GDT: Chicago @ Buffalo; 7:00 pm EST

WildCard

I didn't get it either.... Emerson is probably too high brow for this crowd.

It's small-minded to remain consistent in rooting for the Sabres to win at this point.  There is zero chance that the team will make the playoffs.  There is no point to winning these games.

Edited by Eleven

It's small-minded to remain consistent in rooting for the Sabres to win at this point. There is zero chance that the team will make the playoffs. There is no point to winning these games.

The Tank Debate has driven media and fans to such polar opposites, that there is a segment of the population that would take greater satisfication in the Sabres drafting third, future consequences be damned.

The Tank Debate has driven media and fans to such polar opposites, that there is a segment of the population that would take greater satisfication in the Sabres drafting third, future consequences be damned.

I don't understand it.  I was one of the most vocal so-called anti-tankers at the beginning of the season.  And I don't think the organization was tanking then.  But now, I mean, losing the only thing that makes sense from the organization's and fans' perspectives.  From the coaches' and players' perspectives, not so much.  I get that.  

I still wouldn't show up and root against them, though.  I might have a tough decision to make on Monday night!

Sabres, Yotes and Oilers all win out. We still get the shart and anti-tankers are happy (I think).

Those that don't have aneurysms along the way would be, I guess. :unsure:

It's small-minded to remain consistent in rooting for the Sabres to win at this point.  There is zero chance that the team will make the playoffs.  There is no point to winning these games.

Sop picking on DeLuca. ;)

At least the fans in attendance will get to see a real NHL team.

A good look at what the Sabres could look like in a few years, although I have a feeling the Sabres will look more like the Kings.  Maybe a combination of the two would be a good mix.

Anyway, I think the Sabres will lose this one.  The Hawks are just too good for effort to overcome, but I will cheer for a Sabre win.

As always,

GO SABRES!!

I can't stand where the team has put me mentally. After the music playing and partying like they won the Cup the last two games, I hope the get the shiit kicked out of them tonight. Yup, I said it but that's just the way I feel right now. I'm really afraid this season has scarred me for life....

Re: post-game celebration.  I think the genesis of this narrative is this Vogl tweet:  

https://twitter.com/BuffNewsVogl/status/582762651203203072

Lots of shouts of joy coming from Sabres' dressing room.

Were there any other reports? Hoppe? Hamilton? Unsure to what degree Vogl trolls (no where near Bucky / Jerry S level) I think it's being blown way out of proportion. After a win, celebrate, especially given this crap season.

Re: post-game celebration.  I think the genesis of this narrative is this Vogl tweet:  

Were there any other reports? Hoppe? Hamilton? Unsure to what degree Vogl trolls (no where near Bucky / Jerry S level) I think it's being blown way out of proportion. After a win, celebrate, especially given this crap season.

Very interesting questions.

Re: post-game celebration. I think the genesis of this narrative is this Vogl tweet:

45]

John Vogl@BuffNewsVogl

I'm fairly certain Hamilton reported he hadn't seen the locker room so excited since they won a playoff series. I have little doubt they were galvanized by the Arizona game...I also have little doubt it wouldn't mean a hill of beans nor would it be a narrative if our immediate opponents didn't include the Yotes and Leafs.

I'm fairly certain Hamilton reported he hadn't seen the locker room so excited since they won a playoff series. I have little doubt they were galvanized by the Arizona game...I also have little doubt it wouldn't mean a hill of beans nor would it be a narrative if our immediate opponents didn't include the Yotes and Leafs.

I do recall Hamilton reporting that.

I do recall Hamilton reporting that.

Oh, maybe on the radio.  He didn't mention it in his blog post.  Well then 2 sources improves likelihood it was noteworthy.  Again I put it on Gionta.  Assuming he's setting the tone as captain.  Give us what we want Brian!  You are being paid MILLIONS to do so to the best of your abilities.  

Wouldn't it be great if Boston or LA missed the playoffs and won the lottery? That would be awesome and would make it so no teams ever tanked again to improve their draft position. Plus if those Massholes win the lottery we'll still get to see McDavid in Buffalo 2 or 3 times a year. Maybe he'll score some hat tricks against us.

I don't like you :)

Lindback starts tonight, Nolan said it's possible that Makarov starts tomorrow on the Island.

Moulson (flu) and Weber () are gametime decisions.   

Scott Darling gets the start for CHI.  He's 8-3-0 on the season with a 1.77 goals against average and .941 save percentage in 12 games (11 starts).

You're right ... because our immediate opponent was actually Colorado and we didn't hear about how the team was so "galvanized" as you say when they lost to them.

Edited by carpandean

You're right ... because our immediate opponent was actually Colorado and we didn't hear about how the team was so "galvanized" as you say when they lost to them.

I'm sure we could get it to fit the narrative if we really tried. At first they were shell shocked from the events of the Coyotes game, leading to a 4-0 deficit. But that's when it all changed with a rousing second intermission...not speech, not chair throwing, but replay of the cheers. Then they came out and dominated the third period before falling short. But make no mistake, that Coyotes game mattered as would be demonstrated by statement victories over Arizona and Toronto. This is a team that's driven to climb all the way out of the basement to build for next year. Fans may think of these as fruitless wins, but those guys in the locker room know better. A culture has been crafted, and no 18 year old prospect can change it now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.