23-man roster predictions for 2015-16 season

JohnRobertEichel

Well, that would be freaking fantastic.

What are you prepared to give up for Hall?  He will cost more than Kane.

I think Risto, 2015 1st (the lower one) and Ennis might get it done -- but I'm not sure I would pay that price. 

Me too.

The forward lines look pretty likely, although I'm hoping for another good offseason pickup in the top 6.

On D -- how are we going to get OEL?  Are you trading Ennis for him?  OEL is under contract for another 4 years, and I don't see AZ trading him under any circumstances. 

To be honest, Zadorov, Girgensons and the top first round pick are the only assets I wouldn't move to get Hall. Everthing else is on the table. 

How about this for a blockbuster.

To Edmonton : Phil Kessel, Ristolainen

To Buffalo: Taylor Hall, Jake Gardiner

To Toronto: Edmonton's #1 and Draisaitl.

Buffalo's 2nd #1 pick, Grigorenko, McCabe and a 2015 2nd round pick. 

I wonder if a deal like that could ever happen? 

I have no issue with MCDavid on the wing as a rookie.

It's not something I'm advocating, but if it's what is best for the team, why not.

So many other teams have done it with similar players.

And his skill set translates to the wing very well.

For someone who asked before, McDavid played on Reinhart's wing in a couple international tourneys, not the other way around.

Edited by dudacek

Moulson - Eichel - Kane

O'Reilly - Girgensons - J.Williams

Foligno - Reinhart - Stewart

Deslauriers - Berglund - Gionta

Zadarov - Risto

Gorges - Bogosian

Methot - Pysyk

Niemi

Neuvrith

-Sign Niemi, Methot and J.Williams

-Trade a pick to Blues for Berglund because they'll need to cut salary.

-Trade Ennis, Grigorenko and a 2nd for O'Reilly.

Moulson - Eichel - Kane

O'Reilly - Girgensons - J.Williams

Foligno - Reinhart - Stewart

Deslauriers - Berglund - Gionta

Zadarov - Risto

Gorges - Bogosian

Methot - Pysyk

Niemi

Neuvrith

-Sign Niemi, Methot and J.Williams

-Trade a pick to Blues for Berglund because they'll need to cut salary.

-Trade Ennis, Grigorenko and a 2nd for O'Reilly.

We're going to pay Berglund that much on the 4th line?

No F'n way we ice a team at the beginning of the season with 4 rooks at center.

And it is fairly common for a rookie center to break into the league at wing.  I expect at least one of Reinhart and Grigo to start the season at wing, and I wouldn't question it at all if McEichel got his start on a wing.

Yeah i was thinking the same, but i just can't see grigorenko fit on the wing.  

To be honest, Zadorov, Girgensons and the top first round pick are the only assets I wouldn't move to get Hall. Everthing else is on the table. 

How about this for a blockbuster.

To Edmonton : Phil Kessel, Ristolainen

To Buffalo: Taylor Hall, Jake Gardiner

To Toronto: Edmonton's #1 and Draisaitl.

Buffalo's 2nd #1 pick, Grigorenko, McCabe and a 2015 2nd round pick. 

I wonder if a deal like that could ever happen? 

You are undervaluing Ristolainen and NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO Phil Kessel.  

You are undervaluing Ristolainen and NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO Phil Kessel.  

I want to keep Risto, but look again at his proposal.  He has Hall and Gardiner coming to Buffalo, not Kessel.  I wouldn't do the deal--too many assets out for too few in--but it has nothing to do with the Hamburglar.

Edited by Eleven

I want to keep Risto, but look again at his proposal.  He has Hall and Gardiner coming to Buffalo, not Kessel.  I wouldn't do the deal--too many assets out for too few in--but it has nothing to do with the Hamburglar.

Oh.... hmmm... I clearly can't read today. Well I agree with too few assets coming in and too many going out, I would also like to add as much fun as it is to see Zadorov do what he does, Ristolainen is the better player.

when GIrgensons first played in Buffalo was it LW? I would like to see him moved to wing but if he is a LW'er we are pretty set there with Kane and Moulson playing in the top 6. here it goes anyways:

Kane                Eichel         TBD

Girgensons      Rienhart      Ennis

Moulson          Grigerenko  Gionta

Deslauriers      Foligno        Kaleta

Zadorov     Risto

Bogosian   Pysyk

Gorges      Weber

Still missing a RW position. Could there be a return of Stewart ? maybe one of Bailey or Baptiste will be ready? or trade for an offensive guy like Yakopov..yes I know its crazy but i think he could be had at relatively low price.

Still don't see the playoffs for this team next year but they will be much more fun to watch.

Edited by Crusader1969

Ill throw my hat into the ring here..

Im going to go with the following lines for the start of next season

Kane - Girgensons - Ennis

Moulson - McEichel - Gionta

Foligno - Reinhart - Grigorenko

Dedlauries - Mccormick - Flynn/Kaleta

Gorges - Bogosian

Ristolainen - Zadorov

Pysyk - McCabe

Weber/Rudy

Neuvirth

Makarov

Ill throw my hat into the ring here..

Im going to go with the following lines for the start of next season

Kane - Girgensons - Ennis

Moulson - McEichel - Gionta

Foligno - Reinhart - Grigorenko

Dedlauries - Mccormick - Flynn/Kaleta

Gorges - Bogosian

Ristolainen - Zadorov

Pysyk - McCabe

Weber/Rudy

Neuvirth

Makarov

This is basically the current lineup adding McEichel and Reinhart. Not exactly inspiring the masses to be competitive, as the current roster is one of the all-time worst NHL teams.

