GDT: Chicago @ Buffalo; 7:00 pm EST

WildCard

Makarov in goal, please.

I was worried that we'd be seeing a backup, since Crawford played tonight (in a 3-1 win over Vancouver), but Chicago's backups have better numbers (though, smaller sample sizes) than he does.  We'll probably see Scott Darling.  While I'd love to see Makarov, I'm betting on a battle of the 6'6"-ers.

They clinched a playoff spot tonight, so hopefully they won't have a letdown game. Currently sitting 4th in the conference, but could easily move up.

Good thing is they still have chance for 1st in division, but even getting 2nd would get them home ice , same for Isalnders really, so think they both have motivation this weekend.

Looking to next week, I am hoping Anaheim will have 1 seed locked up and rest last day of year, while hoping Piitsburgh needs to win for some reason.

BTW, I was hoping the Sharks would be eliminated by now, but looking at their schedule, they still have an outside shot and think they will be playing hard tonight and tomorrow.

Edited by plenzmd1

BTW, I was hoping the Sharks would be eliminated by now, but looking at their schedule, they still have an outside shot and think they will be playing hard tonight and tomorrow.

Hopefully, the Coyotes players will want to play spoilers, because ... you know ... players don't think about losing, only meaningless moral victories.

Hopefully, the Coyotes players will want to play spoilers, because ... you know ... players don't think about losing, only meaningless moral victories.

The Coyotes are definitely playing spoilers right now....unfortunately it's towards the Sabres. I think they would rather have a top two pick rather than keeping the Sharks out of the playoffs. But I do like your thought much more.

This season, more like the last few months, have been draining to say the least. First, second or third pick, I really don't care anymore, JETS!!!

Edited by Claude Balls

Classic trap game for the Blackhawks, after the Sabres they have two games against the Blues with a game against the Wild in between. Some unlikely saves and a couple of posts and the Sabres steal this in OT 3-2. Go Sabres!

Wouldn't it be great if Boston or LA missed the playoffs and won the lottery? That would be awesome and would make it so no teams ever tanked again to improve their draft position. Plus if those Massholes win the lottery we'll still get to see McDavid in Buffalo 2 or 3 times a year. Maybe he'll score some hat tricks against us.

Edited by Drunkard

I can't stand where the team has put me mentally. After the music playing and partying like they won the Cup the last two games, I hope the get the shiit kicked out of them tonight. Yup, I said it but that's just the way I feel right now. I'm really afraid this season has scarred me for life....

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.

Remember when Marv yelled, "You were bought!" at the refs at halftime of Super Bowl 26? That's kind of when I started thinking something was a little off there.

I can't stand where the team has put me mentally. After the music playing and partying like they won the Cup the last two games, I hope the get the shiit kicked out of them tonight. Yup, I said it but that's just the way I feel right now. I'm really afraid this season has scarred me for life....

It's just unbridled avarice. First Terry and his billions, Ehrhoff, Leino, lockerroom, HarborCenter, the Bills, downtown stadium, and now McDavid. We want ours after years of living in abject misery. Hell, even I want to tank to get McDavid, and I never think I deserve anything nice. I hope we don't end up like a lot of lottery winners.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.