2015 / 2016 Line Up

2slowtogofast

I doubt it, but it is an interesting thought that many of use around here have yet to consider. 

Anyone out there know how reliable Kristen Nelson - NHL.com Staff Writer is? I haven't heard of her.

I don't know how reliable she is. I do like the idea though, haven't seen it posted by anyone else on here

Barring any other moves, that's what I'd like to see them try.

That way the chemistry Ennis & Moulson have can remain and you've got them surrounding Eichel.

I think it'd be a perfect idea. Let Kane carry the puck in, O'Reilly can be defensively responsible, and Reinahrt can be free to do his thing with two highly skilled, smart players who both like to go to the net.

Plus, like you say, this lets Moulson and Ennis stay together and I think their styles compliment one another very well. Moulson can be that net front presence, Ennis can be free to roam and be creative, and Eichel can play along the boards or get up high where he can distribute and shoot. Neither Moulson nor Ennis are big snipers, so Jack can be free to take all of the shots he wants. 

It makes more sense to break Reinhart in at Right Wing than it does to put yet another lefty out of position at right wing. With the addition of O'Reilly for the top 6 to go along with Eichel I'd rather see Reinhart playing wing than centering the 3rd line.

Kane O'Reilly Reinhart

Moulson Eichel Ennis

or

Moulson O'Reilly Reinhart

Kane Eichel Ennis

I guess you could put Girgensons in for Moulson too if you prefer, bump Moulson down to the 3rd line and have Larsson centering him and Gionta. All kinds of possibilities.

I like the bold combinations

Edited by WildCard

It makes more sense to break Reinhart in at Right Wing than it does to put yet another lefty out of position at right wing. With the addition of O'Reilly for the top 6 to go along with Eichel I'd rather see Reinhart playing wing than centering the 3rd line.

Kane O'Reilly Reinhart

Moulson Eichel Ennis

or

Kane Eichel Ennis

I guess you could put Girgensons in for Moulson too if you prefer, bump Moulson down to the 3rd line and have Larsson centering him and Gionta. All kinds of possibilities.

This one looks good to me. Especially since it gives Reinhart the option to transition to center with the same linemates later on in the season. That and Kane provides protection from cheap shots against Reinhart.

I'm not worried at all about Eichel. That line has two good puck carriers and a net front finisher/vet in Moulson.

The other added benefit is we have a talented checking line with Girgensons centering the third line with whomever wins the McGinn/Foligno/Larsson/Gionta battle royale.

“I feel this is like when you’re trying to name a team and everybody in the city can submit their names for the nickname of the team. Maybe we should get everybody’s line combinations and see what we can come up with.” – Dan Bylsma on WGR 550 (June 29, 2015)

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/m_page.htm?id=106104

Haha that's pretty cool. I think DDB is more pandering to the crowd than anything else. I think he has a pretty good idea of what he wants to do at the start of camp.

Also hold off your submissions until they sign Eichel - he's not on the list yet.

“I feel this is like when you’re trying to name a team and everybody in the city can submit their names for the nickname of the team. Maybe we should get everybody’s line combinations and see what we can come up with.” – Dan Bylsma on WGR 550 (June 29, 2015)

Gahhhhhh I love it, except it made me angry that Eichel isn't an option.... I could not continue:

Please note that the list is of all players currently under contract as of June 30, 2015 at 2 p.m. Your options will be updated as roster moves, trades and signings are made official.

I am still 100% fine with that McNabb Deal.

People need to stop thinking... man that player is going nuts now for this team he would have done the same here.

Deslauriers has been great last year and Fasching improved a lot as well and hasn't even seen NHL Ice Time yet. So we don't know what they will turn into.

Regier's days are over... There is a trade you like pull the trigger stop hesitating.

Edited by Peppy22

Regier's days are over... There is a trade you like pull the trigger stop hesitating.

Yeah, I think many on this forum are having a tough time letting go of the mentalities of "letting the market set" and "winning the trade" and adopting the new paradigm of "building a winning team."

I think GMTM is paying more than Darcy would have for these various trades. But that doesn't mean he is overpaying: how many trades didn't happen because Darcy would stubbornly stick with his price, when throwing a slightly higher draft pick would have gotten a key piece that would have improved the Sabres as a team? I think the Sabres missed out on several trades that would have helped the team and perhaps could have made the Tank unnecessary due to Darcy's desire to win every trade.

Yeah, I think many on this forum are having a tough time letting go of the mentalities of "letting the market set" and "winning the trade" and adopting the new paradigm of "building a winning team."

