Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

for once justice prevails over stupidity................--bizarre but exciting

ps--this game should have never been this close--zona shoulda won by 17.gotta give them credit for remarkable resiliency--esp palmer who was screwing up left andright. Most Qbs would have been hang dog.

Honestly, I wanted Arizona to win. But to end that game so fast in OT makes me sad as a football fan.

Leaving Fitz wide open isn't exactly a great option. Even on a scramble play somebody needs to know where he is. It's not the NFL's fault the Pack screwed the pooch

So, why doesn't the NFL just play a full quarter of OT, at least in the playoffs? I feel cheated with that game ending on the first drive.

I wouldn't mind it at all. I don't think there's anything wrong with the current model, but whenever continuous overtime is brought up, I'm always a fan.

3 plays in OT.

Fine. Two offensive plays.

Edit: I forgot about the incompletion to Fitz. I stand corrected.

Leaving Fitz wide open isn't exactly a great option. Even on a scramble play somebody needs to know where he is. It's not the NFL's fault the Pack screwed the pooch

I wouldn't mind it at all. I don't think there's anything wrong with the current model, but whenever continuous overtime is brought up, I'm always a fan.

I'm not blaming the NFL, just expressing a desire for that game to last longer.

And in GB's defense, it's not like you expect Palmer to roll right on a broken play and throw cross body all the way to the opposite sideline. Rodgers, sire. But Palmer? Scrambling is not his strong suit.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

I don't expect many teams to get the ball and March 80 yards for a TD, I like the OT rules a lot better this way than it was before, when it was instant sudden death and a fg won it.

With that said, I like college football OT, each team gets a shot from a designated yard line and play goes on until one team prevails, or gets balsy and goes for 2

I don't expect many teams to get the ball and March 80 yards for a TD, I like the OT rules a lot better this way than it was before, when it was instant sudden death and a fg won it.

With that said, I like college football OT, each team gets a shot from a designated yard line and play goes on until one team prevails, or gets balsy and goes for 2

College OT is the best.

Tyler Dunne sits down with Eric Woods, Warren Moon, Mark Brunell, Rich Gannon, Brian Billick, and Kevin Gilbride to discuss the future of Tyrod Taylor, his skill and play, and whether or not he can be the answer. Questions asked include:

1) First Impressions

2) Russell Wilson Trajectory

3) Can he excel from the pocket?

4) Leadership

5) Caretacker or Playmaker?

6) Decision; Future and current contract

Is Taylor the franchise quarterback? Whaley bites his tongue on the subject for now.

Moon: “I think he is. He’s only going to get better as he spends more time with those guys. It doesn’t happen overnight when you go to a new football team

Gannon: “The Dolphins overpaid for Suh and committed crazy money to Ryan Tannehill, who has a losing record as a starting quarterback. Is that good business? Or do you do that because you drafted him, you’re married to him and you have no better alternative right now? That’s a bad way to do business.”

Brunell: “I would. I would go forward with him. Yes. He’s shown me enough. Listen, there’s not a lot of real good young quarterbacks out there. But he’s one of them. Now, if he stayed the same for the next three, four years, you know, that’d be frustrating. But if I knew the kid and I knew he had the potential to get better, I’d stick with him.”

Moon: “He’s off to a great start. I think he’s someone they can build around.”

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/01/15/249280/

Tyrod also sat down on NFL Network to discuss his season and why he can be the franchise QB

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Tyrod-Taylor-on-if-hes-Bills-franchise-QB-I-think-Ive-shown-what-I-do/9861dc39-d173-46f3-aeb5-74c64f3170c5

Edited by WildCard

Wonder what the odds are the NFL ever adopts that concept

Why not just play 3 on 3?  :doh:

I wish the NFL would go back to the sudden death version of OT. The isn't kindergarten where each kid gets a seat in musical chairs. 

Hats off to Carson Palmer. When he left Cincy many thought he was on his way out of the NFL. What a great resurrection story. I am rooting for Palmer and the Cardinals to win it all. 

Why not just play 3 on 3? :doh:

I wish the NFL would go back to the sudden death version of OT. The isn't kindergarten where each kid gets a seat in musical chairs.

Hats off to Carson Palmer. When he left Cincy many thought he was on his way out of the NFL. What a great resurrection story. I am rooting for Palmer and the Cardinals to win it all.

It's garbage to have sudden death when a kicker can boot one from 60 yards. A coin flip dictates who gets the ball. It's not like hockey where each team has an even shot to posses the puck, and then let the better team dominate.

Let the teams put their offense and defense our there like it was meant to be and fight it out with skill.

I agree on Palmer, I want him and fitzgerald to win, they have to play better than they did yesterday if they want that to happen.

It's garbage to have sudden death when a kicker can boot one from 60 yards. A coin flip dictates who gets the ball. It's not like hockey where each team has an even shot to posses the puck, and then let the better team dominate.

Let the teams put their offense and defense our there like it was meant to be and fight it out with skill.

I agree on Palmer, I want him and fitzgerald to win, they have to play better than they did yesterday if they want that to happen.

If your special teams and defense allows a team to march down the field and score why does a team deserve a shot on offense? Kickoff, cover on special teams and have your defense hold for a 3 and out and you get the ball at about midfield. The college system is horrible and not a reflection of the game, like the NHL's 3 on 3 is not representative of the game as a whole.

The Packers had a chance to win the game. The had a choice to go for 2 pts with no time on the clock. They decided to go for the single extra point. If Mike McCarthy would have showed some balls the Packers might be alive in the playoffs today. It was that decision that ended up costing the Packers the game, not a coin flip.    

If your special teams and defense allows a team to march down the field and score why does a team deserve a shot on offense? Kickoff, cover on special teams and have your defense hold for a 3 and out and you get the ball at about midfield. The college system is horrible and not a reflection of the game, like the NHL's 3 on 3 is not representative of the game as a whole.

The Packers had a chance to win the game. The had a choice to go for 2 pts with no time on the clock. They decided to go for the single extra point. If Mike McCarthy would have showed some balls the Packers might be alive in the playoffs today. It was that decision that ended up costing the Packers the game, not a coin flip.

While I agree coaches in general have no balls in the NFL in almost all situations... Except maybe Bruce Arians a couple of times. I still think that a field goal is too easy to get.. Throw a bomb and get a Bs pass interference penalty and bam it's almost like game over. It's so much easier to move the ball the 40 yards needed for FG range than it is for the TD. Maybe the college system isn't the fix, but I think it's much more fair this way.

While I agree coaches in general have no balls in the NFL in almost all situations... Except maybe Bruce Arians a couple of times. I still think that a field goal is too easy to get.. Throw a bomb and get a Bs pass interference penalty and bam it's almost like game over. It's so much easier to move the ball the 40 yards needed for FG range than it is for the TD. Maybe the college system isn't the fix, but I think it's much more fair this way.

I would only accept the college system if they eliminated the field goal option. TD or bust. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.