I'm thinking that GMTM has way more up his sleeve than hoping a 19yrs old and a 20 yr old lead the team to the playoffs. What that will be is anyone's guess, but i'm thinking there will be significant FA action to fill out the wings.

This is basically the current lineup adding McEichel and Reinhart. Not exactly inspiring the masses to be competitive, as the current roster is one of the all-time worst NHL teams.

I'm thinking that GMTM has way more up his sleeve than hoping a 19yrs old and a 20 yr old lead the team to the playoffs. What that will be is anyone's guess, but i'm thinking there will be significant FA action to fill out the wings.

Or a trade.  Or something.

I think TM wants to see major improvement next year.  To me, that means at least one more top-6 forward and one more top-4 defenseman. 

Or a trade.  Or something.

I think TM wants to see major improvement next year.  To me, that means at least one more top-6 forward and one more top-4 defenseman. 

Oh yeah agreed. It's just really tough to predict the offseason trades that GMTM will make with any certainty, since I am confident it will be for a name that few have on their radar. I will say that it will probably be for a player in a similar mold to Evander Kane, i.e. good size, talented player coming off a down year that has shown top line skill in the past. People around here will be shocked by the price of giving up our prized prospects, but in GMTM's world, there are only 12 deck chairs out there for the forwards, and he'd rather have some talented ###### fill those seats than Compher/Bailey/Fashing all sitting in the same chair.

Way I see it, we need a top line RW opposite Kane and McDavid for the first line. This is the trade above.

Second line is set at Moulson, Reinhart, Ennis. Ennis is a little small, but has shown the talent to make up for it. Could be a spot for a Justin Williams who I believe is GMTM's type of player.

Third line is traditional checking/shutdown line. Any number of Zemgus/Foligno/Gionta/Grigo etc will fill this.

Fourth line is the agitator line, with Deslauriers types down there.

So here's what we're missing in GMTM's world. Bold is acquisitions and italics are possible upgrades.

Kane   McDavid   #1 RW

Moulson Reinhart Ennis

Foligno Girgensens Gionta

Deslauriers #4 C #4 RW

Bogosian #1 RHD

Ristolainen Zadorov

Gorges Pysyk

Starting Goalie

Backup Goalie

Edited by Touched by Boyes

So here's what we're missing in GMTM's world. Bold is acquisitions and italics are possible upgrades.

Kane   McDavid   #RYAN O'REILLY

Moulson Reinhart Ennis

Foligno Girgensens Gionta

Deslauriers #4 C #4 RW

Bogosian #1 RHD

Ristolainen Zadorov

Gorges Pysyk

Starting Goalie

Backup Goalie

I don't agree with this as lines, but I think as a depth chart it is exactly correct and I also think it could be a competitive team, assuming Reinhart and McEichel can play.

McCormick, Flynn and Larsson are serviceable candidates for the fourth line, IMO.

So the question is what kind of 1RW and 2/3D can we acquire using some kind of combination of free agency, Hodgson, Grigorenko and picks/prospects.

I see a lot of people matching Kane with McEichel and Moulson with Reinhart.

I prefer the opposite.

Line-wise, I think Reinhart and Kane are a perfect match: a force of nature who demands the puck with a hockey genius who can consistently get it to him.

I think McEichel wants the puck too much to play with Kane.

Moulson made his living in Tavares' shadow and I think he was signed specifically to do the same for our new franchise centre.

Edited by dudacek

According to Kris Baker both Bailey and Baptiste are about equal in their NHL readiness.  The question being will they be NHL ready next year?  I doubt that but they possess the raw tools.

I think that'd be asking a lot.  Baptiste's NHLe is at about 25ish, Bailey's at about 30ish.  They're both 19, they should probably both go to the A next year.  Maybe play some big-club games for the experience either at the beginning or end of the season.

BRAWNDO, on 17 Feb 2015 - 10:58 PM, said:

Buccigross having some fun with players he predicts will stay with their NHL Teams as Lifers. 

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/12337757/nhl-play-their-entire-nhl-careers-just-one-team

Yah.  Ennis is gone and Patrick Kane "comes home" in this guy's world.

Mike Green is out there as a big-ticket free agent.

Not a big fan, but he would help the power play.

He's shown flashes and definitely has talent. But mostly, yeah.

The thing is, who are the other choices? Niemi might be better, but he's not the long-term answer and will be expensive.

The other guys out there are mostly just versions of Neuvirth.

Murray's really backed himself into a corner.

I think Neuvirth can play the #1, I also believe Makarov will be brought up as competition, or the #2.  I don't see any reason to sign a big money FA. As far as Grigorenko is concerned, I would like to see him get a shot at some playing time. He definitely deserves it.  Flynn, Ellis, and Larsson should be permanently be placed in Roch.

Edited by DirtDart

I think Neuvirth can play the #1, I also believe Makarov will be brought up as competition, or the #2. I don't see any reason to sign a big money FA. As far as Grigorenko is concerned, I would like to see him get a shot at some playing time. He definitely deserves it. Flynn, Ellis, and Larsson should be permanently be placed in Roch.

Wrong. Larsson has never been given a fair shake in Buffalo and is still highly regarded by scouts.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.