Lottery to be made available for public viewing

Eleven

There's a 45% chance McDavid goes to one of BUF, ARI, or EDM an a 55% chance he goes to one of TOR, CAR, CLB, NJD, PHI, SJS, COL, FLA, DAL, BOS, LAK.

Between the first three, obviously I want the win. Otherwise, between EDM and ARI, I'd prefer EDM. Let's have EDM finally be good again- they're a good hockey market. I know they've had a lot of chances, but they've got a real chance for a truly special offense and they can move their underperformers for a good supporting cast (read: defense, goaltending). Let the Dogs get Hanifin and move to Seattle.

From the rest of the pack, DAL, BOS, and LAK are immediately right out. DAL shouldn't win anything ever. BOS can off. LA is too good to deserve a higher pick.

Others that can also off: TOR, CAR, PHI. I don't want TOR to finally get some leadership and then horsewhip us in the ACC for a decade. CAR can generally off, but is especially noted here because they won't show up no matter who's playing. PHI is a clowny franchise right now and I want them to wallow in it for a few years more.

NJD needs a youth revolution, but making McDavid play the trap would be a horribly boring waste of his talents. Nope.

This leaves CLB, SJS, COL, FLA. I'm generally ok with any of these. However FLA has approximately one fan, and he hasn't been to a game since Pavel Bure won the Richard. They might as well lock McDavid in a closet somewhere.

I think since the effective death of Doug MacLean, the Blue Jackets are following Nashville's model for success. McDavid could boost that nicely.

SJS is a little too good to deserve a boost like McDavid, but they're distant conference-wise from Buffalo. Thornton's time is likely up and they're in need of some youth.

I'm pretty much indifferent to Colorado, who made a boneheaded move by separating Statsny and Landeskog in the name of the mighty dollar. Maybe a superstar would convince and enable that franchise to spend a little cheese.

Overall probability that I don't end up pissed off: 50.5%

And I think that's pretty good odds.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Hookers and blow on my own Caribbean yacht with a full-time bartender, pilot, and chef....er, no, wait, the Draft Lottery?

McDavid. 

some sanity.. my wife would love some hookers and blow(cooked not raw) on a yacht w me... good call... i might even check on the team by december next year.. ya never know

There's a 45% chance McDavid goes to one of BUF, ARI, or EDM an a 55% chance he goes to one of TOR, CAR, CLB, NJD, PHI, SJS, COL, FLA, DAL, BOS, LAK.

Between the first three, obviously I want the win. Otherwise, between EDM and ARI, I'd prefer EDM. Let's have EDM finally be good again- they're a good hockey market. I know they've had a lot of chances, but they've got a real chance for a truly special offense and they can move their underperformers for a good supporting cast (read: defense, goaltending). Let the Dogs get Hanifin and move to Seattle.

From the rest of the pack, DAL, BOS, and LAK are immediately right out. DAL shouldn't win anything ever. BOS can ###### off. LA is too good to deserve a higher pick.

Others that can also ###### off: TOR, CAR, PHI. I don't want TOR to finally get some leadership and then horsewhip us in the ACC for a decade. CAR can generally ###### off, but is especially noted here because they won't show up no matter who's playing. PHI is a clowny franchise right now and I want them to wallow in it for a few years more.

NJD needs a youth revolution, but making McDavid play the trap would be a horribly boring waste of his talents. Nope.

This leaves CLB, SJS, COL, FLA. I'm generally ok with any of these. However FLA has approximately one fan, and he hasn't been to a game since Pavel Bure won the Richard. They might as well lock McDavid in a closet somewhere.

I think since the effective death of Doug MacLean, the Blue Jackets are following Nashville's model for success. McDavid could boost that nicely.

SJS is a little too good to deserve a boost like McDavid, but they're distant conference-wise from Buffalo. Thornton's time is likely up and they're in need of some youth.

I'm pretty much indifferent to Colorado, who made a boneheaded move by separating Statsny and Landeskog in the name of the mighty dollar. Maybe a superstar would convince and enable that franchise to spend a little cheese.

Overall probability that I don't end up pissed off: 50.5%

And I think that's pretty good odds.

Pre-NJ, we're on the same page except I'm not a fan of moving teams and Hannifan and OEL COULD be in the discussion for an all-time pairing by the time they're ready to hang 'em up. Add Matthews to that, and they could have another good young squad starting to come along about the time Maloney and DR get punted. Tippett deserves to have players again.

