GDT: Buffalo vs Winnipeg, 12/16/14, 8p

wjag

Last time, Lowry boarded Kaleta and escaped any league punishment.

Time for retribution?

Buffalo has struggled against Thrashers/Jets going back to the Drury era,

Time to earn a real win. Probably will get Pavelec but Hutchinson is just as hot.

Ladd, Wheeler, and Little are rolling. Throw in Kane and Byfuglien and this should be a fun one to watch.

Mitchell day-to-day

Neuvirth starts, does he finish?

Grigs and Girgs, the way it was supposed to be.

459629394_std.jpg

459627432_slide.jpg

459625698_slide.jpg

Edited by Spndnchz

Something has to give at some point. For the first time in years we are better at home than on the road. Not sure what will happen tonight but I am starting to see the Sabres fowards elevating their game to match the defense and GT. Grigorenko's play is obviously one of the most important parts of tonights game win or lose. He needs to look better than he did last year. Preseason doesn't really matter but a rising team who needs him to come in play has added pressure. I think Grigorenko has the brains and skill to do it but I could be wrong. Reading the reports from Rochester and seeing his game progress there does give me hope.

Something has to give at some point. For the first time in years we are better at home than on the road. Not sure what will happen tonight but I am starting to see the Sabres fowards elevating their game to match the defense and GT. Grigorenko's play is obviously one of the most important parts of tonights game win or lose. He needs to look better than he did last year. Preseason doesn't really matter but a rising team who needs him to come in play has added pressure. I think Grigorenko has the brains and skill to do it but I could be wrong. Reading the reports from Rochester and seeing his game progress there does give me hope.

The one thing to watch with Grigorekno is his puck protection. It's bad. At least in Rochester. He coughs it up like Ennis used to anytime an opposing player so much as gets a stick on him. The only way he looks good is if his line mates can make space for him.

The one thing to watch with Grigorekno is his puck protection. It's bad. At least in Rochester. He coughs it up like Ennis used to anytime an opposing player so much as gets a stick on him. The only way he looks good is if his line mates can make space for him.

Which he had in spades with Armia, as soon as he got hurt Grigs game suffered. Hopefully he'll have some linemates that will do that for him.

Would you guys consider putting Grigs on a line with Ennis and Moulson for one night only to see what he can do? Or is the GEM line to important to mess around with?

Way too important. Don't fix what ain't broken.

I will say one thing. Winnipeg is just 6-6-2 at home this season. That's not a great home record.

This is the complete opposite of what Matt Coller was saying this morning on the radio. What is real? :lol:

This is the complete opposite of what Matt Coller was saying this morning on the radio. What is real? :lol:

Matt Coller is dumb.

The one thing that Grigo shows flashes of being able to do is shield the puck with his body, but he doesn't do it consistently enough. He's got the skill to keep plays going under pressure but he doesn't always do it. I think he's still adjusting and it results in some really soft plays sometimes.

I'm curious to see what he does when he has real talent around him. But on the Amerks he's not doing enough by himself.

459627432_slide.jpg

I've always loved photos like this that show the crowd. The faces intrigue me. Let's bubble thought those folks. The guy with the facial hair (no glasses): "How brutish!" The woman with the long hair: "I can't believe I fell for a blind date with this moron." Young guy with the flat bill cap: "Dude, that's cold!"

Edited by PASabreFan

Last time, Lowry boarded Kaleta and escaped any league punishment.

Perhaps it's a misconception on my part, but Quintal seems to keep a much lower profile than Crapahan did. If so, I see it as a blessing in disguise - it was usually the Sabres getting pounded with ridiculous heavy handed suspensions, et al, and other teams like Boston enjoying a Most Favored Nation status with Shanahan.

Let the players handle it on the ice; that's the best way.

I've always loved photos like this that show the crowd. The faces intrigue me. Let's bubble thought those folks. The guy with the facial hair (no glasses): "How brutish!" The woman with the long hair: "I can't believe I fell for a blind date with this moron." Young guy with the flat bill cap: "Dude, that's cold!"

The guy with the glasses and facial hair "I'd be a great hockey player if only mother let me play when I was a boy." Red haired women with glasses, "My husband is such a wimp, I should have married that Drummond boy, he's almost rich now."

The guy with the glasses and facial hair "I'd be a great hockey player if only mother let me play when I was a boy." Red haired women with glasses, "My husband is such a wimp, I should have married that Drummond boy, he's almost rich now."

Old guy with fro: "I'm Rip Freaking Taylor, and I couldn't get seats in the first row. At least the guy in front of me didn't show up."

This should be a weekly dedicated thread. There's plenty of pictures of big hits to choose from on a weekly basis.

The commentary from the Sabrespace team here is nothing short of outstanding. :worthy:

Edited by Touched by Boyes

Dude in the toque sitting beside Rip Freaking Taylor ...

... "I'm here with Rip Freaking Taylor and he couldn't even score us front row seats ... WOAH!! Look at that hottie over there, maybe I should give the Ripper the slip and slide in over there ... wait, did I just miss something"

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

The tank is dead and the rest of the season is alive. Time to drop the draft talk and start talking about a trade/FA to get this team to the next level.

I disagree there is a lot of season left, and the Sabres in the majority of the games continue to be outplayed, but saved by Enroth over the course of this streak.

For the first time in years we are better at home than on the road.

Huh?

Grigo will play with Deslauriers and Stafford.

Could be worse only if you replace Stafford with Kaleta. Hey Teddy...make sure you don't put him on the PP and give him a chance to showcase his offensive abilities.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.