Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Here I am again, defending Drew Stafford. Unreal. Stafford's contract year he had 52 points. The year after? 50. Sure he had fewer goals, but it's not like he stopped playing hockey. He's still a 40-45 point player and in this NHL that's solid second line production. He's not the guy most fans wanted him to be, but he can be a contributor on a good team.

Here I am again, defending Drew Stafford. Unreal. Stafford's contract year he had 52 points. The year after? 50. Sure he had fewer goals, but it's not like he stopped playing hockey. He's still a 40-45 point player and in this NHL that's solid second line production. He's not the guy most fans wanted him to be, but he can be a contributor on a good team.

He can be a 2nd line player IF you have a legit top line and IF you have a good defensive 3rd line to take the tough assignments and IF you have 2 much better 2nd line players who wear long dress coats. 

I miss Bmwolf :(

And Wonderbread.

Heh, I love reading that thread. The sausage picture, the old posters, Fu-man Drew...

Hopeful Future with the second post.  Wonder if he'll show up again, only to be run out of town as a BSer.

Also, if a poster is replied to and they have since changed their screen name, the old screen name shows up in the reply.  Kind of cool and a way to keep track of everybody.

I see him as a 2nd liner with Scheif and Wheels but as our younger players develop he might see more 3rd line time....all this if he re-signs of course. Lots of guys from Minny on the team. Is he a leader? Not really, we have lots in Ladd, Wheeler, Stuart and Buff. He ahs scored some big goals tho.

Hopeful Future with the second post.  Wonder if he'll show up again, only to be run out of town as a BSer.

Also, if a poster is replied to and they have since changed their screen name, the old screen name shows up in the reply.  Kind of cool and a way to keep track of everybody.

Did you not know that you can see a full list of a user's name changes on their profile page?

I see him as a 2nd liner with Scheif and Wheels but as our younger players develop he might see more 3rd line time....all this if he re-signs of course. Lots of guys from Minny on the team. Is he a leader? Not really, we have lots in Ladd, Wheeler, Stuart and Buff. He ahs scored some big goals tho.

Drew Stafford is in an excellent position to succeed in Winnipeg.  The roster already has strong leadership and toughness, so he wont be leaned on for either.

And, more importantly (and as X stated), you have good centers.  

That said, I still think a ###### leopard can't change his spots.

Edited by qwksndmonster

I really like Scheif.  Out of all the Jets he's the one that stands out when I watch them.

Stafford's biggest problem in Buffalo was he was the junior member of the Old Rotten Core that included Vanek, Pommenville, Roy and that whole group.  As he declined, so did the Sabres (or was that the other way around?)  We've pretty much eradicated all those players now.  The best thing for both him and the team was a change of scenery (maybe the same can be said of Kane?)  But for Stafford I think his biggest problem is the timing of when he came up and where the team was headed.  He had a fair amount of talent to begin with but it just kind of decayed into oblivion, as did his production.  With the front line talent in WPG he may be able to return to form.

I really like Scheif.  Out of all the Jets he's the one that stands out when I watch them.

Stafford's biggest problem in Buffalo was he was the junior member of the Old Rotten Core that included Vanek, Pommenville, Roy and that whole group.  As he declined, so did the Sabres (or was that the other way around?)  We've pretty much eradicated all those players now.  The best thing for both him and the team was a change of scenery (maybe the same can be said of Kane?)  But for Stafford I think his biggest problem is the timing of when he came up and where the team was headed.  He had a fair amount of talent to begin with but it just kind of decayed into oblivion, as did his production.  With the front line talent in WPG he may be able to return to form.

Not arguing, but is there anyone at all left from the "old core"? You can probably drop the 'pretty much' part. Every player from the old core is now gone. No Vanek, Pominville, Stafford, Roy, Myers, Gaustad, Miller. Heck the longest tenured Sabre is Pat Kaleta and I don't see him playing for us next year.

There is no trace of the team from the post-lockout days. None.

Not arguing, but is there anyone at all left from the "old core"? You can probably drop the 'pretty much' part. Every player from the old core is now gone. No Vanek, Pominville, Stafford, Roy, Myers, Gaustad, Miller. Heck the longest tenured Sabre is Pat Kaleta and I don't see him playing for us next year.

There is no trace of the team from the post-lockout days. None.

I think Rip is still here.  So, that's a trace.

Man Taro and I did not get along.  Also I made it to page 3 of that thread before I rage quit.  Ahh the good old days where I was more Han Solo than Obi Wan

While I could be persuaded that there are elements (perhaps "traces" is more accurate) of Obi-Wan at present, the bolded is an awfully generous description of your early days.  "Wookie" is probably closer to home -- especially given the similarity between his trade ideas and those you used to propose.

And Han Solo knew how to hold his liquor around the ladies.

While I could be persuaded that there are elements (perhaps "traces" is more accurate) of Obi-Wan at present, the bolded is an awfully generous description of your early days.  "Wookie" is probably closer to home -- especially given the similarity between his trade ideas and those you used to propose.

And Han Solo knew how to hold his liquor around the ladies.

54081990.jpg

:nana:

Ducky,

What our youngster from Horseheads really wanted to suggest is ...

... do a search for 11's thread for the ages ... "Drew Stafford Needs To Go".  It's closed, but should not be archived yet.  It ran for 4 years and into the hundreds of pages.  It will tell you everything you need to know about Drew friggin' Stafford.

Post #7 on that thread is all he needs to see.  :blink: