2016 NHL Draft

Crusader1969

I'm all aboard the Keller train too though I doubt gmtm is. My guess is it's chychrun because of the upside and his ties to the Pegula family. This is the guy that was #2 overall going into the season, so the risk/reward thing is huge. I like Serg a little better but again he's goes against GMTM's draft history. I do think chychrun will see 9 games in the NHL too this year then will prob be sent down. The kid has it all except he has concentration lapses once in a while leading to stupid plays. We should also be able to get a LHD via FA or through a trade with a cash strapped team. Not sure I would go after Yandle.

I'm all aboard the Keller train too though I doubt gmtm is. My guess is it's chychrun because of the upside and his ties to the Pegula family. This is the guy that was #2 overall going into the season, so the risk/reward thing is huge. I like Serg a little better but again he's goes against GMTM's draft history. I do think chychrun will see 9 games in the NHL too this year then will prob be sent down. The kid has it all except he has concentration lapses once in a while leading to stupid plays. We should also be able to get a LHD via FA or through a trade with a cash strapped team. Not sure I would go after Yandle.

That is a massive red flag though. He's winning because he's bigger and more athletic than everyone else, not because he's better. I don't think Murray falls for the bait that is Chyrchun

This is why I hope they do not draft him. 

I was going to say Center for about 17 years under Darcy but yours is more accurate. I think. Cause we had Peca at one point.

I think you are really, really under valuing my man Jake McCabe. Captain of a Team USA team. Brought along at the proper pace by getting his seasoning and is after all, still a freaking kid at what 22? I love McCabe and the future legend of Jake. Seriously though.

yes, McCade is the real deal!

Columbus Dispatch reporter Aaron Portzline:

Told #CBJ have received at least 2 offers for No. 3 pick. Both very legit offers worth considering, but not enough to sway Kekalainen & Co.

Shouldn't the Oilers by dangling RNH or Draisaitl? Not sure who adds what, if anything.

Jackets need a 1st-line centre and I can't think of a better sidekick for McDavid than Pulju — that kid has none of the offence-first stink of the other Oiler high picks.

Yes, I know the Oilers need D, but they still have pieces like 4, Eberle and even Hall get that.

Hmmm, I wonder who has the ammo and wants a RW that bad? (Not sarcasm) 

In the future, this denotes sarcasm => /s

Is this for everywhere or just here?

Like replying to that e mail fro m the boss? Yes I'll get right on that project /s

Shouldn't the Oilers by dangling RNH or Draisaitl? Not sure who adds what, if anything.

Jackets need a 1st-line centre and I can't think of a better sidekick for McDavid than Pulju — that kid has none of the offence-first stink of the other Oiler high picks.

Yes, I know the Oilers need D, but they still have pieces like 4, Eberle and even Hall get that.

Do you really think the difference between Tkachuk and Puljujarvi is RNH? I think they'd be much better served standing at 4 and trading RNH for say Vatanen or Barrie.

Well the Oilers could say RNH for #3 straight up I suppose. No idea what the value matches out to but that could happen. As for the Draisaitl option, I don't think they trade him. 

Do you really think the difference between Tkachuk and Puljujarvi is RNH? I think they'd be much better served standing at 4 and trading RNH for say Vatanen or Barrie.

Oh man I was thinking a straight trade of RNH for #3 but I suppose that doesn't work. 

Well the Oilers could say RNH for #3 straight up I suppose. No idea what the value matches out to but that could happen. As for the Draisaitl option, I don't think they trade him. 

Oh man I was thinking a straight trade of RNH for #3 but I suppose that doesn't work. 

Even if Columbus would do it for RNH alone, I think Barrie + Tkachuk > Chychrun + Puljujarvi.

My proposal was RNH or Draisaitl straight up for 3. Oilers keep four.

Then, to borrow your scenario, they could swap four straight up for Barrie - so essentially Pulju and Barrie for RNH and Tkachuk.

IMO, that makes the Oil a better team.

Also improves CBus.

Not sure what the hell Sakic is thinking, but I guess in his world, top-four pick for overpriced one-dimensional defenceman.

PS: Blue are you marking while posting again? Your comprehension skills are usually way better than this. ????

Edited by dudacek

Based entirely on the lines posted over at dailyfaceoff.com (29 teams excluding Buffalo):

Anaheim, Chicago, Detroit, Nashville (bottom pairing), Philadelphia, Tampa Bay (bottom pairing), Washington (bottom pairing), Carolina (bottom pairing), Colorado, Edmonton, New Jersey, Toronto, Vancouver

13 of 29 NHL teams do not have "correct handedness" in their starting defense

7 of those 13 are playoff teams (Anaheim, Chicago, Detroit, Nashville, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay and Washington)

5 of those 13 represent teams in the bottom 10 of goals against (Anaheim, Chicago, Tampa Bay, Washington, New Jersey)

3 of those 13 represent teams in the top 10 of goals against (Colorado, Toronto, Vancouver)

6 of those 13 represent the ten teams giving up the least shots on goal per game (Anaheim, Nashville, Carolina, Washington, New Jersey, Tampa Bay)

6 of those 13 represent the ten teams giving up the most shots on goal per game (Chicago, Philadelphia, Colorado, Edmonton, Toronto, Vancouver)

The full list is: Anaheim, Chicago, Detroit, Nashville, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay, Washington, Carolina, Colorado, Edmonton, New Jersey, Toronto, Vancouver.

