2016 NHL Draft

Crusader1969

Gonna be a hot draft weekend...89 Saturday/94 Sunday...nobody will be talking about the weather in Buffalo after that, lol

You've been on this board for longer than WildCard has had a low voice, FFS, CHANGE YOUR AVATAR.

Former Oil King captain Mark Pysyk for Eberle (and possibly some other pieces on each side) is one of the many rumor floating around out there in twatter.

IIRC, Risto, Bogo, and Pysyk are all right-side defensemen. We can spare Pysyk. We need a left-side defenseman.

I just don't see Eberle as a GMTM type

I just don't see Eberle as a GMTM type

Me either, to be frank.  Vesey, at 6'3", who can skate and work in the dirty corners who also, feasts in both ends of the zone.  Just look at Kane, O'Reilly, Fasching, and so on.  But, skill is skill so you debate it. 

They have Cam Dineen at 72... that's pretty hilarious to me. 17yr old in his first OHL season lands 2nd in the OHL in points for defenders and you have him at 72 lol's. I am starting to trust "traditional scouting" less. There is clearly a size bias in play. 

So with Vesey likely along do Sabres go D or go after Keller and look at D later on???

If Sabres get Vesey and Keller got to say quiet a coop.

Unless there is a run on Dmen prior to the 8th pick then I would say its highly likely one of Joulevi, Sergi or Chyrchrun is a Buffalo Sabres come Friday. 

I think it also dampens any trade rumours of Sabres moving up to 3 or 4 to grab a forward. 

IF we sign Vesey prior to the draft, I think I am leaning D for pick 8. It allows us to acquire more of a stop gap at D in FA or a trade. If we aren't drafting a D at 8, it is my belief Murray will have to swing a fairly significant trade for a LHD this offseason. That works too, but it may be harder to pull off. 

IF we sign Vesey prior to the draft, I think I am leaning D for pick 8. It allows us to acquire more of a stop gap at D in FA or a trade. If we aren't drafting a D at 8, it is my belief Murray will have to swing a fairly significant trade for a LHD this offseason. That works too, but it may be harder to pull off.

I think he has to swing that trade regardless. Whatever D we draft at 8 isn't helping our top-4 for years.

I think he has to swing that trade regardless. Whatever D we draft at 8 isn't helping our top-4 for years.

That's what I meant. There has to be a trade or a FA at LHD this offseason for sure. But I feel that it can be more of a stop gap type player (a la Campbell) if we have that potential top 4 D drafted and in the system. If we aren't drafting a D, I would think that trade has to include a guy like Fowler, someone who is an immediate and long term solution. 

That's what I meant. There has to be a trade or a FA at LHD this offseason for sure. But I feel that it can be more of a stop gap type player (a la Campbell) if we have that potential top 4 D drafted and in the system. If we aren't drafting a D, I would think that trade has to include a guy like Fowler, someone who is an immediate and long term solution.

Ah, gotcha. Agreed.

? I still think people are under estimating Casey Nelson, I like his size over Ghule

You like his size over Guhle? So you like a guy who's the same height but 7lbs lighter? I like Nelson too but comparing him to Guhle in terms of size seems flawed.

Guhle needs 2 years, Nelson can play now. Let's see ever he's got.

Murray has three guys he's looking at eight, expects at least one and maybe all three to be there. Sounds like he likes two of them more than the third.

Also sounds like he is willing to move up, but he's not willing to pay much to move up.

Murray has three guys he's looking at eight, expects at least one and maybe all three to be there. Sounds like he likes two of them more than the third.

Also sounds like he is willing to move up, but he's not willing to pay much to move up.

This sounds like Chychrun, Juolevi, Sergachev to me. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.