Trade Deadline 2015 (March 2nd, 3 p.m.)

Hoss

So our first line RW, our 2nd and 3rd line centres, and our starting goalie gone, with Chad Johnson in to drive the tank home.

All tankers on board with how this shook down?

I thought Stewart, Mitchell and Neiuverth had to go for today to be successful.  Fynn was just a nice bonus :P

Sorry, Darcy was the king of deadline day.

He made good deals.

I wonder if Murray's lack of experience with deadline day (think about it; Ottawa is *never* a player on deadline day) is an issue.

Why? Because it is three years away or because it is a second and you were expecting more?

I'm fine with stocking the cupboard with future assets. more flexibility in the future when some of these prospects start turning pro.

Because that player will not play in the NHL for seven more years.

He made good deals.

I wonder if Murray's lack of experience with deadline day (think about it; Ottawa is *never* a player on deadline day) is an issue.

Because that player will not play in the NHL for seven more years.

I get that but at the end of the day we have lots of picks, space with the cap and a good set of prospects. While that second round pick may not see the NHL for seven years based on what I've seen from GMTM we will probably never use that pick.

So, Murray deals Neuvirth, Mitchell, Stewart, and Flynn... How did he do that when he wasted 10 minutes on the phone with WGR???? VOODOO? WITCH DOCTOR?

Just think of the haul he would have gotten if he had just stayed in his office those critical 10 minutes.

I am really unimpressed with Murray to this point.  Today's trades were poor, and I believe he overpayed for Kane and Fasching.  We traded some assets today and received almost no value in return.

Expiring UFAs in the midst of a tank = Assets.

Good job, good hustle.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.