Do you like the cleaner look?

SDS

Forum Aesthetics  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the cleaner look?

• yes
    • no

Changes the font face and eliminated some background colors in the topic index. It was very busy looking. Increased the white space a tad between topics. Got a let the boys breathe ya know? Can's have topics all squashed together.

Also changed the star color to red that let's you know a topic you have participated in has new content.

I don't think the new font helps anything... I am certain that I'll get used to it, but simpler the better with the font.  Everything else looks cleaner though!

The Google Open Sans font gets rave reviews for readability.

I feel like I'm noticing some yellow in new places, but maybe that's just because I messed around with the theme. I like it though.

I just made the filter bar have a yellow background. That's about it though.

I don't think the new font helps anything... I am certain that I'll get used to it, but simpler the better with the font.  Everything else looks cleaner though!

The Google Open Sans font gets rave reviews for readability.

I love the new font.

I just tested it. The yellow I was getting was because it was set to the Sabrespace theme. It was the recent updates button, but I liked the look. Will changing the theme have much of an impact on anything? It's not something I've ever messed with before.

I'm not a huge fan of the red star, either (I feel like the fact that it was already a star vs. a circle was a sufficient visual indicator), but I can get used to it.

Maybe a red circle? :P

I like the red eye spin on it.  :)

I just tested it. The yellow I was getting was because it was set to the Sabrespace theme. It was the recent updates button, but I liked the look. Will changing the theme have much of an impact on anything? It's not something I've ever messed with before.

no. just visuals. I would assume most people use Sabrespace. The theme is exactly like the default theme with some colors/images changed. I haven't really messed with anything else to keep it simple.

I like the look.. the red star and everything.

One thing I noticed is that when I multi-quote (perhaps when I quote as well, but I haven't tried that) the board tags no longer appear.  It threw me at first thinking that the post wouldn't show up as quoted but it did.  Not sure if that's a results of anything or if others see it.

Keep it going.

Not seeing the red stars - probably need to clear the cache, but not sure they're preferable to the old blue ones, so that'll probably wait.

The font is very readable.

Once again, Scott, thanks for all you do here. :beer:

Yep, I had to force a reload to see the red stars.

:flirt: 

Went a little darker. Should be ok now.

That works - it's closer to the color of the "recently updated" block above the list of threads.

Miss, you certainly have charms and the person they're directed at is certainly lucky, but I'm quite taken. :)

;)

Edited by biodork

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.