray's turn, and he won't lose.  If he wants Richardson like it was rumoured, then ZFG Murray will take whomever he damn pleases.

Seriously, is this the narrative now?  They're on WGR with it.  Why can't you go from Babcock to Richardson?  That's like saying if the answer is choice B on this question, it certainly can't be choice B on the next question. 

It's not like that at all. It's like being on a waiting list for the first production run of a new Lamborghini, then as you move up to #2 on the list, getting told you're never getting to #1...and then going out and buying a new "supercar" made in somebody's shop that nobody has ever heard of. Richardson's got a lean and unimpressive track record in the AHL, but is otherwise a total unknown.

Says you...  Who says we haven't been played all along?

Even PA and Drane think that's a stretch.

Don't forget Rolston.

Hey, say what you want about Ron Rolston...but no one.  I mean no one! No one wears women's gardening gloves like that man, particularly while conducting hockey practice for an NHL franchise.

Fun Fact: his daughter plays with and is good friends with my buddy's daughter!  Family still living out in Clarence apparently...Ron now a scout in Phoenix.

What happened to DeBoer? I thought that was your guy if Babcock was a no go?

I'd be very happy with DeBoer too.  DeBoer is an excellent coach IMO.  (but it isn't my decision). 

I wouldn't be unhappy with Bylsma, to tell you the truth. Although, he wouldn't be my first choice with an unformed roster. 

I think it was the right move by the organization. It sounds to me that Babs wanted way too much control, or money. We are now in position to get a coach who will be the right fit. The coach, and GM must have a good relationship. We have seen how it turns out if they don't.

Go Sabres!!!!!

It's not like that at all. It's like being on a waiting list for the first production run of a new Lamborghini, then as you move up to #2 on the list, getting told you're never getting to #1...and then going out and buying a new "supercar" made in somebody's shop that nobody has ever heard of. Richardson's got a lean and unimpressive track record in the AHL, but is otherwise a total unknown.

Even PA and Drane think that's a stretch.

Maybe so...  I just never believed it was Babcock.  Murray has yet to do the predictable..  Babcock was THE predictable.