Do you like the cleaner look?

SDS

Forum Aesthetics  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the cleaner look?

• yes
    • no

I like it, but is there any way to add an optional dark theme?

I can add new themes but I really don't want to spend much time customizing them. Search the net for IPB themes (3.4.x) and pick out something that you like. Installing them is simple.

However, if you can find a dude willing to make a series of Sabres related themes - one from each era - I'd throw in some $ to have that done. 

Speaking of which, has the link for the chat room been gone for a while, or is that a new "feature?"

I don't think anyone ever used it. My cc changed and the renewal expired. No one said anything. Since the link was dead, I removed it. Was I mistaken?

Over the years, I tried a handful of times to get it fired up, especially for bigger games.  Sometimes we got a few.  Sometimes not.  If you have the link at all, having it indicate number of users in the chat room seemed immensely useful.  Otherwise literally nobody would ever click on it.

So, a Shoutbox - for whatever reason - seems to be preferred by a lot of people. I could never get TSW to use the chat room. Everyone wanted the shoutbox, so I got rid of it there too (chat room is the right tool, but whatever).

I can add a shout box easily, but it would drastically reduce activity on game dame threads if people switched.

So, a Shoutbox - for whatever reason - seems to be preferred by a lot of people. I could never get TSW to use the chat room. Everyone wanted the shoutbox, so I got rid of it there too (chat room is the right tool, but whatever).

I can add a shout box easily, but it would drastically reduce activity on game dame threads if people switched.

It's your show.

I feel like GDT's are indispensable for pre-game shenanigans and post-game discussion, but I always felt that a real-time doohickey would be more fun for in-game blathering.  These aren't strong opinions, though.

You don't want that theme. 

Is it really that bad?  

I can add new themes but I really don't want to spend much time customizing them. Search the net for IPB themes (3.4.x) and pick out something that you like. Installing them is simple.

However, if you can find a dude willing to make a series of Sabres related themes - one from each era - I'd throw in some $ to have that done. 

Thanks, I'll check it out. Don't know anybody off the top of my head, but I'll make a mental note. 

After having used the board for a bit now, I am REALLY opposed to the gold star. I like the idea of emphasizing that a thread you've posted in has been updated, however when I see gold, I see not blue, which is a signal to me that I've read it — hope that makes sense. I think a bold blue star is enough.

After having used the board for a bit now, I am REALLY opposed to the gold star. I like the idea of emphasizing that a thread you've posted in has been updated, however when I see gold, I see not blue, which is a signal to me that I've read it — hope that makes sense. I think a bold blue star is enough.

So, if gold is 'not blue,' is red 'not green' or does some other color hold that distinction?

The page numbers listed under the thread titles could use some more contrast from the background.  I know they highlight (darker/more contrast) when moused over, but they're difficult to pick up without that, especially with speed.  And on a forum where we often several 10+ page threads, it's handy to have those clickable page numbers readily visible and accessible.

Ghosting the thread starter info and the page numbers makes the list of threads cleaner looking, but at a slight cost of readability and efficiency.

Pic:

RpPvZwu.png

Sweet. I made the list of weirdos! :-) Hooray! Thanks Physics.

Scott I asked you eons ago to make the star signifying new posts white or gold or something. I liked it when I saw it earlier today. It definitely did make new posts easier to spot. Sigh, it's already gone. The way the Aud Club shows up now looks like something that the Brian Setzer Orchestra would paste on a stage. Crazy cool cat!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.