I cringe when I hear the coach or FO types talking about how so-and-so is going to give it a go on his off-handed side. We need a top-4 LHD, by hook or by crook.

Yup

Based entirely on the lines posted over at dailyfaceoff.com (29 teams excluding Buffalo):

Anaheim, Chicago, Detroit, Nashville (bottom pairing), Philadelphia, Tampa Bay (bottom pairing), Washington (bottom pairing), Carolina (bottom pairing), Colorado, Edmonton, New Jersey, Toronto, Vancouver

13 of 29 NHL teams do not have "correct handedness" in their starting defense

7 of those 13 are playoff teams (Anaheim, Chicago, Detroit, Nashville, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay and Washington)

5 of those 13 represent teams in the bottom 10 of goals against (Anaheim, Chicago, Tampa Bay, Washington, New Jersey)

3 of those 13 represent teams in the top 10 of goals against (Colorado, Toronto, Vancouver)

6 of those 13 represent the ten teams giving up the least shots on goal per game (Anaheim, Nashville, Carolina, Washington, New Jersey, Tampa Bay)

6 of those 13 represent the ten teams giving up the most shots on goal per game (Chicago, Philadelphia, Colorado, Edmonton, Toronto, Vancouver)

The full list is: Anaheim, Chicago, Detroit, Nashville, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay, Washington, Carolina, Colorado, Edmonton, New Jersey, Toronto, Vancouver.

Way to cut  me off, at work so had to do it on my break. I'll post my results soon, Anaheim, for one, does have the correct handedness for D, in the top 4, but one "not correct" on the third pair. They have the top 2 pairs listed  incorrectly on the site. 

Chicago is listed wrong, too. The site requires fact chequing. Hjalmarsson and Van Riemsdyk are listed incorrectly. They are listed opposite from what they play, on the site. 

Edited by Thorny

Quick Request:

Proud to say, I've secured draft tickets for my Sons (14 and 12) and myself and we'll be coming in from CT for both draft days. This is where I need your help. We're staying in the Hamptons Inn in Williamsville (downtown hotels were sold out, of course). Can I get recommendations for a great wings place near Williamsville for LUNCH on Friday and a cool place for dinner after the draft on Saturday? I grew up in Lakeview (Franny Grad followed by UB Grad) so know the area. I know Chef's and all of the restaurants in the south towns. Thanks ahead of time!!

Quick Request:

Proud to say, I've secured draft tickets for my Sons (14 and 12) and myself and we'll be coming in from CT for both draft days. This is where I need your help. We're staying in the Hamptons Inn in Williamsville (downtown hotels were sold out, of course). Can I get recommendations for a great wings place near Williamsville for LUNCH on Friday and a cool place for dinner after the draft on Saturday? I grew up in Lakeview (Franny Grad followed by UB Grad) so know the area. I know Chef's and all of the restaurants in the south towns. Thanks ahead of time!!

If you're motivated you could run up to Duff's from there. It would be like maybe 10mins. Take Main to N Union and then run that until you hit Sheridan. It will be packed post draft but Pearl Street is right DT and is pretty cool IMPO. 

Quick Request:

You're staying ~3 miles from Brennan's Bowery Pub at Main and Transit (opposite direction of going downtown, but that should not be a concern). That place has always had very good wings.

You're staying ~3 miles from Brennan's Bowery Pub at Main and Transit (opposite direction of going downtown, but that should not be a concern). That place has always had very good wings.

Oh yea, I love their wings and their sandwiches.  I just wish they would expand their beer list. 

We're staying in the Hamptons Inn in Williamsville (downtown hotels were sold out, of course). Can I get recommendations for a great wings place near Williamsville for LUNCH on Friday and a cool place for dinner after the draft on Saturday? I grew up in Lakeview (Franny Grad followed by UB Grad) so know the area. I know Chef's and all of the restaurants in the south towns. Thanks ahead of time!!

In terms of dinner - again assuming you want to be close to the hotel - I would endorse either of Creekview or Glen Park. Both tavern style joints with a varied menu, both very close to your hotel.

One caveat: Creekview changed ownership or management a year or so ago. Not quite the same place it used to be. Maybe skew Glen Park for that reason.

Neither are anything fancy. If you want something "cool," say the word and this board will hit you up with more options than you can tap a stick at.

Also would be helpful to know what kinds of places/foods you're looking for, and preferred location(s).

Edited by That Aud Smell

Excellent - I will try Brennan's or Duffs for lunch then, prob Brennan's as I've never been there before.  Pearl street sounds good for after the draft on Saturday - won't be too packed I would think.  Any recommendation of a restaurant on Pearl Street?

In terms of dinner - again assuming you want to be close to the hotel - I would endorse either of Creekview or Glen Park. Both tavern style joints with a varied menu, both very close to your hotel.

One caveat: Creekview changed ownership or management a year or so ago. Not quite the same place it used to be. Maybe skew Glen Park for that reason.

Nope.  Schutte still owns it.

Excellent - I will try Brennan's or Duffs for lunch then, prob Brennan's as I've never been there before.  Pearl street sounds good for after the draft on Saturday - won't be too packed I would think.  Any recommendation of a restaurant on Pearl Street?

Pearl Street Grill and Brewery http://pearlstreetgrill.com/and it will be packed post draft I bet. 

Nope.  Schutte still owns it.

Does he now?

Well, I need to have a word with him. That place used to ooze hospitality. Last two times I was there? Not so much.

Ah, so you're thinking near the arena for dinner. Let me give that some thought. I'm sure others will too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.