Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Anyone watching the draft tonight? I understand the Bills do not have a 1st round pick, but who knows what Whaley or should I say Pegula may try to do. I was shocked/excited w/ the aggressive trade to move up for Watkins. I haven't been paying attention to the pre-draft rankings. Is there an offensive lineman that could have an immediate impact? If not, the Bills should stay where they are at. 

I'll be watching. I have friends down here who spend hundreds of hours looking at the first 3 rounds.  It is really fun to watch with them. 

also lol all the EJ jokes

What's funny about any of them? It's really more a shot at the team for drafting him and fans for supporting a team clueless enough to draft him. So any joke about EJ is really just a shot at each and everyone one of us.

I hated the EJ pick from day 1 and came out strongly against its stupidity, so for me this is greatly amusing. 

If Whaley trades back into first or moves up in the 2nd for a qb, he's dead to me.

Agreed. Don't see it happening though. After Winston and Mariota, there isn't a qb in this draft that can be considered a starter in their rookie season. Man, even Mariota is receiving doubt about him starting this year.  

What's funny about any of them? It's really more a shot at the team for drafting him and fans for supporting a team clueless enough to draft him. So any joke about EJ is really just a shot at each and everyone one of us.

This is overly-sensitive.  Fans make fun of other teams for drafting busts, that's fine.  EJ hasn't even busted yet, but everyone seems to know for sure he sucks forever.

Seeing as how he's the only avenue in which the Bills get a franchise QB (probably <5% chance of happening), I'm going to keep rooting for him.

For instance, the Dolphins drafted loser Dion Jordan out of Oregon with the 3rd overall pick.  The Bills picked the heart and soul of that Oregon defense at pick #42 (NEVERMIND THAT WE TRADED HIM, KIKO I LOOOOOVE YOU).  HA Dolphins suck and so do their fans.

Edited by qwksndmonster

All of these articles on whether or not the Bills should trade number 50 are such a waste of time. We have absolutely no clue what will happen before that point... To speculate about a trade before the pick is approaching is a reach and an attempt to look like you know something special.

All of these articles on whether or not the Bills should trade number 50 are such a waste of time. We have absolutely no clue what will happen before that point... To speculate about a trade before the pick is approaching is a reach and an attempt to look like you know something special.

Well to be fair this entire board is based on speculation 

Thoughts on draft day one:

- It really bites that Leonard Williams fell to the Jets. Best player in the draft. Kid has Hall of Fame potential. Very reliable. Body to last a long time in this league.

- Miami pick is meh. Parker is a solid prospect at WR but I'm not crazy scared about him. Good range on balls thrown his way.

- Pats get a DT. They've been trying and failing to complete their defensive line for a while now but haven't been able to do it. Not that it has held them back much.

- There's still a lot of good names left. Randy Gregory won't fall but if he does for some reason you take him in a heart beat.

- I'm hoping by some miracle that La'El Collins' name is cleared by police as the Bills are on the clock. Would be a steal but I doubt he gets drafted this weekend based on the situation. He isn't currently a suspect but it's too risky.

- I like AJ Cann at guard. I'm still a big fan of Garrett Grayson.

I'm well aware of you position. I'm still trying to figure out who you are laughing at.

not really. we didn't make that horrendous draft choice. All the avg FL state fans and anyone with any common sense knew not to draft him with that high a pick if at all...except for the geniuses at one bills drive who have contributed to the bills 15 yr horror story at QB.At some point laughter is good medicine.

I'm no draft expert. Is there any concern about AJ Cann's height? Offencive lineman still available: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/tracker/by-round#dt-by-round-input:1/dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:ol/dt-by-grade-input:1

I'm not sure why there would be concerns with his height.

My top 10 desires for the Bills going into round 2:

1. Randy Gregory, OLB, Nebraska - no way he gets to us, but he's a crazy steal at 50.

2. Jake Fisher, OT, Oregon - a lot of focus on the interior o-line but Henderson was shaky at best. Glenn also could move to guard.

3. TJ Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh - see Fisher.

4. Preston Smith, DE, Mississippi State - still need a third defensive lineman for this team.

5. AJ Cann, OG, South Carolina - might be the best guard in this class. All-around blocker.

6. Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State - if I thought there was a legitimate shot at this happening he'd be higher. Think: Aaron Rodgers.

7. Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota - best TE in this class. All-around talent who would give Roman the two-TE system he covets.

8. Dorial Green Beckham, WR, Missouri - not a huge need but he's got elite talent and elite size that we don't have.

9. Ali Marpet, OL, Hobart - he's extremely versatile which would fit well with the recent trend of the o-line being shuffled.

10. La'El Collins, OT, LSU - first-round talent but he's not getting picked until he's cleared by police. If he is cleared he goes to number 2 on this list.

Other names to watch: Nate Orchard, OLB, Utah; Danielle Hunter, OLB, LSU; Eli Harold, OLB, WVU; Jalen Collins, CB, LSU; Eric Rowe, DB, Utah; Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor; Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA; Sean Mannion, QB, Oregon State

Edited by Hoss

I'm well aware of you position. I'm still trying to figure out who you are laughing at.

I don't get why some people root against a player our team drafted because they want to be right about him sucking.  Not saying that happens here (except for Liger), but whenever I read comments on Bills stuff on the internet it's full of EJ "haters."

I don't get why some people root against a player our team drafted because they want to be right about him sucking.  Not saying that happens here (except for Liger), but whenever I read comments on Bills stuff on the internet it's full of EJ "haters."

I would love for EJ to be good because that still wouldn't prove me wrong.  

My point has and will forever be that Drafting EJ Manuel in the 1st round of the NFL draft was a obvious and egregious mistake because his talent level made him at best a 2nd round pick and realistically more of a 3rd round pick.  Because for 2 seasons now he has failed to solidify himself as the Bills starter, even if now he became an hall of fame QB it wouldn't matter.  Drafting him in the 1st round was stupid and a waste. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.