Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

I'm not an NFL fan, but watched the game yesterday.  

Rex Ryan looked like a coach that is lost.  

Manuel still needed a play book on his left arm as the #2 QB 7 games into the season.   :blink:

Don't think the defense did all that bad, 34 points against where 21 points manuel and his interceptions were to blame the most.

Thing with defense is though, don't know if Rex is using different set up than last year, but if he is he should be thinking about changing back, opposing Quarterbacks seem to have to much time to throw the ball.

I'm not an NFL fan, but watched the game yesterday.  

Rex Ryan looked like a coach that is lost.  

Manuel still needed a play book on his left arm as the #2 QB 7 games into the season.   :blink:

Don't think the defense did all that bad, 34 points against where 21 points manuel and his interceptions were to blame the most.

Thing with defense is though, don't know if Rex is using different set up than last year, but if he is he should be thinking about changing back, opposing Quarterbacks seem to have to much time to throw the ball.

I believe most QB's if not all have the plays on their wrist band. 

Ok so when Whaley is gone we can stop bitching about it right?

I imagine the bitching will stop when we have a god damned quarterback.

Can I disagree with your classification of WRs as a luxury position without re-hashing the Watkins trade itself? Because I would like to do that.

You can choose to be wrong in whichever way you see fit. :nana:  I have no interest in the Bills winning fantasy football games, I would like to watch them win playoff games.

I imagine the bitching will stop when we have a god damned quarterback.

Jesus himself couldn't complete passes behind that line (well that and he's more of a goalie anyway).  At this point they need to spend every single draft pick on the o-line (except maybe the one they use on a QB),

I think he's only mediocre. His performance against the titans and giants left a lot to be desired.

His passing game, you know, the thing a QB is supposed to do, really worries me.  Then again, I think it is very much a product of his lack of protection.  We're screwed there though, it's not going to get any better this year.

Tyrod has looked above average so far but, like Ink said, the Titans game is the type of game a good QB can't have. He saved us with his legs late but I don't want to be relying on my QBs legs much (it's the reason he got hurt).

Unless Tyrod comes out looking like Drew Brees in the pocket I think this team is in that must draft a QB in the first spot again. Which is good this year because there are some top-tier QBs. Issue is there's a ton of teams looking for one: Washington, Chicago, Cleveland, San Fran, Houston and us. Most of those teams will probably end up drafting before us so it's time to make a huge trade up if the circumstance is right.

If he's above average, I'm going o-line with the first pick and protecting him.  We have posters here who were still in diapers the last time we had above average QB play.  There isn't much of that out there, so if we actually have one, we need to protect him.  That and if they really want to run this ground and pound game in the next few years, they need a lot of help there.

If he's above average, I'm going o-line with the first pick and protecting him. We have posters here who were still in diapers the last time we had above average QB play. There isn't much of that out there, so if we actually have one, we need to protect him. That and if they really want to run this ground and pound game in the next few years, they need a lot of help there.

Above average isn't what this team or any team in this league needs. He will be a part of the conversation at QB next year, but this team needs to figure out the QB position above all else. I'm going O-line heavy in free agency and with other picks.

Tyrod was a late pick for a reason. He's got a shot to shock the world, but it's highly unlikely. Let's see what he does for the rest of the season. A partial season of above average is something we've seen before (Kyle Orton and Ryan Fitzpatrick performed above average for a few games very recently). It's not enough to think we're settled at the position. We've foolishly thought that too many times before.

Sold on a playoff team? I don't think you're hearing me. This team had playoff potential. They blew it already but the talent was there. That's not me saying that the playoffs are going to happen. There can be middle ground. I can't admit it because it means nothing to me. Every time the Bills missed since 2008? That means something to me. Less and less, these days, as I'm trying to stop watching the Bills. Why do you feel anchored to them? PA moved on from his Bills fandom.

I also hold the record for highest % of posts edited.

Born and raised so no choice, but like I and others have said I've successfully reached detached observer status for years now and its just how I'm going to approach this team until they actually do something on the field and not on paper.

