GDT: Buffalo vs Winnipeg, 12/16/14, 8p

wjag

Huh?

Could be worse only if you replace Stafford with Kaleta. Hey Teddy...make sure you don't put him on the PP and give him a chance to showcase his offensive abilities.

Yeah let's just reward Grigorenko for no reason. Everyone else on this team is working their ###### off to contribute. The third line is where he deserves to start.

Good, I just wanted at least one of gionta or stafford with him

Yup. Both Des and Staff have actually been playing a gritty game lately. It's the ideal line for Grigo to center.

Yeah let's just reward Grigorenko for no reason. Everyone else on this team is working their ###### off to contribute. The third line is where he deserves to start.

God forbid, he gets a few shifts on the PP. Let him fail(once again) like Reinhart, who that idiot Nolan couldn't see fit to give more than a little PP time over his 9 game stint.

Edited by LabattBlue

Yes! Way to help a young player by sticking him with scrubs, and giving him no chance to showcase his offensive skills on the PP, and build some CONFIDENCE. This is why I want Nolan out of here and away from the future core of this team.

The team was a mess. Reinhart shouldn't have even been here. The fact that he even got his 9 games should be a point of contention. If the team looked then like it does now, then maybe Reinhart sees more ice time. I doubt it though. The vets are going to get played. That's why GMTM brought them in.

The Mess and Beano did though. Oh please.

Reinhart is a defenseman?

Yes! Way to help a young player by sticking him with scrubs, and giving him no chance to showcase his offensive skills on the PP, and build some CONFIDENCE. This is why I want Nolan out of here and away from the future core of this team.

I am judging Nolan solely on how well the kids develop this year.

Exhibits A-D: Deslauriers, Girgensons, Zadorov and Ristolainen.

I'm inclined to think Teddy did the right thing with Reinhart.

Stafford (who has been playing well) and Des are a good place for Grigo to start.

Edited by dudacek

The 9 game stint at the beginning of the season was simply to send the message to Reinhardt that he's got a lot of hard work and development ahead of him before he can play with the big boys.

The 9 game stint at the beginning of the season was simply to send the message to Reinhardt that he's got a lot of hard work and development ahead of him before he can play with the big boys.

Right on. Which is fine. We didn't really need him to be here this year. GMTM filled the roster to ensure that.

The team was a mess. Reinhart shouldn't have even been here. The fact that he even got his 9 games should be a point of contention. If the team looked then like it does now, then maybe Reinhart sees more ice time. I doubt it though. The vets are going to get played. That's why GMTM brought them in.

Reinhart is a defenseman?

Players who didn't earn it were already on the PP. Stafford was on the PP. I'm with Labatt. Give young guys with supposedly good passing instincts more space on the PP to build their confidence.

Players who didn't earn it were already on the PP. Stafford was on the PP. I'm with Labatt. Give young guys with supposedly good passing instincts more space on the PP to build their confidence.

You're just not getting it are you?

He wasn't going to take ice time from the vets. He just wasn't.

I have developed into someone that can play with the big boys. Listen to my technique, son.

Didn't he eventually get PP time in like, his 8th game here though?

It could say that Teddy eventually realized that's how he should've used Reinhart. But yeah very little from the tire fire start matters now, thank god.

I think Teddy's number one concern was making sure Reinhart didn't end up getting hurt before he was sent back down to juniors.

There is no one on this team through preseason and the first 9 games that had earned anything. At all. That Samson hadn't earned it compared to his teammates, I believe, had nothing to do with the decision to play him in a protected low minute role.

I think Teddy's number one concern was making sure Reinhart didn't end up getting hurt before he was sent back down to juniors.

Because it was preordained.

There is no one on this team through preseason and the first 9 games that had earned anything. At all. That Samson hadn't earned it compared to his teammates, I believe, had nothing to do with the decision to play him in a protected low minute role.

Because it was preordained.

We'll disagree then. Because I think there was no chance of Reinhart getting the minutes everyone seems to think he deserved.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.