Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Ducky - you could work in my CFO organization anytime. In the outrageous world of sports salaries, that's insight! We're all a little tipsy in the newly opened Pegulaville bar.

With the recent draft, I'm looking forward to a decade long series of Eichel - McDavid battles. I'm equally intrigued by the ascension of Winnipeg and Bogosian/Kane - Myers/Stafford head to heads. Drama, and the game within the game. I dream, but imagine those finals and writers telling the story of GM courage and the building of contenders. Bring it!

Edited by Neo

I don't know how this is possible

I did. I was frustrated with his play at the end and I think he *wanted* to do better, but the whole team was a ###### storm the last couple years. He came up with the last of the core that was just purged; he clearly wasn't part of the team's future direction but I expect he'll be fine in Calgary. He came into a good team and might have been part of a strong future, but then Drury and Briere exited and the team got progressively worse each year. Yes, part of that is on Drew for sure, but it must have been hard playing on a team that was swirling down the toilet. Yeah, he wasn't part of the solution, but I still think he's a good player. Let's see how he does in WPG.

Edited by Robins Egg

I did. I was frustrated with his play at the end and I think he *wanted* to do better, but the whole team was a ###### storm the last couple years. He came up with the last of the core that was just purged; he clearly wasn't part of the team's future direction but I expect he'll be fine in Calgary. He came into a good team and might have been part of a strong future, but then Drury and Briere exited and the team got progressively worse each year. Yes, part of that is on Drew for sure, but it must have been hard playing on a team that was swirling down the toilet. Yeah, he wasn't part of the solution, but I still think he's a good player. Let's see how he does in CGY.

Psssst, pssst, winnipeg.

I did. I was frustrated with his play at the end and I think he *wanted* to do better, but the whole team was a ###### storm the last couple years. He came up with the last of the core that was just purged; he clearly wasn't part of the team's future direction but I expect he'll be fine in Calgary. He came into a good team and might have been part of a strong future, but then Drury and Briere exited and the team got progressively worse each year. Yes, part of that is on Drew for sure, but it must have been hard playing on a team that was swirling down the toilet. Yeah, he wasn't part of the solution, but I still think he's a good player. Let's see how he does in WPG.

What was there to like about Stafford?  Perhaps it was his "grit," lackadaisacal attitude, "hustle;" should I go on?  What drove me crazy is that Lindy continually used him in shootouts.  He appeared clueless, lazily floated in toward the net, made no moves on the goalie, and got off a weak shot that never went in.  When the Sabres drafted him, it was said he was a tough two-way player.  I'm from Missouri on that one.  Perhaps money soothed his dynamic soul.

Smart move by both if you ask me. The Jets get Staf for 2 years while developing prospects and Staf gets a mild bump in pay (although living here is very inexpensive compared to other NHL cities), and a chance for a big contract and probably just in time for expansion.

He scored nine goals and 10 assists in 26 games and seemed to make the line with Scheifele and Wheeler really come together. We've got some RW prospects that should be ready by then and it is a really shrewd deal by Chevy.

Evander Kane is being an ass again on twitter.

Happy Canada Day!

How come he's not posing with mad stacks of loonies if he's really so patriotic? 

Thug!

GO SABRES!!!

Smart move by both if you ask me. The Jets get Staf for 2 years while developing prospects and Staf gets a mild bump in pay (although living here is very inexpensive compared to other NHL cities), and a chance for a big contract and probably just in time for expansion.

He scored nine goals and 10 assists in 26 games and seemed to make the line with Scheifele and Wheeler really come together. We've got some RW prospects that should be ready by then and it is a really shrewd deal by Chevy.

Surprised he didn't at least check out Minnesota. Thought for sure that was his ultimate preferred place to play. He couldn't resist the charms of the 'Peg, I guess. 

GO SABRES!!!

He's not playing for a contract this season so we'll see if his production continues or if the frustrating floater we grew to know shows up more often...

I really think the floating is overstated quite a bit. There, I said it.

When he wasn't floating, he was trying and he still sucked.  Sure there were the 3 weeks or so a year that Drew Stafford was "on" and the goals came.  He's an upgraded version of Cody Hodgson, susceptible to months and months of snake bites.

It's only a shrewd move if Stafford doesn't immediately fall off the table after getting an extension -- which is exactly what happened last time he got one.

As I said when he was traded -- he's got all the tools, and seems like a pretty good guy, but he is highly susceptible to losing his mojo and disappearing for lengthy stretches (like a month-at-a-time stretch).  You simply can't count on him as one of your top 5 forwards.  If you've got 2 solid, productive lines that don't feature him, so whatever you get from him is a bonus, then you're OK.

I didn't see Stafford as floating, but he rarely found that extra gear. I'll always remember him for dropping the gloves instantly and finding Chris Neil. Best wishes, Ducky. Hope we're sparring in a playoff thread soon.

I think Scheifele is my favorite WPG player.  Not sure why, except that for the few games I watched he always seemed to be at the right place at the right time and knew what to do.

I didn't see Stafford as floating, but he rarely found that extra gear. I'll always remember him for dropping the gloves instantly and finding Chris Neil. Best wishes, Ducky. Hope we're sparring in a playoff thread soon.

He would stick up for a team mate. I'll give him that. And he sometimes scored in bunches. Plays in a band. There's that too. Heard he's a mean beer pong guy. Other guys on the team couldn't touch him in that regard. I wish him the best.