I think GMTM is paying more than Darcy would have for these various trades. But that doesn't mean he is overpaying: how many trades didn't happen because Darcy would stubbornly stick with his price, when throwing a slightly higher draft pick would have gotten a key piece that would have improved the Sabres as a team? I think the Sabres missed out on several trades that would have helped the team and perhaps could have made the Tank unnecessary due to Darcy's desire to win every trade.

Matthew Coller was discussing this very point this morning. He mentioned there were a few other trades besides Seguin that he missed out on because he was afraid a prospect would turn into a great player.

I am still 100% fine with that McNabb Deal.

People need to stop thinking... man that player is going nuts now for this team he would have done the same here.

Deslauriers has been great last year and Fasching improved a lot as well and hasn't even seen NHL Ice Time yet. So we don't know what they will turn into.

McNabb only got so much playing time because of the injuries and voynov.   He did play well but they are expecting more out of him next year.

2015-2016 will decide if he becomes an NHL player.

no greater truth has been spoken, murray did in two years what darcy could only do by accident (and ruined).. i was too conservative as many were but looking at the mix on paper (murray was ideal, thanks pat).

its guaranteed in the locker room (reigning in the big talented personalities that ohers couldnt handle) by Lewand, Mcginn and Gionta and guarteed loyal to buffalo by the hell gionta and bogosian and ennis endured with all of you last year... unbelievable we stll have great prospect base, if this isnt perfect.. pretty impressive long view he apparetly shared with some before he actually complteted his vision... i am looking forward to hockey and the season ticketholders must feel vindicated.

I dont miss any prospects except, 21, 31 and armia (maybe zads)... and look what we have instead... i will crawl back under my rock as murray knows way more than me...

Edited by K8prisoner

Matthew Coller was discussing this very point this morning. He mentioned there were a few other trades besides Seguin that he missed out on because he was afraid a prospect would turn into a great player.

I personally don't believe in it, but lots of people like to push the idea of not trading within the division.  Boston seemed to take that approach with Hamilton, so why would they have sent Seguin here?  I know it's a different GM now, but from the stuff I've heard on the radio, people seem to think Neely is calling the shots, not Sweeney.

McNabb only got so much playing time because of the injuries and voynov.   He did play well but they are expecting more out of him next year.

2015-2016 will decide if he becomes an NHL player.

Even if he becomes a superstar personally I don't care.

McNabb could play 82 games 25+ minutes a night for Buffalo

or

McNabb could play 82 games 25+ minutes a night for Carolina

at the end of the year it would still be 2 totally different players. Different teams, different systems, different approaches of the game.

Seguin could still be in Boston and might would have averaged 50 points per season and would "still just be a good" player

I personally don't believe in it, but lots of people like to push the idea of not trading within the division. Boston seemed to take that approach with Hamilton, so why would they have sent Seguin here? I know it's a different GM now, but from the stuff I've heard on the radio, people seem to think Neely is calling the shots, not Sweeney.

Neely may be calling the shots now, but was he back then? I thought he was pretty new to the position when that all went down, but I could be way off on that.

Even if he becomes a superstar personally I don't care.

McNabb could play 82 games 25+ minutes a night for Buffalo

or

McNabb could play 82 games 25+ minutes a night for Carolina

at the end of the year it would still be 2 totally different players. Different teams, different systems, different approaches of the game.

Seguin could still be in Boston and might would have averaged 50 points per season and would "still just be a good" player

Wow. I think the only reason he is getting time with LA is because of the cap situation. He's cheap. He has an edge. He's okay. He'll never be a 25 min. guy. 

@BuffaloSabres: Bylsma on Eichel: It's no secret. He's got so much skill. For him to be on the #Sabres, it's exciting.

@BuffaloSabres: Bylsma: Very few times, watching the game, do you see a special player. I just know the speed at which he can create is head-turning.#Sabres

@BuffaloSabres: Bylsma: When I saw Sam Reinhart play for @HockeyCanada at Worlds.. that line, that was the best line. #Sabres

@BuffaloSabres: Bylsma: Evander Kane skates at an elite level. You think about speed + speed. You fantasize about some of these things. #Sabres

@BuffaloSabres: Bylsma: The team you're going to see in the fall is going to be a lot different than the team #Sabres fans saw last season.

@BuffaloSabres: Bylsma on Eichel: It's no secret. He's got so much skill. For him to be on the #Sabres, it's exciting.