There would be some fitting justice for the league if they ended up w/ McDavid in the 1 metro NY market that nobody cares about and on the 1 team that pkays a system that MIGHT even be able to make him dull to watch. For that reason, I'm ok w/ him ending up there.

I'm also ok w/ ending up on the Cats. Panthers market is similar to TB in several respects and w/ Stamkos and crew nobody calls for them to bolt for greener pastures. Fla has an up and coming team and he would make them good for a long time. Did somebody mention Kelly-Marino a few posts back; this really would be Kelly-Marino.

I'm ok w/ him ending up in C-bus as well. Young squad, he'd fit in well.

As for the Avs, they've been pennywise and pound foolish. If their fans end up suffering for it the way we did post 7/1/7; it is what it is. And they're rooting for the team that played a large part in the Sabres 10 year streak of no playoff series wins prior to Mayday. So I'd prefer him not going there.

SJ has had entertaining hockey ever since Marleau got there and the ownership moved teams out of 3 cities. Can't see a reason to want them to pull an Indy and replace Marleau & Thornton w/ the hockey version of Andrew Luck.

My 2 cents.

Hell no to the teams that don't even deserve to be in the lottery! LA, BOS, etc.

There should be no lottery at all, but it should be limited to the bottom 3 IMO!

It should be Buffalo if life was fair. I've been to Arizona for games and they care mostly about the nachos and the drinks during the game. What a waste if they got McDavid. 

I hate to see him go anywhere but Buffalo. Maybe this is our time?

The combinations of balls will be made publicly available on Friday at nhl.com, I am told.

WHY THE NHL WILL RIG THE LOTTERY FOR EACH TEAM:

Boston:  Ok, too easy.  Campbell.  Plus the league has been rigging things for Boston for about a decade (see also Campbell).

LA:  Help establish a dynasty in what could be a key market, if the NHL actually were ever able to command the lion's share of sports attention there.

Dallas:  One of the strongholds of Bettman's Southern Strategy.  (This works for several other teams, too.)

Florida:  Same, but in an incredibly struggling market.  Plus plenty of winter visitors from Ontario to see McDavid play.

Colorado:  This is one of the toughest, but I'll go with solidifying what once was and should again be a key market.

San Jose:  See Colorado.

Columbus:  Solidifies a fan base across Ohio.  Puts a genuine star in a statewide market that also includes LeBron James.

Philadelphia:  Extends the market to Erie.  And come on, like the league doesn't LOVE it when the Phlyers are good.

NJ:  Struggling for attention and attendance, NJ instantly becomes relevant again.

Carolina:  See Florida.

Toronto:  This is just too easy.  Need I bother?  It's the #1 hockey market in the world.

Edmonton:  Let's finally end the suffering and get the Oilers back into dynasty mode.

Arizona:  See Florida.  Arizona may be even more Florida than Florida is.

Buffalo:  I gave my three reasons above.

WHY THE NHL WILL RIG THE LOTTERY AGAINST TEAMS 1-5 (the ones with a real chance):

Carolina:  Why stick him in the South?

Toronto:  All of Canada hates the Leaves except for this one city, right?

Edmonton:  Why bury him in a small market?  That already has eleventy billion 1-5 picks?

Arizona:  Why bury him in the desert?

Buffalo:  Why worry about the #1 USA market when other cities could use a boost?

Edited by Eleven

I'm not sure if Schopp agreeing with me is good or bad, but he's damn right on this one..just say no to the Canes!  Also he makes a good argument against NJ...McDavid playing the trap?  :sick:

http://www.wgr550.com/If-Sabres-don-t-win-lottery-here-s-who-should/21363434

I've actually been a fan of Schopp, but I have been liking him less and less. He does realize the the Devil's haven't played the trap in like a decade, right?

I've actually been a fan of Schopp, but I have been liking him less and less. He does realize the the Devil's haven't played the trap in like a decade, right?

Well, maybe not a decade, but your point isn't a bad one.

They would still play the trap if they had any goaltending.  I mean it, they would.

Tomorrow night at 8:00 pm.  Getting close...

Although really, a 1-in-5 chance at McD isn't worth getting hopes up for -- the odds are just too low.

I think someone mentioned — and I forget who, whom sorry — that we still have the best odds of getting him. It's like 20% and the rest are all lower than that, lower than 20%, I want to say.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.