If anyone wants to optimistic and keep the this time it's different approach, then more power to you, I'm not questioning your fandom at all. However, the best way I like to explain my approach to friends is to look at teams like the Lions or Browns in August every year and imagine having a friend or two who are big fans of either of those teams try to convince you about how it just might be different for them this year. Pretty laughable, right?

Born and raised so no choice, but like I and others have said I've successfully reached detached observer status for years now and its just how I'm going to approach this team until they actually do something on the field and not on paper.

If anyone wants to optimistic and keep the this time it's different approach, then more power to you, I'm not questioning your fandom at all. However, the best way I like to explain my approach to friends is to look at teams like the Lions or Browns in August every year and imagine having a friend or two who are big fans of either of those teams try to convince you about how it just might be different for them this year. Pretty laughable, right?

Nah. Just sports fan stuff.

Above average isn't what this team or any team in this league needs. He will be a part of the conversation at QB next year, but this team needs to figure out the QB position above all else. I'm going O-line heavy in free agency and with other picks.

Tyrod was a late pick for a reason. He's got a shot to shock the world, but it's highly unlikely. Let's see what he does for the rest of the season. A partial season of above average is something we've seen before (Kyle Orton and Ryan Fitzpatrick performed above average for a few games very recently). It's not enough to think we're settled at the position. We've foolishly thought that too many times before.

It's purely semantics at this point, but every single team would be happy with above average QB play.  I think you've got something far different in your mind than I do when you hear that label.  Of course every team wants elite QB play, but they'd also much rather take this theoretical "above average QB" over the EJs, Ryan Mallets, and McCowns of the league.

Bills need to lose to Texans, Chiefs and Skins to have a shot at a top 5 pick. 6 wins is the absolute best this team can hope for and I'm hoping they can crap the bed on those the teams mentioned. In hindsight, it's too bad they beat TN but who knows, maybe the whole team is in tank mode now. Once they lose to Miami and the Jets, they should be good to really implode and sell off defensive parts. 

Bills need to lose to Texans, Chiefs and Skins to have a shot at a top 5 pick. 6 wins is the absolute best this team can hope for and I'm hoping they can crap the bed on those the teams mentioned. In hindsight, it's too bad they beat TN but who knows, maybe the whole team is in tank mode now. Once they lose to Miami and the Jets, they should be good to really implode and sell off defensive parts. 

I can't really see Rex steering this team down the tank road.  There's just too much talent to get a worthwhile draft pick.

Above average isn't good enough, yet you pine for Ryan Tannehill.

Above average isn't good enough, yet you pine for Ryan Tannehill.

My "thing" with Ryan Tannehill is that he's not the disaster this board and Bills fans want to think he is. He was also more than above average prior to this season, to me. He's set Dolphins records (most consecutive passes without an interception) and NFL records (most consecutive passes without an incompletion). I think Ryan Tannehill is "very good," not "above average."

I think my radar is way off because of how I've evaluated QBs (specifically the Bills) for a while. "Above average" to me doesn't say much, but it seems to say a lot to others.

i can't think of the last time an NFL team moved up significantly based on a trade of rostered players.

It's been a while, but it doesn't mean it can't happen. Especially if you're looking at a team like Jacksonville that has a QB and has drafted high for a long time. Eventually they might want to use the pick to acquire a later pick plus some legit veterans to kick start their team.

The most recent I can remember is the Jets moving up for Mark Sanchez. They gave up 17, a second and three NFL players. We could dangle guys like Leodis McKelvin, Jerry Hughes and a few others depending on what we do in free agency.

Edited by Hoss

My "thing" with Ryan Tannehill is that he's not the disaster this board and Bills fans want to think he is. He was also more than above average prior to this season, to me. He's set Dolphins records (most consecutive passes without an interception) and NFL records (most consecutive passes without an incompletion). I think Ryan Tannehill is "very good," not "above average."

I think my radar is way off because of how I've evaluated QBs (specifically the Bills) for a while. "Above average" to me doesn't say much, but it seems to say a lot to others.

The bolded parts are congruent.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.