Do you like the cleaner look?

SDS

Forum Aesthetics  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the cleaner look?

• yes
    • no

Suddenly I'm getting pop-up ads when I click on threads and the site is insanely laggy. I hope this isn't a real thing that's going to be a long-term deal. I'm all for the ads in certain spots because I want you to make money to support this place, but it's a bit invasive.

That ain't us.

Suddenly I'm getting pop-up ads when I click on threads and the site is insanely laggy. I hope this isn't a real thing that's going to be a long-term deal. I'm all for the ads in certain spots because I want you to make money to support this place, but it's a bit invasive.

You got the internet hepatitis yo.

that's the definition of malware...

yo.

No, not at all. It was an extension. All it did was create advertisements on pages they normally wouldn't be. Wasn't damaging.

I'm not computer illiterate. My laptop has just about had it but luckily there aren't any disabling issues.

Edited by Tank

No, not at all. It was an extension. All it did was create advertisements on pages they normally wouldn't be. Wasn't damaging.

I'm not computer illiterate. My laptop has just about had it but luckily there aren't any disabling issues.

I'll bet the program was collecting your browsing history and communicating back to the ad server. It may be on the borderline of malware/greyware, but I'm glad you got it gone.

I'll bet the program was collecting your browsing history and communicating back to the ad server. It may be on the borderline of malware/greyware, but I'm glad you got it gone.

I'd say technically it's not "malware" as it kind of asked to be installed and apparently didn't hide itself. It's adware or s#1tware, but we're drawing pretty fine lines. Was it Rockettab?

• 2 weeks later...

It's Polish.

Just sayin', but it sounds good.

And I have already officially re-branded our dorkie friend.  Go look for it.

You mean this post from the CBJ GDT thread?

I'm with you bio.

I have made my position abundantly clear.  I am against the tank and I will never, ever, hope the Sabres lose.

Oh, and from now on you will be known as ...

биомужлан

Since I am still on my best behaviour I will refrain from making any reference to sexy Russian female spies ... oooppppsssss.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.