2015 / 2016 Line Up

2slowtogofast

@robvollmanNHL: Sabres: Upgraded coaching (Bylsma/Murray), goaltending (Lehner), and lots of top prospects. The formula for a surprise season.

Besides Tampa, the rest of our division is manageable. Bruins and Leafs will be at the bottom, the Canadiens and Wings are bound to have worse season, though Montreal will definitely still be in the playoffs. If the Wings and Panthers regress, which I put at roughly a 30% chance, we could, could, make it.  :beer:

Edited by WildCard

Kane - O'Reilly - Ennis

Moulson - Eichel - Larson

Reinhart - Girgensons - Gionta

Foligno - Legwand - McGuinn

What center depth. Does Reinhart get his start at wing? Does this portend 9 and AHL? Does Legwand or ROR have ability to play wing?

He might but he sure as hell isn't starting on the LW.

Some perspective on today:
If the Sabres are lifting the cup in the next five years, you can guarantee Eichel, O'Reilly and Lehner will be at the head of the line.

This might go down as the most important day in Sabres history.

Edited by dudacek

Kane - O'Reilly - Ennis

What center depth. Does Reinhart get his start at wing? Does this portend 9 and AHL? Does Legwand or ROR have ability to play wing?

Whatever happens in the top 3, that's a good 4th line.

On opening night:

Kane-O'Reilly-Ennis
Moulson-Eichel-Gionta

Foligno-Zemgus-Larsson

Deslauriers-Legwand-Kaleta

Risto-Gorges

Bogo-UFA
Weber-Pysyk

For games 60-82 plus playoffs (that's right!):

Kane-O'Reilly-Ennis
Moulson-Eichel-Zemgus

Foligno-Reinhart-Gionta

Deslauriers-Larsson-Kaleta

Risto-Gorges

Bogo-UFA
Weber-Pysyk

Freeman has pretty close to what I'm looking at, although I think Reinhart makes the team out of camp.

Kane-O'Reilly-Ennis  --This is really a no-brainer 1st line to open the year, innit?

Girgensons-Eichel-Gionta  --I really really really wanted to go with Reinhart at RW here, but I don't think they open with a 2x rookie line

Moulson-Larsson-Reinhart  --Similar logic to above, I don't see the team rolling 2x rookie centers...given one is Eichel, by default Reinhart starts on the wing. Obviously temporary

Foligno-Legwand-Deslauriers

There's no true shutdown line, and while you could put together a Girgensons-Larsson-Gionta line, I think it leaves line #2 somewhat exposed defensively and experience-wise. I also think the addition of O'Reilly kind of makes it unnecessary to have a traditional checking line. Roll three balanced lines with this roster. If Hodgson isn't bought out, I suspect it relegates Larsson to the 4th line and Legwand to the waiver wire; I can't see any reason to keep Hodgson around if he's going to be buried on the 4th line, so get him decent linemates and let him play offense.

Sekera (or other UFA) - Bogo

Pysyk (I assume he can play off-hand) - Risto

Gorges/Weber - nobody cares

If Pysyk can't play the left side and/or a true top-4 LHD isn't added in some fashion, the D will be what holds the team back. 

Edit: I completely forgot we added McGinn. He's extra forward fodder or we're making another move.

Edit #2: After doing some reading, I may be significantly underrating McGinn. Feels like another, more minor, move is coming for roster space.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

On opening night:

Kane-O'Reilly-Ennis

Moulson-Eichel-Gionta

Foligno-Zemgus-Larsson

Deslauriers-Legwand-Kaleta

Risto-Gorges

Bogo-UFA

Weber-Pysyk

For games 60-82 plus playoffs (that's right!):

Kane-O'Reilly-Ennis

Moulson-Eichel-Zemgus

Foligno-Reinhart-Gionta

Deslauriers-Larsson-Kaleta

Risto-Gorges

Bogo-UFA

Weber-Pysyk

I would prefer another forward for the third line dropping Foligno to the fourth line and Kaleta to the press box. Also, I have doubts about Moulson returning to anything near a 30 goal scorer. He'll be 32 the beginning of next season and I have serious concerns about him having turned the corner on his career. 

I can't wait till camp to see how the lineup shakes out. 

Let's enjoy the summer weather first! :)

What summer weather?

Also, freeman:  I think Reinhart plays in the NHL next year, and what have you done with Hodgson?  Or you you take the Fifth on that?

Edited by Eleven

Kane - O'Reilly - Ennis

I almost want to cry looking at that line up...Just beautiful 

Edit: I completely forgot we added McGinn. He's extra forward fodder or we're making another move.

Edit #2: After doing some reading, I may be significantly underrating McGinn. Feels like another, more minor, move is coming for roster space.

I would prefer another forward for the third line dropping Foligno to the fourth line and Kaleta to the press box. Also, I have doubts about Moulson returning to anything near a 30 goal scorer. He'll be 32 the beginning of next season and I have serious concerns about him having turned the corner on his career. 

I can't wait till camp to see how the lineup shakes out. 

If McGinn is healthy, he could be the forward DeLuca is looking for here.

Also, freeman:  I think Reinhart plays in the NHL next year, and what have you done with Hodgson?  Or you you take the Fifth on that?

I have Reinhart playing the first half of the season in the A, then coming up to the show for good after the ASG and gradually becoming a significant contributor down the stretch.

And Hodgy is going to take the last vestige of the DR era with him, along with his severance check, in the next 72 hours.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.