Trade Deadline 2015 (March 2nd, 3 p.m.)

Hoss

Part of the sell to Stewart is the franchises willingness to commit to him. It's easier to keep him here than it would be to bring him back so why risk it. 2nd round picks are being tossed around like they're free. I have no doubt if Tim Murray wanted to end the day with 5-6 2nd round picks he easily could. Keeping Stewart in a Sabres uniform is far more valuable, it's really not even close. The tear down is already complete, it's time to build and Stewart is a great building block to keep around.

I'm all for keeping him, as long as he signs a contract extension before 3pm today. Otherwise, he gots to go.

Brett Connolly to Boston

For 2 seconds

I would have thought they'd keep him longer than 2 seconds.

Well, maybe not literally two seconds, but perhaps figuratively (like "a cup of coffee") ...

Maybe Boston will trade Connolly to Buffalo for Stewart.

;)

This isn't some weird performance art.  I do think we're going to blow this.  Trying to finish dead last with good goaltending was always a fool's errand, and Arizona/Edmonton play in the West.  Edmonton is more dysfunctional and Arizona is executing a fire sale beyond anything we're going to do in the next 24 hours.

I'm hoping I'm wrong.

I heard last week somewhere that Ron Rolston's Sabres team finished the season 8-4.  Yikes.

TheFourthPeriodsaid that the Habs are trying hard to land an impact forward. Talk before today is that they only wanted one with term. Maybe we can get them to rethink that.

Bob McKenzie: I'll be curious to see if SJS and/or EDM are able to do anything today in terms of addressing long-term goaltending needs. #TradeCentre

Long-term means with term I assume. Could see Reimer to either.

Edited by Tank

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 33s34 seconds ago

I usually hate reporting what's NOT happening, but LA has not traded Slava Voynov to PHI. #TradeCentre

I guess we can't trust our fellow Russians. The Soviet confederacy is crumbling! Communism is a lie. Defect! Defect!

Edited by Tchaikovsky по Boyes

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.