Trade Deadline 2015 (March 2nd, 3 p.m.)

Hoss

The team couldn't even tell him before he saw it on tv. NHLN sympathizing with with Neuvirth saying that's a terrible way to find out. Murray was probably too busy giving the new tank commander his marching orders over the phone.

Yeah, that's messed up.  Probably hurts their chances at re-signing this July.  :(

Even if they are terrible next year, watching a McEichel on the team will make them much more entertaining to watch anyways.

That's how I feel, these last two years are unwatchable but if you land one of the big 2, throw in Reinhart, a healthy Kane plus whatever other prospect that could step into the lineup at least it would be fun to watch.

Even if they are terrible next year, watching a McEichel on the team will make them much more entertaining to watch anyways.

I agree they should be more interesting to watch but a polished turd is still a turd. GM TM better use his summertime wisely. Hate to complain but I have this feeling we took a step back.

Yeah, the goalie market won't be lacking this off-season.  I just happened to like Neuvirth among the UFAs.  Again, I hope GMTM made sure he's not burning a bridge here.

While the Sabres may get a McEichel, they will need a goalie to make next season exciting.  A good goalie will make next season the antipodes of this season which would be...awesome.

Edited by SiZzlEmIsTEr

I agree they should be more interesting to watch but a polished turd is still a turd. GM TM better use his summertime wisely. Hate to complain but I have this feeling we took a step back.

A total rebuild wasn't going to happen overnight but face it folks this draft was key. Last year was the start as we got the guy we wanted and now we need one of the big two. Reinhart and one of the big two should be ready to step in next year. Finishing with the 3-5 pick will probably continue another unwatchable hockey next year. But at least they would be more fun to watch with Reinhart or McEichel on the team. 

Did anybody hear TSN DESTROY Stewart?

They were talking about tanking and said they need to keep him because he's terrible. Said that a smart franchise in St. Louis got rid of him for a reason. Said he helps them lose more than he helps them win.

They were talking about tanking and said they need to keep him because he's terrible. Said that a smart franchise in St. Louis got rid of him for a reason. Said he helps them lose more than he helps them win.

It would be super funny if the blues required him

Chad (NOT OchoCinco) Johnson was just on TSN and they were flat out asking him about the tank and saying Marty Biron just explained that they traded Neuvirth because he was playing too well and they want to tank. Johnso can't say anything other than he wants to win games, though he understands the Sabres wants that pick.

Yes, there is a TSN TradeCentre Stream. I couldn't take the Trade Deadline without James Duthie.

Yeah they were showing numbers that have him as a player who is more valuable on the bench than on the ice. I only caught a second of it.

A total rebuild wasn't going to happen overnight but face it folks this draft was key. Last year was the start as we got the guy we wanted and now we need one of the big two. Reinhart and one of the big two should be ready to step in next year. Finishing with the 3-5 pick will probably continue another unwatchable hockey next year. But at least they would be more fun to watch with Reinhart or McEichel on the team.

I get it. Neuvirth wasn't helping the tank.

I get the feeling that most of these Canadian reporters won't be happy unless McDavid plays in Canada. They point to the Sabres but what about the sell off in Arizona or the lack of goaltending on the Oilers. Their dream is that the leafs win the McDavid sweeps.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.