2016 NHL Draft

Crusader1969

Royce says there are five real good defencemen this year.

Not sure if they are who we will be looking at at eight.

True, that's fine.  I'm moving more towards liking Nylander, he just needs to get some size, which is attainable.  As with someone like Jost, Keller.  I'm moving off needing a D for sure, but w/e, I still love Chychrun.  

I'm not any more confident today than I was last week that he'll sign with the Sabres

Im confident. Murray is no dummy and wouldn't have traded a 3rd rounder if he had absolutely no clue if there was interest from the Vesey camp.

They have to be very careful of what they say publicly but there is no way, in my mind, that there wasn't a conversation between Eichel and Vesey and it has be relayed back to Murray.  Hopefully I am not wrong cause it will suck for this guy to snub the Sabres to go pay for the Leafs. Especially if Stamkos is offered $12M to play with Sabres and signs for Leafs for $10 or so.

Murray has three guys he's looking at eight, expects at least one and maybe all three to be there. Sounds like he likes two of them more than the third.

Also sounds like he is willing to move up, but he's not willing to pay much to move up.

So very likely we are picking at 8 then. Also doesn't look like we are trading that pick. That's ok, let's hope Murray can swing a trade for a D, and a forward depending on the Vesey situation. 

So very likely we are picking at 8 then. Also doesn't look like we are trading that pick. That's ok, let's hope Murray can swing a trade for a D, and a forward depending on the Vesey situation. 

That's not the feeling I get. I'm feeling we are trading that pick for Fowler and that we are signing Stamkos and Vesey on July 1

Fowler isn't worth the #8 overall

Correct.   However, Lindholm is worth #8, and more.

Fowler has a very cap friendly deal, Lindholm is an RFA and Vatanen just got his RFA deal.   I don't see how the Ducks can keep both Lindholm and Vatanen.

Lindholm would be worth 8, but would probably take little sugar on top to get it done.   ANA has only 6 picks in this years draft, BUF could easily throw in a few extra picks to move the needle.

Edited by pi2000

What if they don't want #8 specifically. What if they want Jake McCabe, Zemgus Girgensons, and Justin Bailey

I'm not sure why they would want McCabe, they have Montour and the other defensemen that's slipping my mind.  Would assume it be more cognoscente for them  to acquire younger talent, like Bailey.  The more I watched Bailey the more I see him easily playing on the opposite side of Foligno and Larsson and excelling.

I'm not sure why they would want McCabe, they have Montour and the other defensemen that's slipping my mind.  Would assume it be more cognoscente for them  to acquire younger talent, like Bailey.  The more I watched Bailey the more I see him easily playing on the opposite side of Foligno and Larsson and excelling.

It isn't about McCabe. Substitute whoever there. What if Anaheim, a team that is trying to reach a cup doesn't want a pick that will pan out in 1-2 years but they want depth now. Would ppl be willing to trade a roster player or 2 and a prospect like Bailey for Lindholm?

It isn't about McCabe. Substitute whoever there. What if Anaheim, a team that is trying to reach a cup doesn't want a pick that will pan out in 1-2 years but they want depth now. Would ppl be willing to trade a roster player or 2 and a prospect like Bailey for Lindholm?

all day

Trading #8 for Fowler is like getting #8 for Bogo - not similar in style, but similiarly 3/4 dmen not top 2.  Risto was a #8, would you trade him for #8?  Fowler is worth a Girgs and a 3rd, or something along those lines, not #8

Fair enough but think bigger. I wouldn't think # 8 straight up for Fowler. But swapping picks and another piece or two to give us the LHD QB we all know we need? I could see GMTM going for it. Going for it all lol.

What if they don't want #8 specifically. What if they want Jake McCabe, Zemgus Girgensons, and Justin Bailey

No to McCabe, don't want to acquire a LHD at expense of a promising young LHD. I would deal Girgensons and Bailey though for him.

I would probably deal #8 straight up for Fowler. I think Fowler is a good talent, fits our need, and there's no guarantee the Dman we would potentially draft at 8 would end up as good as him. Maybe he'd be better, who knows. But I'd take Fowler in no small part because while he's still young, he's ready to play now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.