Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

The Bills were outclassed and outcoached today.

They will not beat the Pats, ever, with Brady playing that well.

They also will not be a serious contender if they can't get through a game without committing 10+ penalties.  (At least Swamp hasn't claimed yet that the refs gave the game to the Pats.)

The trade for Watkins continues to look like a terrible move.  That extra #1 this year should've been used for an offensive lineman.  And for the Whaley defenders:  the offensive line is a pretty freaking important part of the team.  The Bills' line stinks.

TT played lousy for 3 quarters, but at least he got some good reps in during the 4th.

I missed the game. How does Brady throw for 466 yards, Tie Rod get sacked 8 times, throw 3 picks and NE only win by 8?

The defense isn't as good (corners/safeties), Tyrod is working on being a actual pocket QB to some degree, Tyrod is actually has some decent talent but he wasn't able to manage the game because he had to push the tempo to actually try and win.

All in all, long season ahead of us. Sucks we lost.  The teams offense actually had some moments. 

They also will not be a serious contender if they can't get through a game without committing 10+ penalties.  (At least Swamp hasn't claimed yet that the refs gave the game to the Pats.)

The trade for Watkins continues to look like a terrible move.  That extra #1 this year should've been used for an offensive lineman.  And for the Whaley defenders:  the offensive line is a pretty freaking important part of the team.  The Bills' line stinks.

TT played lousy for 3 quarters, but at least he got some good reps in during the 4th.

I'm glad we lost to them today. It's a marathon not a sprint.

I really think that by the end, we will make the play offs and the Cheaters won't.

The defense isn't as good (corners/safeties), Tyrod is working on being a actual pocket QB to some degree, Tyrod is actually has some decent talent but he wasn't able to manage the game because he had to push the tempo to actually try and win.

All in all, long season ahead of us. Sucks we lost.  The teams offense actually had some moments.

This.

Also Romo has a broken clavicle

What a blast. Fun game.

We will beat them the next time we play them.

The officiating was so beyond biased I don't know what to say.

The Bills are good. We are going to be happy with the rest of this season.

Thank you. I figured beating both AFC championship teams to start the season was going to be a tall order. 

I think chip kelly the gm is not very good.

Also, has anyone just considered we aren't as good as the patriots, but can still be a good team.  The colts clearly aren't as good as the pats, but at still a solid playoff contender.  

For some reason, I love watching Chip Kelly's personnel moves backfire.

Hey Nfreemen, say Brady takes off and runs with the ball. If he slid and got hit the way Tyrod got hit, would they have picked that flag up?

Yeah. Didn't think so.

Why?

Everyone realizes that we lost to the Super Bowl champs by one score today, right? And the refs were not favoring us, right? I think we did alright today.

You have got to be kidding me.

As a Whaley supporter, I agree with your central premise (and this isn't hindsight, I was on the "watch out for OL trouble" train during the offseason), but I think you're stretching it by connecting it to the Watkins trade. Hell, given Whaley's (admittedly small) track record of drafting and signing linemen, there's no reason to believe drafting one there or at #19 this year would have solved a damn thing :lol:

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Why?

Everyone realizes that we lost to the Super Bowl champs by one score today, right? And the refs were not favoring us, right? I think we did alright today.

I'm not sure whether you were able to watch the first half or not.  But after a VERY successful start, based upon running and wearing them down, Roman went with a strategy of throwing short passes behind the LOS.  (Which was EXACTLY what the cheats did on their first series, which the Bills shut down.)

There was no reason for that.  It led directly to bad field position for the Bills defense on two successive possessions, each of which ended in cheat touchdowns.

Ground and pound would have beat that crappy D-line.  Instead he went with finesse ball--EARLY and AFTER GROUND AND POUND HAD WORKED.  I want to kill him.

Any more questions?

You have got to be kidding me.

He's right about the no call on the hit on Tyrod--the refs were 100% wrong to pick that flag up.  But really, the Bills penalties were mostly well-earned. It's also worth noting that on the downfield throw Hughes broke up to Gronk, that Hughes absolutely got there early and grabbed his arm, but the refs either let it go or missed it.

I'm not sure whether you were able to watch the first half or not.  But after a VERY successful start, based upon running and wearing them down, Roman went with a strategy of throwing short passes behind the LOS.  (Which was EXACTLY what the cheats did on their first series, which the Bills shut down.)

There was no reason for that.  It led directly to bad field position for the Bills defense on two successive possessions, each of which ended in cheat touchdowns.

Ground and pound would have beat that crappy D-line.  Instead he went with finesse ball--EARLY and AFTER GROUND AND POUND HAD WORKED.  I want to kill him.

Any more questions?

Couldn't agree more. It was frustrating, but we still only just lost to a team that was better than us.

Any more questions?

He started passing because after that drive the running game was wholly ineffective on early downs, and for several series in a row was putting us in untenable 3rd and long situations. Our line is not capable of ground and pound.

While we're bitching about coaching, Ryan's decision to punt in NE territory when already down a couple of TDs was not only gutless, but stupid. Our defense had shown no signs of being able to stop them, and he decided that 20 yards of field position was more valuable than potentially scoring. Insane.

He started passing because after that drive the running game was wholly ineffective on early downs, and for several series in a row was putting us in untenable 3rd and long situations. Our line is not capable of ground and pound.

While we're bitching about coaching, Ryan's decision to punt in NE territory when already down a couple of TDs was not only gutless, but stupid. Our defense had shown no signs of being able to stop them, and he decided that 20 yards of field position was more valuable than potentially scoring. Insane.

He started passing behind the line of scrimmage.  On the Bills' second and third possessions, and well before anything was ineffective or even COULD HAVE BEEN ineffective, considering that on the first possession, the team scored.  (By running the ball up NE's throats, I might add.)  First quarter stuff, not later stuff.  Re-watch.

Edited by Eleven

He's right about the no call on the hit on Tyrod--the refs were 100% wrong to pick that flag up.  But really, the Bills penalties were mostly well-earned. It's also worth noting that on the downfield throw Hughes broke up to Gronk, that Hughes absolutely got there early and grabbed his arm, but the refs either let it go or missed it.

Nfreemen's faith in the establishment is just cute.

He started passing behind the line of scrimmage.  On the Bills' second and third possessions, and well before anything was ineffective or even COULD HAVE BEEN ineffective, considering that on the first possession, the team scored.  (By running the ###### ball up NE's throats, I might add.)  First quarter stuff, not later stuff.  Re-watch.

I was driving most of the first quarter, so my perception of what happened could easily just be wrong. I stand by the general point, however, about our OL not being good enough to consistently run effectively regardless of opponent.

Furthermore, I have no desire to re-watch any of that game :lol:

I focused quite a bit on TT.  What I noticed that he's still too lively in the pocket.  He flushes easily and the Pats know it.  I think we'll look back on this game and see it as a learning experience for him.  Lots of teachable moments there to help him with is decision making.  I do think most of his decisions were good, but habit/instinct need to be overcome.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.