Do you like the cleaner look?

SDS

Forum Aesthetics  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the cleaner look?

• yes
    • no

Yes I did.  It's cute.  Sometimes you just want to head for the golden arches, ya know?

Seems like something I could work with. I made the royal just to get something appropriate. Now I'm scratching my noodle wondering how to make this work out for the greater good.

Seems like something I could work with. I made the royal just to get something appropriate. Now I'm scratching my noodle wondering how to make this work out for the greater good.

They're just image files (I assume, not having peeked in the back, yet).  I suppose you could have various background images available, drop your SS logo where the text is now...

I see the tabbed links, so forget that.

Edited by sizzlemeister

They're just image files (I assume, not having peeked in the back, yet).  I suppose you could have various background images available, drop your SS logo where the text is now, and get your tabbed links in there across the top.

Yes images. Then they are used on every header.

Okay, now the wheels are turning...

You can have a lot of fun with that header image.   There can be choices like:

A panorama of the locker room.

Ice level seats.

PA's bunker.

A golf course for the off season.

...stuff like that.

Figured I got rid of my Members Only jacket and parachute pants. Might as well bring this place up to snuff.

That is SO TYPICAL for a Buffalo fan. They say things go in 30 year cycles; so you were w/in 1 year (or 2 tops) of them being back in style. (God help us all. ;)) And you gave up right before it was all milk and honey. :doh:

Okay, now the wheels are turning...

You can have a lot of fun with that header image.   There can be choices like:

A panorama of the locker room.

Ice level seats.

PA's bunker.

A golf course for the off season.

...stuff like that.

If you want a crack at playing around with it - I can create a test installation and give you access to modifying the skin directly.

Would people be opposed to maybe tossing some goat head colors in at appropriate places?  Not sure how it would look with blue n gold but it would give us contrasting colors to play with.  Just a random thought for a Friday.

There is a new skin I am looking at (you can see it you change themes). It may make it easier to actually develop separate B/G and B/R skins.

I just realized that the little half-circle arrow, which you click on in a quote in order to jump to that quoted post, is now on the far right rather than the far left (next to the poster's name).  I thought that it was just missing (here and at TBD), but just found it.

Anyway, I guess it makes sense.... because the MultiQuote and Quote buttons are over on the right side?  I'll get used to it.  I just wondered if anyone had strong opinions about putting it back on the left side.

Also if anyone, like me, just thought it had gone missing, maybe this helps :)

Thanks, as always, Scott!

I just realized that the little half-circle arrow, which you click on in a quote in order to jump to that quoted post, is now on the far right rather than the far left (next to the poster's name).  I thought that it was just missing (here and at TBD), but just found it.

Anyway, I guess it makes sense.... because the MultiQuote and Quote buttons are over on the right side?  I'll get used to it.  I just wondered if anyone had strong opinions about putting it back on the left side.

Also if anyone, like me, just thought it had gone missing, maybe this helps :)

Thanks, as always, Scott!

Huh -- I've actually never noticed it before, and now that I looked for it I realize I'd seen it but had no idea what the purpose was, lol.

Huh -- I've actually never noticed it before, and now that I looked for it I realize I'd seen it but had no idea what the purpose was, lol.

With complicated software, everyone should just pretend they are a teenager and just play with the buttons until something good happens.

With complicated software, everyone should just pretend they are a teenager and just play with the buttons until something good happens.

I'm still a year from graduating and I have to do this for every program I write, good to know it never changes  :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Suddenly I'm getting pop-up ads when I click on threads and the site is insanely laggy. I hope this isn't a real thing that's going to be a long-term deal. I'm all for the ads in certain spots because I want you to make money to support this place, but it's a bit invasive.

Suddenly I'm getting pop-up ads when I click on threads and the site is insanely laggy. I hope this isn't a real thing that's going to be a long-term deal. I'm all for the ads in certain spots because I want you to make money to support this place, but it's a bit invasive.

I'd run a malware scan. I'm not seeing any of that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.