Do you like the cleaner look?

SDS

Forum Aesthetics  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the cleaner look?

• yes
    • no

I like it. I don't like the recently updated being in gold. For one thing it takes away the impact of having the stars in gold. And for another, it just doesn't seem that important to emphasize. I would imagine 99% of the board uses "recently updated" and never changes it.

I like it, thanks Scott, love this site. Just wish we could get a Sabres hockey game going to enjoy it more. I'm starting to get Sabres with drawl  :huh:

With drawl? Oh god, oh god, turn it off! You've accidentally tuned into a Dallas Stars game! I can see how you be confused with the coach and all.

Edited by MattPie

The page numbers listed under the thread titles could use some more contrast from the background.  I know they highlight (darker/more contrast) when moused over, but they're difficult to pick up without that, especially with speed.  And on a forum where we often several 10+ page threads, it's handy to have those clickable page numbers readily visible and accessible.

Ghosting the thread starter info and the page numbers makes the list of threads cleaner looking, but at a slight cost of readability and efficiency.

Pic:

RpPvZwu.png

no. just visuals. I would assume most people use Sabrespace. The theme is exactly like the default theme with some colors/images changed. I haven't really messed with anything else to keep it simple.

I only changed it over the weekend because of that issue with making the quotes appear correctly. Otherwise it wasn't an option I would have ever noticed.

The page numbers listed under the thread titles could use some more contrast from the background.  I know they highlight (darker/more contrast) when moused over, but they're difficult to pick up without that, especially with speed.  And on a forum where we often several 10+ page threads, it's handy to have those clickable page numbers readily visible and accessible.

Ghosting the thread starter info and the page numbers makes the list of threads cleaner looking, but at a slight cost of readability and efficiency.

Pic:

RpPvZwu.png

Nicely done.

When your mouse hovers over a topic line, the pagination numbers get slightly darker. Do others think they are generally too feint?

Everything can't be blue and gold or there wouldn't be enough differentiation between things IMO.

I don't like the white on yellow for the thread tags. Maybe blue on yellow for contrast?

Man has a point.  Not sure if it's in transition but the off-topic tags (for me) are currently grey with blue text, which is higher contrast.

Edited by biodork

I don't like the white on yellow for the thread tags. Maybe blue on yellow for contrast?

Eh. I like the white. There were no issue with the off topic tag being a medium-light grey. The yellow is about the same level of contrast.

Man has a point.  Not sure if it's in transition but the off-topic tags (for me) are currently grey with blue text, which is higher contrast.

Go back and look again.

Eh. I like the white. There were no issue with the off topic tag being a medium-light grey. The yellow is about the same level of contrast.

Now yellow/gold with blue text -- much easier to read.

I still see off-topic in grey, though (pinned and poll in yellow)... is that right?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.