@BuffaloSabres: Bylsma: Very few times, watching the game, do you see a special player. I just know the speed at which he can create is head-turning.#Sabres

@BuffaloSabres: Bylsma: When I saw Sam Reinhart play for @HockeyCanada at Worlds.. that line, that was the best line. #Sabres

@BuffaloSabres: Bylsma: Evander Kane skates at an elite level. You think about speed + speed. You fantasize about some of these things. #Sabres

@BuffaloSabres: Bylsma: The team you're going to see in the fall is going to be a lot different than the team #Sabres fans saw last season.

Gets my vote for understatement of the year.

I feel this is like when you’re trying to name a team and everybody in the city can submit their names for the nickname of the team. Maybe we should get everybody’s line combinations and see what we can come up with.” – Dan Bylsma on WGR 550 (June 29, 2015)

Eichel is now available for the line combinations!

Eichel is now available for the line combinations!

I went with:

Kane Eichel Ennis

Foligno Girgensons Gionta

Deslauriers Larsson McGinn

Gorges Ristolainen

McCabe Bogosian

Weber Pysyk

Lehner

Edited by Drunkard

I personally don't believe in it, but lots of people like to push the idea of not trading within the division.  Boston seemed to take that approach with Hamilton, so why would they have sent Seguin here?  I know it's a different GM now, but from the stuff I've heard on the radio, people seem to think Neely is calling the shots, not Sweeney.

I hate the idea of not trading in the division.  If you are getting the best offer form the division, then go for it.

The ONLY way I can see it not happening is if you are the 'other team' are clearly the class of the division, look to fight it out for the division title for the next few years, AND the trade will fill a bigger hole for them than it will for you. Even with that, I still say get the best deal available no matter where it is from.

What are they really afraid of?  The majority of the time, the only downside to trading in the division is IF you lose the trade, that "Loss" will be more visible.

Defensively I think we've got to add. Not just because we want to be good but because I think we are better off keeping McCabe in Rochester to start the year. I also don't like Weber in my top six.

If Yandle and Shattenkirk are both off the market then who else might be available?

Johnny Oduya is an option obviously, but he's the last of the free agents that interests me. Matt Irwin could be another guy if we're looking to add 2 NHL dmen.

Brian Campbell is a veteran that isn't what he used to be, but he's a lefty that could come back to Buffalo on the last year of his expensive deal.

Niklas Hjalmarsson was always the dream, but I don't think Chicago will be moving him. Especially after Saad heading out and Sharp apparently coming soon.

There were some rumors during the season that Trevor Daley might be available. He had a very good year and is under control for two more years at $3.3M. Lefty.

Kris Russell in Calgary maybe the odd man out on a stacked blueline? Lefty. Solid all-around.

Alec Martinez could be available. Another lefty.

Just trying to find some names to consider.

How about Jake Muzzin? Though with Sekera gone the Kings might be really tight on moving any more defenders

I would LOVE to land Muzzin, but I didn't list him because I can't imagine they're looking to move him... He also looks like he's forever wearing a panty-hoe on his head.

4819.png

Edited by Hoss

I would LOVE to land Muzzin, but I didn't list him because I can't imagine they're looking to move him... He also looks like he's forever wearing a panty-hoe on his head.

Well he is a UFA after next season, so maybe we just wait it out (he'll only be 27 by next summer) or try and snag him some other way, though for the life of me I can't imagine anything we have that the Kings would be interested in that we could realistically offer.

Phaneuf?

It'd be nice if they could find a trade partner who would swap a similarly aged Dman for Larsson or Foligno.

No on Phaneuf. Too many issues, and if we want him we might as well just wait the extra season for his absurd cap-hit to go away when he becomes a UFA.

What about Torey Krug?

I don't recall the actual opening night lineup last season, but I went off of the box score:

2014-2015 opening day lineup:

Foligno - Ennis - Stafford

Moulson - Girgensons - Gionta

Mitchell - Hodgson - Stewart

Deslauriers - Reinhart - McCormick

Gorges - Myers

Meszaros - Benoit

Weber - Ristolainen

Jhonas Enroth

2015-2016 projected lineup:

Kane - O'Reilly - Reinhart

Moulson - Eichel - Ennis

Foligno - Girgensons - Gionta

Deslauriers - Larsson - McGinn

Gorges - Ristolainen

McCabe - Bogosian

Colaiacovo - Pysyk

Weber

Robin Lehner

Bold&Italics = New player

Italitcs = prospect not on opening night last year

UnderlineIn new slot compared to last year

Regular = Same spot and projected slot as last year

Edited by Hoss

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.